SSI Technologies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Not enough time for life
Tapper Monitor (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WISeptember 4, 2018
Pay isnt that great, you are supposed to get annual raises but they cancel them. They work with you if youre wver late to make up hours, but you also work every other weekend or every saturday.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, management
Poor Communication From Management, No Leniency With Sick Days
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJuly 17, 2018
Management generally does not communicate well with staff, or one another. Routinely we were given parts that didn't go with the products we were supposed to be assembling, and only found out after constructing several hundred parts that they had given us the wrong components.
I also saw several instances of workers who were injured on the job being encouraged to not go to the hospital for it, and knew at least one person who got fired shortly after they got cancer.
Pros
decent pay (for the area), easy to get hired
Cons
short breaks, bad communication, hostile management
Great on the surface
Certified Operator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJune 26, 2018
It's easy to look at SSI and think it's a marvelous company to work for but the truth is they wear you down and crush you, then throw you out like nothing. They've no compassion for the simple working man, and I truly believe that they would let everyone go without even blinking. The people there are phenomenal people. but the company itself overall isn't a great place to work. The benefits there are ridiculously good, and the paid time off is great, but the management, with the exception of a few, is overpaid, undertrained, and a bit bumbling. While i did make a lot of friends there, I got fired because I was trying to climb up through the company and make a name for myself, not to mention make a bit more money, and my Supervisor didn't like me doing that. Overall my score for SSI is a 2 and a half out of 10.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
everything else
Fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIMay 26, 2018
It’s a great place for someone starting out to get work experience. My co-workers were the best always nice jokes around an just tried to make the day go by faster. They say they are all about safety an they are to a certain extent.
Pros
Co-works were the best part
Cons
Low pay, short breaks, high cost insurance
a decent place to work
Surface Mount Tech (SMT) Certified Operator (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIMay 18, 2018
Have worked there over a year. Pretty good, except for advancement opportunities. Sometimes there isn't enough work and people get sent home early, which causes a strain on the finances. The pay could be better, and there needs to be more job related feedback. Good on the job training.
Pros
paid breaks and lunches
Cons
salary not real competitive and lack of advancement opportunities
Faced paced great place
Level B (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIMarch 8, 2018
You had to work quickly but it was fun. Great coworkers that made the job fun. Advancement is easy and recommended. Always had classes to move to the next level here and make more while doing new things.
Pros
Advancement Coworkers
A productive work place with a foosball table.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIFebruary 25, 2018
A typical work day included putting parts into a robot so the robot would put PZT's and potting in the parts then laser etch the part number on the cavity.
I learned how to keep up and move at a fast pace because we had to meet a certain rate each day.
The hardest part would have to be meeting rate because the machines would sometimes break so I had to learn to fix them but also learned how to over come stress because when they would break and it would be stressful trying to get them back up and running, to catch back up.
The most enjoyable would be that would be able to move around the assembly line doing a different job every two hours so you would have a different scenery and a different job to do.
Pros
Moving around, the breaks were paid, and it was a good environment.
Cons
the machines going down
okay.
Assembler/ line lead (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 3, 2018
was fun at first having 2pm 10pm then having to switch to 6pm to 6am really took the life out of me. liked the people i worked with always stayed working
Pros
popcorn friday
Cons
short breaks
great place
Line Leader (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIDecember 4, 2017
Short breaks, but overall a really nice place to work. Advancement opportunities and high expectations. Great benefits, work environment and workplace perks.
Trial By Fire Manufacturing
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 30, 2017
SSI Technologies has two divisions. Sintered and Controls. I worked on the sintered side and this review will be only of the Sintered division.

SSI Technology sintered division is a powdered metal company. Powdered metal is different kind of industry than most out there. It's dirty, no matter how hard they try to keep the floor clean. It's a fast paced, high volume and high mix environment.

Pros:
The management will teach you by trial by fire. I didn't appreciate everything my manager was trying to each me, however I still learned a lot. There's a lot of great engineering foundations for this company.

The employees generally care about what they're doing and do their best. I think they should be appreciated a little more than they are, however this leads to a high turnover rate.

The maintenance crew generally cares and has a great wealth of knowledge for what they work on.

The pay and benefits for this company is excellent.

Cons:
It's a dirty place to work based on what they do.

Fast paced and hard work. If you're going to slack off or don't like having yourself pushed to be better, then you're not going to succeed here.

Weekend work is a thing. Be prepared to drop plans to come in.
Pros
Management teaches their employees, and most appreciate what you're trying to do.
Cons
Dirty, high stress and weekend work.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 20, 2017
management is very poor. I have seen people that are the bosses *favorite* sit around and do nothing but gossip. If you are picking up their slack and get behind, you will get the blame. Very unprofessional and poor Management skills. My recommendation, you better know how to kiss the Managements.....or you won't make it very long. Otherwise if you can deal with knowing and not getting treated fairly great benefits.
Productive and a great place to workManagement
Custodial Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 12, 2017
Management and suppot team were outstanding in given training. Helped in every way to Custodial department because they did not have the knowlege to complete the job
Decent place to work
CNC Machinist/ Set-Up (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WISeptember 7, 2017
They dont really treat their employees that great. They work alot of overtime every week. If you show up and do your job your day goes by pretty quick.
ok place to work
Tapper Tech (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIMay 23, 2017
you get 3 weeks vacation and benefits are good. management needs to be more understanding. you will work every other weekend as well as holiday weekends so not much family time.
Pros
benefits and most of co workers
Cons
not much time off
Very stressful place.
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 20, 2017
The people are great! But, management is poor. They just don't care about the worker. Too wishy-washy. Mandatory weekends for the last 2 years. No life outside the company.
Pros
Nice people. Workers on the floor.
Cons
Not enough time for yourself. Very stressful.
Very good productive workplace
Card catcher/Solid seal operator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 4, 2017
The atmosphere gives you the energy of being productive. The amount of cooperation is very friendly to one to another. The way everybody treat each other is the conditions a team would have.
Benefits
Cons
Loud noises
Nice, friendly , helpful coworkers and supervisor
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 4, 2017
I actually enjoyed working at SSI, we had a ten minute meeting every morning with the supervisor. At the meetings we were told about productivity from the previous day. Some machines required a rate, at the meeting we were told if we made rate. On slow days we did house keeping, people were friendly and helpful. The hardest part for me is when new machines were brought in and no one really knew how to run them for a few days or a few weeks. Most enjoyable part working for SSI is when we were given longer breaks.
Pros
It was a fun workplace, the supervisor and coworkers where very helpful.
Cons
Short breaks
SSI Technologies
Press operator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIFebruary 4, 2017
When I worked at SSI Technologies I found that the job be a very interesting place to work. I was shown how to do many different things and I also shown other people what I new but I wasn't a trainer make the managements job a little simplier. As I learned to do different things and heard that their were positions open but they didnt hire inside the company they looked outside the company for someone to fill the postion. So there wasnt any advancement and it was hard for me to advance further in my job so that is why I decided to leave the job and go to a different one.
Pros
great working environment, learning new things
Cons
no advancement
A growing company
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 24, 2017
SSI Technologies Inc is a fast growing company, in the powder metal and sensors industries, trying to balance new expectations and old habits.
fun place to work
assembler (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 18, 2017
Its a good place to work, the people are very nice and overall the environment is welcoming. I loved working there. I met amazing people. Yes, people have their days at times but it happens. I do recommend SSI because the managers are there to listen and help you with anything that you may need.
Pros
steady and calm job
Cons
non