SRS Distribution Employee Reviews

horrible and stressful and lies
Warehouse Foreman (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 26, 2018
just horrible. They recruited me and i came aboard just for them to let me go three months later after promising the world. Horrible place to work and still owe me $$$$$
New company
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IANovember 7, 2018
Up and coming distribution company inthe US. Well known all over the country. Fun place to work. Would recommend anyone to work there. Take great care of employees
Worked with great people.
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 7, 2018
The people I worked with were great. The new management however was less than desirable. I would not recommend SRS as a place to work to any of my friends.
Colorado springs is not a good branch
Knuckle boom Operator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 4, 2018
In some states SRS distribution where good people to work for but in Colorado springs co the branch manager
Did not have people skills no leadership
Not worth the effort
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus ChristiAugust 28, 2018
You will be competing against TM’s from other markets as well as a 1099 guy at this branch. No leads, no marketing, all cold calling. I initially canceled this interview but was called back and met them at scuttlebutts. Should have listened to my instincts wasted 90 days on this company. It won’t matter how good you are to customers hit their numbers or be gone. You aren’t set up to win in this market a year after the storm, chopped up territory, don’t sell metal roofing, very little commercial and a local guy who has been in the market for 20 years will go after customers you’re working on building a relationship with.
Pros
No micro management
Cons
You’ll find more people who already have accounts than not.
Co-workers have respect for one another.
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 14, 2018
Awesome working environment. Great camaraderie in accounting department. Managers are good leaders and knowledgeable of their jobs. My job is challenging and is never boring.
Great employees hate to leave
CDL/Hoisting Driver (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAAugust 8, 2018
Unfortunately there isn’t any room to grow i this company. I never know the hours I will be working and it makes it difficult to spend time with my wife and son. I have an hour commute each way.
Pros
Great place to work, excellent management
Cons
Long hours, no set schedule
Great People
Roof Top Loader (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 5, 2018
The branch I worked at had an amazing management/sales staff. They are knowledgeable about the material we handled. I am glad to work for the people I worked for.
Stay away!
Regional Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 17, 2018
I would highly recommend that anyone stay away from this company!
They let other internal sale reps steal jobs/and or accounts from reps that actually work. The management in Wentzville, Missouri is terrible. The manager is unethical. He will do anything he can for a sale. The Vice President is a good man. They manipulate numbers and accounts. Very very unethical
Pros
pay
Cons
unethical manager in wentzville
Poor management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAMarch 29, 2018
Good pay and good people overall, but the branch manager was an extreme micro-manager and played head games. Said safety was job one, but would cut corners to get the job done for that special customer. Encouraged the drivers to call with issues, but then wouldn’t follow their recommendations/ suggestions even though they were on site and he was not. Very Unorganized and inefficient dispatching with changes occurring often after trucks were loaded, strapped, and rolling out in the morning. Forced to work during mandatory DOT breaks. If you value your CDL, you might look elsewhere.
Pros
Support staff
Dead End
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 21, 2018
No advancement opportunities. Terrible management. Middle of nowhere location. Poor pay for poor hours.Violates OSHA standards daily. No benefits. No PTO of any kind whether vacation or sick time.
Great Place to work and grow
Credit Analysis SRS, Credit Manager ABP (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAMarch 18, 2018
SRS is amazing company, highly recommend. Great people and leadership, and opportunity for employees to grow. Long term positions available and opportunity to cross disciple learn and expand knowledge.
Pros
Customers breath of product line
Cons
No Saturday hours
Great company
ABM (Current Employee) –  Country wideMarch 14, 2018
Great company with tons of room for advancement. Great culture.A good place to start a supply chain career. They expect a lot out of you but will give you a lot in return.
Horrible place run by horrible people
Driver (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutMarch 5, 2018
Management at the branch level is terrible. You are overworked and underpaid. Their slogan is "work hard and have fun". You work hard while management has all the fun. Do yourself a favor and walk, no RUN away from this company.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Paid weakly. Management. Management, Management.
A good place once you are a real employee
IT Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 19, 2018
SRS is a good place to work but its tough when you are just a contractor. If you don't get good benefits from your contracting company life gets real expensive.
don't won't take care of driver with pay .
driver (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 18, 2018
That management would you do a job today have no experience in doing themselves , none of them drove a truck so how do they expect To tell you where you can put attract
Pros
good co worker
Cons
every man for him self
SRS was a fun and also hard working enviorment to work in...
Rooftop loader/wearhouse (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HIFebruary 14, 2018
On a typical work day I'd start work at 5:00A.M and load the belt trucks. Throughout the day I'd pre prep the next days work and also do some will calls. The management n staffing are great everyone gets along with each other. The hardest part of the job would be roof topping. Because you're consantly carrying and walking back and forth on the roof. The most enjoyable part about the job was that I coming back the next work day and doing it all over again.
Pros
Hour Lunch, Benifits
Cons
Non
Fast Paced
Warehouse and Roofing Associate (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDFebruary 12, 2018
Working with them gave me a lot of experience but I got laid off because they don't have enough position to give me. I really liked working there. hours are great and the staffs are friendly.
Poor Management
Branch Administrator/ Inside sales (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 28, 2018
Was totally blindsided after 33 1/2 years with the same company they dissolved my position. Who does that? Still haven't received a reason as to why?
Benefits
Cons
Will stab you in the back
Fun fast very cut throat though
sales (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 24, 2018
Hard work, must be fast and be willing to give your life up...There is a lot to learn and work to do... Always new changes, new rules but it was fun and you can make some serious money.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no paid lunch