SSC, Inc Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 25, 2018
I really enjoyed working for SSC and I hope to go back one day. The only thing that I would change was the hrs that I worked but I enjoyed my co workers.
Pros
Excellent people to work for
Cons
Hrs for me
Very Productive
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chappaqua, NYAugust 21, 2018
SSC is an company to permanently work at and would strongly recommend friends i know to apply with the company. Its an good company to work and staff.
Jaintor
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXJuly 25, 2018
Quick pace.
Little time for break
My goals is to work some where i can help
People. Introduce my self as some who is
Enthusiastic, I have 2 years in retail my
Manger would describe me as some who is
Quite and shy but always out there.

I took Spanish for 4 years cant speak it very
Well. But my strength is i understand as if it
Was english.

I have 4 years of learing. CNA work i learned
In Highschool. So i have experience working
With special needs and the elderly.

3 years of what i live around is food i also
Learned in Highschool i had a great teacher
Who taught me about food portion and health ways to eat what you love.

1 year experience of cashier

Since i was born i always had a pet by my side
I have a passion for animals. I was spolied by Ainmanls big,small special need.
My standards of clean surpassed my managers
Day Porter/Janitor (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 11, 2018
Was a very stressful job, had trouble working with people who were ok with (clean enough) I believed that co-workers needed to do better to insure kids had a CLEAN space to eat
Pros
Like working around kids
easy job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 19, 2018
the is fun you get to work with great co worker the supervisors are understanding and will work with you as long as you don't abuse its the pay could be better
Pros
45 mins lunch
Cons
low pay
Well-organized place to work
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTJanuary 1, 2018
The supervisors and employees are great to work with. If you go to work and do your job right, you'll have a easy time at this job. Some hours are aren't great but with time they can change your schedule.
Not a good company.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 19, 2017
Not a good security company, awful pay an no shift differential. The managers will not respond to you in your in need such as stuck in a double shift, they will ignore your calls/texts.

Same with the dispatch system they have, nobody they can find is available and they lie and tell you someone is coming when they are not.
Also for PTO time you have to contact the managers an they calculate YOUR PTO time off of memory and a calculator. no place online or pay stub to see my accumulated hours.. super sketchy company. i highly suggest people dont work for these idiots.
A solid near turn-key wireless firm with a family approach and open door policy.
Zoning and Permitting Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 13, 2017
The principals and management at SSC as only a reflection of the great employees that keep the wheels turning - design, engineering, site acquisition and regulatory services.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 20, 2016
I have worked with this firm for over six years and it has been a good experience. They are growing and that provides opportunities if you work hard and do your job well. I would definitely recommend working here if you are thinking about a job in security.
This company has showed me care and concern.
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  CTJune 17, 2016
I have worked at SSC for over 5 years. I started as a security guard while I was looking for another full time job. I received my first promotion within 6 months. I decided after that point I would stick with SSC. What a great decision! I just was promoted to field supervisor and given the opportunity to assist in training new security officers!
Pros
Employee recognition. Safety awards. Attendance awards.
Great company
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 17, 2016
I worked for SSC for 5 years and all my experiences with management, training and work environment were very positive. I left the company to become a police officer.
Pros
Company really cares about its employees and clients
Cons
when guards called-off late and I had to stay until a floater arrived
Great company
BDM (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 16, 2016
I have worked at SSC for several years and the team I work with is fantastic. They care about their employees and about their clients. There is room for promotion for employees who perform at their best. They train employees for the work they will be doing, coach them along the way, and provide regular training to keep everyone focused on client priorities.
Pros
Room for advancement, fair wages
Cons
the security industry overall doesn't pay high wages for front line workers
Worst Company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 10, 2016
This is the worst company I ever work with....the manager's and supervisor's are very racist if your ( BLACK ). I would not recommend any Black person to work there
not professional
security (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 11, 2016
I Was there for 6 months, they were cheap, they expect u to provide your own heat and AC by using your own vehicle. Do not apply unless you want to work for a BS company
Pros
Cons
they are cheap
its a job
NA (Current Employee) –  NY/NJDecember 9, 2014
Unorganized, people with no or very little experience are site supervisor, they dont provide security boths, they want you to use your car for heat and AC, you cant leave the site to get lunch. Not a company I recommend anyone to apply with. They truly dont care for thier employees.
Great Place to work
Security Officer/ Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJune 3, 2014
Great for college or prior service.I would recommend to friends and other job seekers.
workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 27, 2014
well i had to work all the time. i learned how to do security. and the hardest part of the work night was trying to stay up all night.
Pros
a lot of hours
Cons
double shifts
A typical security company with no frills and light on benefits.
Security Officer/Supervisor/Trainer/Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 12, 2013
The salary versus the responsibility leaves a lot to be desired especailly when you have "hit" their compensation ceiling. No other information needed about this company would be beneficial to their organization. Stay clear of them. I iwsh I could say I like working with this company.
I did like the job. Working with people. Helping/assisting the public, memebers and associates; even fellow employees. The client and the agency that we work for was less than enthused or accomodating towards our existence in working with and for both SSC and SAA.
Productive motivating job.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 16, 2012
Motivating job with room for advancement when available. Great clientell and management alike.
Pros
always assist you when needed
Cons
no benifits
They are ok
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 5, 2012
It pays the bills. Their not all that great of a company, the managment team sucks and their sites are ok. There isn't alot to say about this company, but if someone were to ask me which company would be better to work for SSC or Murphey I say Murphey in a heartbeat.
Pros
the workers are cool
Cons
managment team sucks!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SSC, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.