SSI Technologies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great company
Tapper tech (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 4, 2019
It's a great company everyone is nice bosses are helpful management is nice also and let you know what to do and what not to do if you get lost Follow the yellow line love this company
One of the worst companies I ever worked for
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 2, 2019
One of the worse places I’ve ever worked. If you get a promotion and you don’t want further your education they put you on a performance improvement plan. This wasn’t a requirement when you took the job. This also makes you Ineligible for rehire because there was a performance issue. What a joke
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Fake leaders and HR.
I really miss this place
Warehouse Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CASeptember 27, 2019
This was the best job I ever had and the first job i really liked. I wish everyday that I could go bac. I ran the neck out of my area. I didn't need any assistance but it was welcome when I had help. I was over six different machines. Collecting and boxing materials and stacking them on pallets. I used to be so mad when the work day was over. I always asked for overtime. I truly loved working there. I miss it so much.
Very Helpful to employees
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 9, 2019
My recruiter always had time for me and was helpful . They really care about their employees and give them guidance. I had never heard of them before they contacted me now I would strongly recommend them
Bad Business
Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMay 20, 2019
This place does not know how to manage their finances. They will let people go because they overspend and now need to make room for their inability to manage a budget.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this place.
Productive and strict work environment
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 23, 2019
Productive with quality and quantity on daily basis. Hard work fast environment. Long days. Alot of overtime required. Nice people to work with. Good pay and benefits.
Pros
Paid breaks, good benefits, bonus and gifts for holidays, paid holdiays off on certain shifts.
Cons
Short breaks, long days, very little time off.
Great opportunity
Ergonomic Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 17, 2019
Coming here as a student was a great experience and I learned a lot with workplace safety. The safety coordinator I worked with did a great job explaining how to use ergonomic evaluation tools.
great
controls (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 3, 2019
it had great pay and good benefits a lot of ways to move up in the company great managers and supervisors it was a overall great place to work with great hours
Productive and fun workplace wit people and computers
computer support, technician and communication (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIMarch 2, 2019
Started with a meeting of all the team.
Learned working with all the customers.
Management was just like family.
Hardest part of the job was none.
Most enjoyable was going to work.
easy work
Operator/monitor (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 30, 2019
its a good job steady fast pase bosses are good people the co workers not so much but its a goodplace to work if you want to work 8 hrs a day 6 days a week
fun workplace
Line worker (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 1, 2019
the culture of this place was very well
management was always there when i need them
i learned how solder how to measure a typical work day always greeting people everyone was easy to get along with
Solid company that treats it's employees fairly
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WISeptember 26, 2018
Solid company that treats it's employees fairly.
Worked 21+ years for the company.
Solid management team.
Profitable and have a competitive package of benefits for their employees.
Not enough time for life
Tapper Monitor (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WISeptember 4, 2018
Pay isnt that great, you are supposed to get annual raises but they cancel them. They work with you if youre wver late to make up hours, but you also work every other weekend or every saturday.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, management
Poor communication
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 8, 2018
SSI Tech had good employees but poor communication skills from HR. The work place all around wasnt horrible but theres a lot that needs to be worked on/with.
Pros
pay before the cut
Cons
Little to no communication, cut pay and switched shifts with little notice, Management
Poor Communication From Management, No Leniency With Sick Days
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJuly 17, 2018
Management generally does not communicate well with staff, or one another. Routinely we were given parts that didn't go with the products we were supposed to be assembling, and only found out after constructing several hundred parts that they had given us the wrong components.
I also saw several instances of workers who were injured on the job being encouraged to not go to the hospital for it, and knew at least one person who got fired shortly after they got cancer.
Pros
decent pay (for the area), easy to get hired
Cons
short breaks, bad communication, hostile management
Great on the surface
Certified Operator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJune 26, 2018
It's easy to look at SSI and think it's a marvelous company to work for but the truth is they wear you down and crush you, then throw you out like nothing. They've no compassion for the simple working man, and I truly believe that they would let everyone go without even blinking. The people there are phenomenal people. but the company itself overall isn't a great place to work. The benefits there are ridiculously good, and the paid time off is great, but the management, with the exception of a few, is overpaid, undertrained, and a bit bumbling. While i did make a lot of friends there, I got fired because I was trying to climb up through the company and make a name for myself, not to mention make a bit more money, and my Supervisor didn't like me doing that. Overall my score for SSI is a 2 and a half out of 10.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
everything else
Fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIMay 26, 2018
It’s a great place for someone starting out to get work experience. My co-workers were the best always nice jokes around an just tried to make the day go by faster. They say they are all about safety an they are to a certain extent.
Pros
Co-works were the best part
Cons
Low pay, short breaks, high cost insurance
a decent place to work
Surface Mount Tech (SMT) Certified Operator (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIMay 18, 2018
Have worked there over a year. Pretty good, except for advancement opportunities. Sometimes there isn't enough work and people get sent home early, which causes a strain on the finances. The pay could be better, and there needs to be more job related feedback. Good on the job training.
Pros
paid breaks and lunches
Cons
salary not real competitive and lack of advancement opportunities
Faced paced great place
Level B (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIMarch 8, 2018
You had to work quickly but it was fun. Great coworkers that made the job fun. Advancement is easy and recommended. Always had classes to move to the next level here and make more while doing new things.
Pros
Advancement Coworkers
A productive work place with a foosball table.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIFebruary 25, 2018
A typical work day included putting parts into a robot so the robot would put PZT's and potting in the parts then laser etch the part number on the cavity.
I learned how to keep up and move at a fast pace because we had to meet a certain rate each day.
The hardest part would have to be meeting rate because the machines would sometimes break so I had to learn to fix them but also learned how to over come stress because when they would break and it would be stressful trying to get them back up and running, to catch back up.
The most enjoyable would be that would be able to move around the assembly line doing a different job every two hours so you would have a different scenery and a different job to do.
Pros
Moving around, the breaks were paid, and it was a good environment.
Cons
the machines going down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SSI Technologies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

SSI Technologies, Inc. Reviews by Location