SRP Companies Employee Reviews

Good company with a lot of travel
Route Relief Representative (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, CONovember 4, 2018
SRP companies supplies general merchandise to convenience stores across the country. I am an R3, I do not have my own territory so each week I am away from home. The job itself is simple but requires attention to detail. Overall, a great place to work with fair wages that has allowed me to experience over half the country over three years.
Dumpter Fire - Stay Away
RSR Driver (Former Employee) –  AnywhereNovember 3, 2018
You will:

Work 55 to 80 hours a week trying to manage a poorly worked route, in stores that could care less if you're there or not.

Have to organize and maintain at least one full storage unit worth of sunglasses, car and cheap Chinese consumer electronics and be ready for audits on the cleanliness of that storage unit and your company supplied van quarterly.

Run into endless problems with stores closing, inventory reclamation, and a plethora of other routing problems that will guarantee that you will hardly ever have a normal work week.

Have upper management that has no footing in actual reality. They expect, but offer absolutely no solutions because they are 100% inept.

You won't:

Ever have free time to spend with your wife and kids or even manage the things around your own home you need to manage.

Have secure bonus structures for all the hard work you do to score well on your audits. The company will change pay terms and bonus structures at will and avoid pay raises and paying out agreed on bonuses saving themselves thousands of dollars a year.

Ever be able to score well on your vehicle and storage audits because you'll be swimming in years of neglected stock that would take a team a week of working a solid week or more to sort, count, box and keep clean.

Have much energy or ambition after six months or so and will eventually quit as a result, unless you have a hillbilly route that is easy to schedule. If you are offered a city route you will not find parking for the oversized commercial van, nor get any help in trying to finding solutions
  more... to this issue. You will be left to figure it out on your own, and will be told that it's your problem to figure it out.

I've never encountered a job that has such poor management in my life. If you take this job, you will eat and sleep the job, and you will only receive criticism no matter how hard you work, how well you score on your audits, and you will find that your pay structure will change so you don't ever succeed. If you really need a job, keep looking. SRP Companies is a dumpster fire of an organization, and you will get burned if you stick around long enough.
Pros
Pay was ok.
Cons
See above.
Growth= pains
Route Service Representative (Current Employee) –  UnknownOctober 20, 2018
The growing of this company has led to multiple issues within the organization. And lack of communication from management. The new pay structure has taken monies away from route service representatives. You have no control over sales or growth of your territory. And bonuses are based off someone else view point of your job, usually not a field rep. And certaonly not a uniformed system. Turn over has increased 10 fold since April. Scan Based Trading has left multiple customers empty in some cases for weeks.
Pros
Take home van. Cell phone provided.
Cons
Manangement. Salary. Growth.
This company rocks
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaOctober 4, 2018
Awesome place to work, never have to have a manager leaning over your shoulder asking how things are going (maybe see them 7 times a year). You work 4 12.5hr days. Off Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Pay is good. Could be better, which they have said they are adding more bonuses and sales incentives. So you'll make between 45,000 and 55,000 (as it stands now). You drive the company vehicle to and from your house, so no vehicle expenses on your part. Company phone comes with the position of RSR. You may have to spend a few nights out of town a month, I spend 6 (company pays for everything). God truly blesses!!!
Pros
Cons
Pay, could he a touch higher
Unbearable schedule
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 13, 2018
No work/life balance. Was hired for local 10 hours a day 4 days a week. Turned into out of town 2 nights a week and 12-14 hour days. Any stops not completed just roll over into the next day until you can't catch up.
Pros
All the overtime you want
Cons
No breaks, no home life.
Solid company but earning capped.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 23, 2018
Pugs is a very strong and profitable company that I enjoy working for. In my time there, I got numerous promotions, and my earning actually have remained flat. That's just not acceptable and is the primary reason I am looking to see what other opportunities exist.
Pros
The owner is an awesome person who really does care about his people.
Cons
Compensation.