SSC Security

SSC Security Employee Reviews in Shelton, CT

Shelton, CT9 reviews

managementjobworkguarddaysitetimegood

nothing exceptional

Management lacks integrity and its not responsive to the officers needs.Poor Covid-19 precautions at the site.Anything you say to correct something is being taken as a complain.

Productive and fun workplace with the Clients

Productive and fun place to work and with the clients who give you the respect plus the Motivation to do the job I do make me reach my goals every day of the week.

Pros

Free lunch, etc.

Cons

Short Breaks, Healthcare, etc.

SSC Security insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

Poor management, hours were limited, and poor working conditions.

The management will blame you for anything that goes wrong, even when what goes wrong is out of your control. There is often very short notice for your overnight shifts.

Basically Just placing bodies and billing clients!

Zero Training; Poor to NO Communication; Terrible quality uniforms; Poor to minimal benefits; No regularly scheduled pay raises or annual reviews; Employees (guards/officers) can be taken advantage of unfairly.

Cons

See above

overall ok

overall ok..............................................there are various sites to be sent to but the communication is terrible and some sites are terrible with pay versus what is expected

Pros

variety of sites to work in the company

Cons

less than satisfactory communication. some sites do not pay well

security guard

A typical day at work for security it depends on what the site you in. Sometime the company will put u in a public or privite area .A public area for a work day can be ok dealing with alot people also being aware of anything that suspicious customer service is always needed patrolling area and personal protection.A privite area can be ok there still alot to do such as building and garage tour reporting proprty damage and reporting any emergency situation monitorig cameras answering phone but less people to deal with it.What I learn from security is monitoring cameras guarding institutional, industrial or commercial property against fire, theft, vandalism and illegal entry.Where to locate fire pump rooms boiler rooms electric rooms.how to deal with trespassing and demonstration.How to act and take constructive steps to solve or settle an issue. The hardest part of security is emergency situation.Most of the time security have to interviewing witnesses and write a report to the manger. calming people down when people get angry or upset. Also when people try to trespass break in property, stealing and breaking the property policy for security to actfast.The enjoyable about security is time go by quick when there nothing do to beside tours and monitoring cameras.

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

15 mins breaks or 10 mins it denpends on the site

Great job for first time Security Officers

Been working with the company for some time, this is my first security job and honestly I love it, there multiple different sites to be trained at. Some are better then others but most of the sites I don't have a problem with.

Pros

Most sites pay you for break

Cons

I work nights

very militant but easy going job

A typical day involved guarding a property to ensure the right people were going in and out of the property. I learned how to be pretty militant while working here. Management was not bad they were pretty easy to work with as well. I didn't really get a chance to work with any co-workers because id come in and take over as they would leave. The hardest part of this job was having to stay on the property during major storm and the most enjoyable part was getting to enjoy personal free time for 8 hours.

Pros

job was very simple to be good at

Cons

having to work during a major storm

floater position very busy

being a floater you have to learn various sites that you may never get to work at. If you get a perm, position you can stay there a long time if your do your job well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SSC Security. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits