SRI International
Happiness rating is 60 out of 100

SRI International Employee Reviews

United States153 reviews

Very International workplace

Nice environment to work. No job security unfortunately. I enjoyed the freedom to do my work with limited supervision. There were some budget issues and my department was the first to be removed. Other than that it was a great location and work environment.

You can find better

Cons:-Lack of leadership and seasonal direction-Toxic work environment-No work-life balance-Low pay-Having to trap mice in your workspacePros: -Travel

Pros

Travel

Cons

Toxic Work environment, Lack of Leadership

SRI International insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Work is work

Construction like job work hard pushes you everyday people have attitudes and you have to just keep working glad I don't work there anymore waste of time

Terrible place to work at

Management is horrible. The senior techs are worst. They will make mistakes and then blame you for it and management will have their backs. Absolutely horrible environment

Pros

Leaving

Cons

Staying

Hard working team members. Good people to work with.

Remote work is supported. Co-workers are the best part of the job. The work is meaningful. Constant push for proposals is tough. Is it sustainable? Management tries but people often feel overworked.

Pros

Flexibility, remote work

Cons

Proposals, proposals, proposals

Fun workplace

Nice and friendly environment to work. A lot of collaboration to complete tasks. Overall a good place for a person fresh out of college. They care about your growth and development.

Worse experience of my career

Poorly managed, management created a fear work culture, liked to pit employees against one another. Corporate had no direction, started company misleading staff to believe they had trials ready to go when in fact nothing was in pipeline

Fun place to do research and development work

Ability to cutting edge research for both government and commercial applications. Collaborate with colleagues from many different disciplines for a variety of problems.

Productive and fun work environment. Every day is challenging and fast paced in a good way.

Great co-workers and supportive boss to work for. I learned a lot and there were opportunities for promotions. I got to know my co-workers very well. They were like family.

Always doing interesting things and working with very bright people

I worked remotely as a recruiter for primarily PhD Scientists and Engineers in about 8 locations, including Tokyo. A typical day at work started with deciding who I'd be calling as possible candidates, creating and sending job descriptions to people who were good fits, having conversations with the best candidates, and presenting the best candidates to the manager of the position. The most enjoyable part of the job was having open conversations with Scientists and Engineers and the best were those who were very successful and not ego focused. Someone asked me recently what did I like about the position and it clearly was having so many conversations with people I just mentioned. There are other phases of recruiting that are not nearly as enjoyment, such as, hunting for excellent candidates, keeping them interested as they are also looking at competitors and then convincing the manager that a specific candidate is the best of the bunch.

Positive workplace that appreciate thinking employees

Enjoyed the excellent work environment. Many former military. Communications with managers was encouraged and straight forward. This is the place that invented the computer mouse; they promote ideas and embracing progress.

Pros

403b non profit - profit sharing annually

Hired inept management to take moral and work pressure over life back to the early 90's

First 2 years were okay then created and hired new manager for dept. Dept quickly went down hill as outdated anequated policies and work rules were implemented and unequally inforced

Fulfilling work

Loved working with soldiers. I felt connected to them in our environment and felt an urge of completeness when I saw the job through because the soldiers were happy with the results.

One of the most stressful places I've worked

SRI is just not a good place to work overall!!! Terrible Terrible Terrible work environment. It was stressful with video calls every minute. No work life balance. The leadership doesn't care about the staff just to make sure they make money.

Pros

Cons

Almost everything, leadership all the way down!

"old" research institution

"old" means the facilities, research vision, knowledge, and coworker's age. Some nice and smart ppl there. Some managers are nice. It may be an ok place for a new grad, but definitely not experienced ones. The higher management level lacks vision and research quality is very low. Many researchers are 50+, which should not be a problem if their knowledge is up to date. However, most of them are not. Some managers and researchers like to pretend to understand things, which is super annoying. I really do not understand how clients can trust the company. Job is not secure! Being layoff is not uncommon there as each lab takes financial responsibility to itself. However, layoff depends on whether you have a project or not, but not based on your ability. So, pray you are working on a stable project.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

No perks; some gossip managers;

Good work life balance, good coworkers

Good coworkers, great work life balance, always learning interesting things. Lots of smart people you can learn from. People tend to be on the older side.

SRI is a great company

I worked at SRI for 4 years. This was a period of transformation for the company and the accounting department. With the change came stress and hard work. The people were great, even if resistant to change. Management knew change was needed and supported change at certain times. I'm glad for my time at SRI and will always have fond memories.

Pros

Nice campus feel. Incrediable people with a great sense of the mission.

Cons

Intermittent management support for change during a tough time.

Beware

Beware, not for everyone. Slow moving company who's executive leadership lacks vision. You can either be a manager or a leader, be a leader. Most managers at SRI are managers.

Excellent benefits, supportive managers

Love working here. Very supportive managers, flexible work schedule, and trusting staff members. Diverse community, well-rounded learning center, and flexible schedule

Terrible management, very self servng.

Fellow employees great mostly. Management has their own self serving agenda. If you're on their "favorites" list all is good. If not your life will be miserable there. Especially the Princeton location.

No support

If you can fund yourself, you will be fine. Not a very supportive management infrastructure in place to help junior scientists. Need to be on project work all the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SRI International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at SRI International.
Powered byComparably