SRS Distribution Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great People
Roof Top Loader (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 5, 2018
The branch I worked at had an amazing management/sales staff. They are knowledgeable about the material we handled. I am glad to work for the people I worked for.
Stay away!
Regional Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 17, 2018
I would highly recommend that anyone stay away from this company!
They let other internal sale reps steal jobs/and or accounts from reps that actually work. The management in Wentzville, Missouri is terrible. The manager is unethical. He will do anything he can for a sale. The Vice President is a good man. They manipulate numbers and accounts. Very very unethical
Pros
pay
Cons
unethical manager in wentzville
Dead End
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 21, 2018
No advancement opportunities. Terrible management. Middle of nowhere location. Poor pay for poor hours.Violates OSHA standards daily. No benefits. No PTO of any kind whether vacation or sick time.
Great Place to work and grow
Credit Analysis SRS, Credit Manager ABP (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAMarch 18, 2018
SRS is amazing company, highly recommend. Great people and leadership, and opportunity for employees to grow. Long term positions available and opportunity to cross disciple learn and expand knowledge.
Pros
Customers breath of product line
Cons
No Saturday hours
Great company
ABM (Current Employee) –  Country wideMarch 14, 2018
Great company with tons of room for advancement. Great culture.A good place to start a supply chain career. They expect a lot out of you but will give you a lot in return.
Horrible place run by horrible people
Driver (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutMarch 5, 2018
Management at the branch level is terrible. You are overworked and underpaid. Their slogan is "work hard and have fun". You work hard while management has all the fun. Do yourself a favor and walk, no RUN away from this company.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Paid weakly. Management. Management, Management.
A good place once you are a real employee
IT Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 19, 2018
SRS is a good place to work but its tough when you are just a contractor. If you don't get good benefits from your contracting company life gets real expensive.
don't won't take care of driver with pay .
driver (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 18, 2018
That management would you do a job today have no experience in doing themselves , none of them drove a truck so how do they expect To tell you where you can put attract
Pros
good co worker
Cons
every man for him self
SRS was a fun and also hard working enviorment to work in...
Rooftop loader/wearhouse (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HIFebruary 14, 2018
On a typical work day I'd start work at 5:00A.M and load the belt trucks. Throughout the day I'd pre prep the next days work and also do some will calls. The management n staffing are great everyone gets along with each other. The hardest part of the job would be roof topping. Because you're consantly carrying and walking back and forth on the roof. The most enjoyable part about the job was that I coming back the next work day and doing it all over again.
Pros
Hour Lunch, Benifits
Cons
Non
Fast Paced
Warehouse and Roofing Associate (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDFebruary 12, 2018
Working with them gave me a lot of experience but I got laid off because they don't have enough position to give me. I really liked working there. hours are great and the staffs are friendly.
Poor Management
Branch Administrator/ Inside sales (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 28, 2018
Was totally blindsided after 33 1/2 years with the same company they dissolved my position. Who does that? Still haven't received a reason as to why?
Benefits
Cons
Will stab you in the back
Fun fast very cut throat though
sales (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 24, 2018
Hard work, must be fast and be willing to give your life up...There is a lot to learn and work to do... Always new changes, new rules but it was fun and you can make some serious money.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no paid lunch
Slogan: Make Money,Have Fun, Give Back
OPERATIONS MANAGER/SAFETY COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDJanuary 22, 2018
They hold true to the company slogan, But overwork good people. I was in a Manager training program and they use and abuse your time because you are salaried. Other positions are well paid and have good opportunity for overtime during the summer.
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 18, 2018
Good place to work, good benefits, new trucks , easy customer orders to pull, easy drops to make for deliveries, the schedule is very convenient for employees.
company
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, PA 15342December 18, 2017
this is a pretty decent company to work for. Most days were pretty solid as we tried to grow the market. Had a good story to tell when trying to gain new customers.
nice
Territory manager (Current Employee) –  Ft. Smith, AROctober 17, 2017
very laid back, yet professional. Lots of mid level managers to help out with any problems that you may encounter. There is always some sort of training to better prepare you for your job. Big on safety
Pros
the people
Cons
seasonal
The only good thing about this place was my co-workers.
IT Digital Strategy Project Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 17, 2017
The only good thing about this place was my co-workers. They expected WAY too much from people walking through the door. I am a self starter and focus the quality of my work. However, they assigned unreasonable deadlines and didn't accept feedback well in relation to projects. Quality wasn't what they focused on.
poor management
Sales of roofing materials and supplies (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 29, 2017
Hired to moved to new city, relocate entire life. 4 months into the job I was let go because the branch had no "cushion" for my learning curve. I was told I did not understand the industry and they believed I never would. I have 20 years in construction. Roofing is not rocket science.
Cons
5 price increases in 4 months, poor management, continuous turnover
Good Company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 12, 2017
Good company to work for
Very unorganized in this location
No management skills
No dispatch to control trips for drivers
good opportunities for new business
Pros
Opportunity for Overtime
Cons
Managment is not professional
fun place to work
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXFebruary 13, 2017
over all good company, but work business slows down at certain times of the year. i enjoyed my co workers, i enjoyed interacting with some of the contractors, i enjoyed having the weekends off to be with my family.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
the work slows down