SSC Services for education Employee Reviews

ssc
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Hardeeville, SCMay 14, 2019
Great place to work had fun working with others ,it is less stressful then you think the teachers are amazing with the kids at the school .I have not a single bad thing to say .
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
none for me
It’s okay I think it’s just my crew and the supervisor
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 10, 2019
They constantly make changes on plans and never really have any sympathy for us Whenever we are short handed . They put a lot of pressure on us whenever others are out as well as when their there .
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Short breaks, the people are very messy .
Nice productive workspace with very nice coworkers, nice students and university staff
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 29, 2019
Its. Ok but the managment need a huge overall..very disrecpectful to employees.

We had long days where no work was isssued out, our keys where always missing.

On the days where the student where moveing out there was no plans really issued so it was a total mess on top of our actual duties.
Pros
Nice enviorment
Cons
Poor management
It’s a job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXOctober 30, 2018
You’re a pawn in the company, management doesn’t do a lot, but they will let you slide on some things depending on what school you’re at and they pay Mexicans more than any other race.
Pros
Smoke breaks, friendly teachers, benefits
Cons
You get to do other people’s jobs, management discriminates, not equal opportunity, you pay an arm and leg for your benefits
Positive
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZAugust 6, 2018
My experience with SSC was positive.The employee's were kind and the staff at the school was as well. The hours were suitable and my boss was very easy to work with
The VP's will be the death of the company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Prairie View, TXApril 30, 2018
The most toxic work environment you could ever work at. The Reginal VP over construction projects is probably the worst person you could ever work for. As a unit, it's hard to function with multiple bosses. Horrible benefits and salary for the amount of work hence the high turn over rate. Sooner or later they will figure out that the common denominator is the management.
Work to head don't take no break
Custodial (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 7, 2017
I been with this company for almost a year and it a nice job to work at..they have different crew that u can work in when I stated I was in crew A that crew is a good crew to work in the supervision is very laid back..
not a place to work if you have family
HVAC/Refrigeration Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 28, 2016
i actually really enjoyed working for SSC.until right when my child was born i took only 4 workdays and even then they were calling me. to come back. i came back on a monday then on tuesday i had to call out my newborn had some medical issues and i called out tuesday morning and stated that i would let them know when i could return.a sick newborn is very serious and i wanted to maek sure my 1 week old daughter was ok i took off that tueday and wednesday and came back thursday. they worked me all day no1 said anything. then 30min prior to my shift ending i get called to the office told im fired and escorted off the property by armed security officers.due to the fact that i didnt call on wednseday too. it didnt really make sense to me i got fired because i had a sick daughter and took off only 6 days in total after having a child. i have never been writen up and s=they said it was policy that it wasnt on them. really sad im the sole breadwinner of my family and im currently unemployed with a 2week old child this com[pany is terrible i would never reccommend anyone to work for them
Pros
pay
Cons
terrible management company policys and hr policys
Ok but non carring
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Belmont, NCFebruary 19, 2016
OK place to work would not provide a heater for ATV which pulled the trailer to do work on campus at 18 degrees its cold outside all day. Was laid off after being told that would not happen
Pros
insurance