SquareTrade

SquareTrade Employee Reviews

SquareTrade insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

It's a Paycheck

For someone just getting hired and learning everything for the first time, it's probably not a terrible place to work. Unfortunately, for me, they bought the company I worked for and completely annihilated the type of work and platform we were accustomed to. I went from being an A+ certified PC tech providing remote phone support to an over-qualified protection plan claims agent.Their leadership structure is very odd as supervisors are not traditional supervisors who manage a team of employees, but rather a kind of tier 2 support when you run into a problem you can't resolve. They also have this ridiculously large and overwhelming database of knowledge articles that they continually refer you to, but the titles of the articles are rarely intuitive to what you are searching for.It's a paycheck and it will help you pay your bills, and if you're the kind of person who like talking on the phone and doing tasks that are reminiscent of an assembly line, then this job should be just fine.

Pros

They pay you on time.

Cons

Benefits are not that great but better than some. Micro-management. High turnover rate.

Great people and great mission, highly recommend. Most the employees are working hard to build a great service. Lots of room to grow and prove your skill set.

Customer service Appliance specialist

Squartrade was a great place to work ,great work hours,good management,great work place culture and customer focused,not much room for advanced but great benefits.

Amazing work place

I loved working with SquareTrade. Very bad attendance policy but I have heard that they have made lots of changes to company. I hope to be provided the opportunity to work with them again.

Good work life balance

Good work life balance Snacks Good food company picnics Team outings Agile principles followed Big company backing (Allstate) San Francisco location Offshore teams

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Not worth it

Stressful place to work at, alot of favoritisum, lack of communication between employees, supervisors and Managers. Fire employees for no reason, barely care for they employees. Crazy call volumes can barely take a quick 1 minutes break between calls. Feels like you a robot.

Typical Call Center Experience - A Nightmare

High turnover rate. Employees are either quitting or being fired as fast as others are hired. You’re micromanaged. You’re glued to your seat ( allowed the minimum legal number of breaks ), but otherwise you are expected to be in your seat, on your headset and computer at all times Rigid Schedules- shifts with established hours that don’t mix with daycare hours, dr appointments, and school holidays (PARENTS BEWARE). Constant Monitoring- agents are often seen as expendable, so many live in constant fear of being dismissed for a bad week or month.

Pros

Co-Workers

Cons

Too many to list - the actual work is not a problem. The people that run the show are the problem.

Squaretrade

Squaretrade is a great place to work for, good benefits and overall a good experience. They tried to make work as fun as they could, and were quick to answer questions and concerns.

No jobs in Maryland

There been no job in baltimore . You may get one or two a month.I strongly recommend not working for this company Do to lack of jobs and lack of money

Pros

Cons

No job in baltimore

If you NEED a job, otherwise find something else

Management doesn't know what to do most of the time because everything changes constantly. There's no direction whatsoever and of course, employees pay for it. With the call center environments changing day by day, there needs to be set rules and procedures in place that not only work for the customer but for the employees. There are neither there at all. Between your manager stating one procedure/method, a supervisor (who by the way is just a glorified claims rep) stating another thing, co-workers knowing another... there's no clear way to do this job aside from winging it and hoping for the best. If you're going to change how the call center functions for compliance and quality, then you need to have someone in place for that. You can't just turn around and say "Here's what we want to do, do it" without giving some kind of guidelines.

Pros

Somewhat decent work environment, paid time off, good break room

Cons

Management, procedures, not enough assistance, lack of implementation

Jobs at SquareTrade

See more jobs

good company

good company to work for. Flexible hours. competitive pay and benefits. very relaxed working environment where you can stretch learn and contribute your talents

Not a great place

The company always speaks about how internal promotions are their go to but over the time I was there they hired externally more often than not even when they had employees who are more than qualified within. They try to distract employees with video game tournaments and small events so they don't think about the fact that they are being underpaid and fired in order to hire people at lesser wages.

Cons

Toxic, hiring is external focused

Would have recommended in 2016, but not now.

I was really happy at Squaretrade when I first started there. Things weren't perfect, but overall, I felt valued as a hard working and top performing employee. It was really encouraging to work at a company that had so many tenured employees still working there. It was also really great to see so many internal promotions. Ever since we were acquired by Allstate and our site director changed, however, things are way different, and not for the better. A strong drive to make our culture "fun" has simply been a way of pacifying us and trying to distract us from the real problems going on in the company, like the fact that the people at the top keep getting promoted higher and the people at the bottom are getting kicked to the side for external hires. They pick and choose what rules get enforced on who; like-able and conventionally attractive people are less likely to be held accountable for their actions than those who are not. But hey, why does any of that matter when we get video game tournaments and happy hour? If you are looking for a company that values the quality of your work over your overall perception, don't work here.

Pros

Consistent full time schedule, flexible PTO, 401K matching, good pay

Cons

Have to practically beg people in other departments to do their jobs, upper management is very cliquey, promotions based on favoritism, people aren't held accountable for their actions unless they're disliked, there's only one person in IT that will help you because the rest of the people are lazy;

It was great, but starting to slope down

SquareTrade was a great place to work and is now an OK place to work. They used to promote from within giving their loyal employees a chance for growth, but they have begun a pattern of looking outside. There is no growth potential at this company any longer.

Avoid

Micromanaging leadership, saddled with technical and business debt, ho hum industry, middle management mostly B and C players, with a couple of Ds sprinkled in for good measure.

Laid back yet mature environment.

We work 8 hour days, 5 days a week. 3 breaks. Flexible dresscode. $14+ an hour. However, calls/people are bad. Back to back. Very rude. Uncontrollable shift bids. When on the phone, people tend to be a lot more mean. It is easy to look past when you take a step back and admire the benefits, but the calls can get overwhelming.

Lots of empty promises

Squaretrade sells you the idea that they are a warranty company that is growing, that they have large partners and that the sky is the limit for a Worker who wants to grow within the Company. However none of this went to the workers, they would tell us about how much money they are making while keeping us on stagnant wages. The job is easy to learn, it provides a living wage, some of the Managers are even easy to work with, however they have been taking more and more benefits away. When I started working there they provided Food 3 times a week, when I left they replaced it with vending machines.

Pros

Living wage

Cons

No room for growth, no company benefits or incentives that are worth pursuing.

Stabilizing company that continues to grow

Amazing people that work here that will help support you in your growth and within your current position. Solid atmosphere filled with people who truly want to be here and make a difference with the company. Solid pay compared to other Orlando area businesses. There has been plenty of opportunities for growth and development within the past year.

Pros

Free monthly lunch, Flex PTO Policy, Solid Pay, Good colleagues

Cons

Should have more processes ironed out than we already do

The atmosphere from when I started has changed

There is room for improvement. The atmosphere has changed from when I first got hired, with that being said there are some growing pains with this company.

Pros

Free lunches, bonuses

Cons

No unpaid time off

We ALL hated it there

There is still a support group (of sorts) for those of us who used to work there. They do not pay enough for all the hassle we had to go through. Phones constantly ringing off the hook, and not enough resources to truly help people.

Pros

Great location, plenty of snacks, breakfast/lunch provided, generally good people who work there.

Cons

Must work holidays (or day after), managers not helpful, change in CEO killed morale, work/life balance sucks, pay is trash

Incredible Learning Environment

Each day presents new opportunities and challenges. From a culture standpoint, the office offers a unique opportunity to engage within each vertical of the company including senior executives. Constant pace can be a struggle at times, but the company offers a very flexible PTO plan

Pros

Flexible PTO

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SquareTrade. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.9Personal Development
4.3Career Opportunities
4.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare SquareTrade with

• SquareTrade
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?