SSF IMPORTED AUTO PARTS Employee Reviews

I miss working for SSF!
Accounts Receivable Lead (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAOctober 25, 2018
I worked here for 2.5 years in the Accounts Receivable department. I loved it, mainly because of the amazing people I worked with. They were family to me! Other than that, the work is stressful and a bit overloaded, but it takes the right person to be able to handle it and succeed. They seem hesitant about hiring within, which is a bummer. I did move up in my time, but only after them trying to hire someone from the outside (unsuccessfully) then finally giving me a shot, which was successful. I do really appreciate my time there, I was there when it was bought by the German parent company so that was a big change, and hopefully their culture has gotten better and more fun since then. if it is the same it was, then there really wasn't much interaction and culture. Nowadays, employers need to cater to more than just a job, it needs to be somewhere people are excited to go every day.

Overall, I appreciate my growth at SSF and will always miss my team. The people are great.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Not the most interesting industry, lack of company culture / wellness program / incentives, etc.
good place to work
Warehouse Lead/Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 2, 2018
mondays were usually the busiest days but everyday at SSF was fast paced.the staff and everybody always made you feel welcomed. The company itself you gotta be thankful for the benefits
relxed work environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 28, 2017
relaxed workday with friendly coworkers and a family like environment
employees are treated with respect and are left to do there job as long as it gets done
Pros
paid lunch hour
Cons
no room for advancement
exciting and helping each other
Order Puller, manifesting, packing, (Current Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 7, 2017
i enjoy working with my co workers,i had learned something .,,in afdition of my talent,it made me more better on my proffesion
i now doing almost everything,
Ok place to work just no oppertunity for advancement
Shipping and Receiving Lead (Former Employee) –  Norcross,GaOctober 23, 2017
I was a hard working dependable employee for this company. Next month would of been a year I would of been working for this company. I had good benifits and even some stock also.
Pros
Hours and the other employees
Cons
The management
Managers take advantage of their employees.
Order Puller/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GA 30071June 22, 2017
I feel like the warehouse manager there likes to take advantage of people. In fact many people leave simply because of him. You will be on standing all day.
Pros
Hour lunch.
Cons
You will be on your feet and walking all day.
Can be a good place
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 10, 2017
Easy job. The co workers are cool. The benefits were great, and the pay was ok. The good thing about the job was you can actually advance and raise your pay. The worst part was management. It's hard to work under people who talk about you to other coworkers behind your back. They treat you like your nothing and disposable. Couldn't bare to work with the management any longer. And don't get me started on corporate from California!!!
Pros
Great benefits and oppertunity to advance
Cons
Started in 1976, SSF has been the leader in Euro Auto Parts.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAMay 4, 2017
Enjoyed working there for many years. Lots of experience was obtained. Fast paced, fun and Professional group. Started as a family owned company, but has since been sold to a large European company. I learned the parts industry, specifically BMW and Mini, as well as MBZ. I learned how to manage accounts, having dealt with many International companies working with the eCommerce dept. Pace was either on the slow side, or 150%! No in between. The people I worked with had many years at SSF. They were the ideal team to learn from.
Pros
Had the opportunity to advance my career, along with being well compensated.
Cons
Long work days, Very rarely did I not eat my lunch at my desk, on the clock.
Not bad if you like to travel.
Field Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAApril 30, 2017
Good place to work if you've been there for many years. However there are not many opportunities for advancement until someone retires. Must be know auto parts.
Pros
Good Pay, Benefits
Cons
Management hard to work with
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAApril 15, 2017
productive and fun workplace.
all employees treat each other very well.
some on the management is not so good, they don't know how to recognize there employees.

Want to know more about SSF IMPORTED AUTO PARTS?

Ask a question
Productive and fun place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 29, 2016
I do delivery auto parts in Bay Area.I learn to work in fast pace environment and be on time to clients.My co workers are very helpful .The hardest part of the job is traffic and I have to find ways to reach the clients in time which is very challenging.
Pros
sometime free lunch
Cons
short breaks