SS&C Technologies Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
A place to grow
Fund Accountant Intern (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 15, 2018
The culture is great at SS&C. The company is growing so there are a lot of opportunities for internal growth. Sometimes the work pace can be irregular.
Pros
starting off 2 weeks paid vacation
Cons
work is not always consistent
financial environment
Senior Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 9, 2018
busy all day, fast paced. the position helped my excel skills. management very cool. culture was cutthroat. hardest part of the job was trying to feel comfortable.
Fast paced
Senior Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 7, 2018
Fast paced company with the opportunity to expand your horizons. unlike any other accounting positions in the area . Great learning experience and some travel is optional.
Toxic work environment
Vice President (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2018
Due to so many acquisitions, many groups compete with each other and there is no team attitude. The company offers no management training and senior managers are encouraged to "get things done" regardless of means. This leads to very negative and at times hostel working conditions. If you are unemployed, by all means take a role with SS&C to get paid, but keep looking as SS&C does not encourage advancement nor competitive pay. If you have a job, as the saying goes "nothing to see here, move along" and keep looking elsewhere.
Pros
Pretty good benefits
Cons
Not competitive salary, poor management, hostel environment, no advancement or training
Times have changed
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTDecember 18, 2017
Management has completely gone downhill over the years. There is little to no career advancement unless you are "in" with management. The culture is toxic from a management level.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Poor management, limited advancemet opprutnity
Don't do it.
Investor Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 13, 2017
Whatever you do, don't work at this terrible place. It's mind-numbing and I'm embarrassed to have even worked there. The worst management I've seen in all of my years.
Company lacks focus
Professional Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2017
The company lacks focus and structure. They reward complacency with promotions and upper management isn't hands on. I am amazed that the company is still operating with the lack of focus and structure that exists there.
Don't bother
Manager (Former Employee) –  NYDecember 7, 2017
If dealing with Clients is your thing then this is the place for you. Little support from management. No overtime compensation, even though you are expected to stay to satisfy Clients.
Great Company
Investment Accountant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTNovember 15, 2017
SS&C is a great company to work for. They treat you with respect. However, it is a stressful and face pace environment to work for. Great people working with you as well.
Productive and fun work place
Client Service Intern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 14, 2017
Great environment. The people were really nice. It was a work hard play hard kind of atmosphere. Would definitely recommend working there to a friend.
Review Summary
Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTOctober 5, 2017
Overall work life balance is great. The pay is not very reasonable considering it to be an "Accounting Job". Managers are not someone to learn from here.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Management is poor
Good for young professionals
Senior Investment Accountant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 12, 2017
great experience. bad management. possible to get good exposure but more likely to be lost on a small failing account. paid well below worth. depressing culture.
Pros
casual
Cons
hours, weekends, management, pay, recognition
Do not fall for it
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 30, 2017
Super long hours of unappreciated work. Never satisfying your manager (s). Hight turn over. Poor management that makes their employees feel miserable and unvalued at work.
Pros
None to share
Stay away
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJJune 13, 2017
Not worth wasting your time. They consider you replaceable and no matter how hard you work they will kick you to the curb for someone they can save money with. Upper management doesn't care for it's employees.
Not a pleasant palce to work
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2017
I read other peoples comments and I would agree with the negative ones.

There was no training and unrealistic expectations from management. Junior employees who worked for me where co-opted for sales duties and did not have time to complete their client assignments which I then had to do myself. Some of the firm's software was half-baked which required employees to make manual calculations which management never acknowledged. Once they rolled out software that did not work properly they had taken credit and moved on to the next product and did have any time to fix the issues.

Management was focused on special projects and not client deliverables.

If you are young it is a place you can get experience but if you have a long career, I think they hire to fill a temporary gap and when do not need you they push you out.

Also bear in mind that the hedge fund industry in shrinking due the high fees and underperformance. I not sure how the fund admiration business will grow. I think it will contract.
Pros
Most people from the GlobeOp side worked well together and helped each other
Cons
Some People from the SS&C side could not be trusted and would stab you in the back
High stress environment
Investor Relations Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTMay 8, 2017
SS&C is a high stress environment with very little consideration for employees. Most jobs are very underpaid that require you to work long hours with very little recognition for your contributions
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Difficult place to work
Investment Accountant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2017
No loyalty amongst employees. It can be a very cut throat environment where nepotism is displayed. I have found it very difficult to watch many of my co-workers come and go.
Management is always behind
PC System analyst (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTMarch 14, 2017
Very high turnover in several departments
this is obnoxious that the site is forcing me to fill this out
how does this contain inappropriate language
this has nothing to do with me finding a job
Everything is good except the compensation
Fund Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 6, 2017
People are really friendly here. I enjoy my co-workers and I do not ever mind to go into work, Ive had jobs before this one that I dreaded going into each day, but this one I never feel that negativity. Flexible with working around sudden things that come up if you have to come in late or leave the office for a little. Option to work from home when sick or bad weather so you dont have to take sick days is great. Compensation is not so great, , no bonuses, very little increment
Good company
Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMarch 1, 2017
Good company to work for and offers competitive salary and benefit package. Room for upward mobility within the organization.