SSC Employee Reviews

Waste of time
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXJuly 11, 2018
Never felt I was being given the proper chances to advance or make a comfortable living.
Management didn't understand or chose not to comply with needs.
Cons
Short breaks, rushed, unreliable hours, lack of communication/understanding
very relaxed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 28, 2018
i had got a chance to interact with different kind of people the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet the customers and working with different people
Pros
good pay
Cons
shortbreaks
Worse company out there
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  1600 bathgate aveApril 23, 2018
Bad management, horrible coworkers.
Bad pay, favoritism, etc..
Worse company out there, please don’t waste your time.
Don’t waste your time.
They lie about pay rates.
The tell you it is room to grow, thecomapany is to small and bad managered
Pros
Cons
Pay, people, management, etcc
The CT branch is a joke.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMarch 2, 2018
I can only speak on the Shelton, CT office. Its a joke. They lie to employees about pay just so they agree to work a site. I was promised one rate, then after I'm already there is when I'm told I'm being paid a lower rate than promised.

Others (potential employees) have stated they were promised bells & whistles if they come on board, and were told the pay is "really good." After the fact, they regretted signing on, because nothing they were promised was even true.

Lack of communication - very stressful.

They pay you the lowest rate they can get away with. Its very insulting. Just look at job sites and compare security officer paying rates. They are very greedy.

The HR director (if the same one in 2010) is the worst. He will stab you in the back, if it means he can look good. Stay away from him. I never met a more condescending, lying snake than that "man."

They fight against your unemployment. They twist things around (try to atleast) to get out of paying into it.

I'm saying this as a very unhappy, former SSC employee of the Shelton, CT branch. To this date, 6 other guards have expressed to me, their harsh reality of an opinion on SSC, and will vouge with these statements - amongst their own. Stay away from this company, if it's the CT branch. Its backstabbing in that office, and you will be treated horribly. Don't fall for any of their empty promises. Its a very toxic place.
Pros
Cons
Lies, lack of communication, they talk down to you, the HR director, horrible pay.
poor place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJanuary 16, 2018
this is a very cut throat place to work, would recommend to anybody! you can do just about the cruelest things, get reported and nothing be done! Managment is horrible, so is corportate!
Doctor & CEO will ruin this company
Nurse (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 7, 2018
Do not work here. Everyone currently is looking for other jobs, which is why wanted ads are being posted. There are no words to describe the owner/doctor. Mean man who only cares about money.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Terrible management
Very little positive to say about ssc
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJJanuary 3, 2018
Ssc should pay holiday . Its not our fault that the employees the company ssc have a contract with where you work at is off. Benefits is not good either. Management is bad...No raises
Pros
Full time
Cons
Holiday pay is 0, you have wait a year to get a week vacation...MANAGEMENT is not goid
job at nyack college
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 20, 2017
its very quiet
easy job
no complaints whatsoever
but one thing i didnt like is that
you dont get paid on the holidays
but other then that a job is a job
Pros
slow paced, unstressful, easy going
Cons
dont get paid on holidays
Very clean work place nice employers
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAApril 21, 2017
I enjoyed working with this company. They really understandable and they really work with you. I didn't enjoy cleaning until I started with this company.
Professional
Security Lead (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTDecember 22, 2016
Always do your job and you'll be fine. Even though it's hard to get fired make sure you're always on your game. The communication center is where I have the problem for the most part.
Steady hours
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 8, 2016
Unorganized simple housekeeping job. It was very unorganized and very short staffed. Working with coworkers that know how to work and we're still fun were the best. It was great for overnights because not much people be there
Pros
Short breaks overnights
Cons
Unorganized management
Third Shift Management
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 31, 2016
My typical day at work is cleaning classrooms and public restrooms at the VCU compass from 10pm-6pm. The problem I have is that the head manager does not commicate well with employees, for instances if there is any thing that he needs to address me with he always send messages through my co worker, which I find to be unprofessional. I'm not use to that.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
They do not compensate the good workers like they said in orientation, each employee gets graded on on job performances weekly
Great Hours, Terrible Management
Delivery Driver/Card Handler (Current Employee) –  Canyon, TXAugust 17, 2016
The cool thing about the job is I get to make my own hours, but it's because of the department that I work for. The manager for my department is awesome, but the "Big Man" is AWFUL!!
Productive crew and a very fun crew to work with
Grounds Crew (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INMay 21, 2016
Clock in, have a crew meeting, go out to the barn, fuel up the equipment for the day, start at the first property then move on once all jobs are complete. Lunch around 12 after clocking out, 30 min lunch break, followed by next property.
Pros
Overtime is offered when needed
Cons
Temporary worker, no benefits
a productive and fun work place
Porter/grounds keeper (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXApril 25, 2016
I enjoyed the job enviroment very much, my employer was outstanding and runs a very productive workplace. I would very much like to work for them again ,they have a honest concern for the working man.
Pros
christmas bonuses, healthcare
Cons
nothing bad about working for them
ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJApril 16, 2016
ok it was ok could of been better the management was not necessary professional i wish that they were more kind hearted and well rounded
productive
costodian (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 10, 2016
a typical day at work would be monitoring restrooms and trash in offices, classrooms and restrooms. I learned different way of keeping up with job duties . i worked well with other employees. I cant seem to think of anything hard about my job. I enjoyed having my own building and accomplishing my work duties as best as i could.
Pros
breaks
Cons
health care
Love my job
Supervisor / Console Operator / Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Totowa, NJJuly 20, 2015
Although I have been working for SSC for such long time. I can say that I still love my job. I get to greet employees, visitors and contractors. I feel like part of their families
Pros
No Benefits
Cons
Good work enviroment
Hard, heavy, laborious work
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INMay 21, 2015
SSC Custodial work was hard, heavy work and very laborious in the Summer working without air conditioning. They do not pay hourly employees holiday pay. I would not work for them again.
I work at a leading Ivy League school
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia Pa,May 20, 2015
My day begins checking in with my staff, reviewing operational reports, and Approving payroll.

I've learned that customer satisfaction is our primary goal.

Management is the heartbeat of any business, effective management creates future business.

I work with a great group of people.

The hardest part of my Job, is ensuring my staff keep their eyes on the ball.

I enjoy knowing I gave my best, and the customer is pleased with our efforts.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
There are none, Work is work, your attitude determines your altitude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SSC. Our community is ready to answer.