SSI Employee Reviews

Review for ssi
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTNovember 15, 2018
It was pretty laid back. Many people they would brief you on the project and then they would let you go to work. If you had questions they would let you ask them.
self sufficant job no supervision required
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJune 23, 2018
boss and co-worker left no advancement opportunities boss and co-worker very one sided and opionated will not listen to you as a equal you not part of their inner circle not part of the family not part of their team
Pros
good pay
Cons
treat new hires as outsider not an equal
very productive and expanding company
Fiberglass Technician (Current Employee) –  Slaughter, LAJuly 17, 2018
my typical day on the job is measuring and cutting fiberglass.Sometimes it gets really hot outside but other than that great company to work for thee day goes by fast and its a mon-fri job
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
short breaks
It’s a good place to work
Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 16, 2018
But it depends on who you work for and what department you work for. And you have to drive to belrige around 40 miles a day you might be able to car pooling
Pros
They try to help you
Cons
Depends on who you work for
I learned alot
Welder (Former Employee) –  Slaughter, LAJuly 5, 2018
I absolutely love my boss but the job was 100 miles from my home . Ssi was very laid back and my supervisor was awwsome ,we had a great work and outside
Pros
great benefits, grear supervisor, laid back environment
Cons
too far from my job
Bad job
Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 10, 2018
Everyone there was depressed and didn’t care. It was a bad environment to work in. Everyone hated the place. They had managers that didn’t know what they were doing and corporate was really strict.
Great relaxed place to work
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 7, 2018
The supervisors at Ssi believed in u... I really learned a lot about safety working.there. my fellow co-workers were also good people to work with. Everybody was a team and cared about doing a good job . They was also a lot of OT.which was good but very tiring. The company dressed to us about always double checking orders... Loads... ...and to always double check our coWorkers too.
learned more on the job site
Trabajador de Asbestos (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 6, 2018
Great job, to bad it was Temporarily. Learned many things hands on at the job. working with asbestos is a very good experience.
Doing demolition and using different kinds of machinery.
Cleaning the area and wear our gear at all times for protection..
Pros
relaxed to work
Cons
short breaks
Cool and easy work
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 4, 2018
Great job had alot of days where i was #1 long enough to get a bonus smiles big fun job. Computer typing skills better and also a good communicator & Learned to be polite in a bad situation.
OKish
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2018
they are ok they dont help much with benefits but they did had some nice dinner party for chrismas and pay good too but i had too, and they have you doing something new every days i had fun but that was just me being me
Easy and simple job, easy to get comftorable in it.
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTOctober 10, 2017
A typical work day was simple. Log into the computer and then see the managers desk to clock in with them and see what project you are calling, then settle down in your seat and make your calls and try your best to make every call the best to call you've yet to make. Get as many completes a day as possible. Then when it's tine to go home, you log out of your computer, record how long you were calling and write how many completes you got, then go to the managers desk and clock out with them, then give them your CATI sheet, and go home. You set your own hours and you can decide if you want to stay later or not. Easy to communicate with and very understanding.
Pros
Set your own hours. Veey flexable
Cons
Sometimes the computers run slow.
Laid back , individualty
Survey Agent (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 24, 2017
You kind of just do your own thing with minimal supervision, adults are treated as adults and are rewarded for going above and beyond, tight k it work environment, everybody knows everybody
Pros
Pick your schedule, afternoon shifts, paid brraks and lunch if you take one
Cons
Conducting the actual surveys, some take as long as 30 minutes
It’s a ok place to work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIFebruary 1, 2018
It’s average place to work, management could have better communication with operators..short notice when there’s overtime .im not a fan of the classes u have to take to get a raise
relaxing and competetive environment
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVOctober 26, 2017
working at SSI gave me the experience to work with many people at once . managmnt wasn't always very helping but almostb always still understood some of our personal needs.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
cold and short bbreaks
Difficult, unorganized, and depressing
Phone Dialer (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 30, 2017
The job itself is not fun. Calling people and asking questions on behalf of other companies all day gets monotonous and boring. The environment is chaotic, managers often seem to be unorganized, the desks and computers are filthy, and they break down constantly. I developed serious anxiety problems during my time working there. People who answered the phone were often rude and didn't want to participate. They were flexible with my schedule and understood issues I had, but the job just made me sad.
Pros
the pay is nice
Cons
highly depressing
Fast pace
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTDecember 16, 2017
Very stressful environment. Management did their best to make sure staff was supported, but had at times unrealistic goals for what could be achieved.
Productive business and wide diversity of work minded individuals
Marketing Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  8645 South Eastern AveAugust 17, 2017
Productive business with wide diversity of work minded individuals. Always looking for improvement in furthering better quality work. Workers are all driven with incentives for bonuses if going above or beyond in their work.
Great place to start and develop your career!
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 24, 2017
Software specialists is an excellent and challenging place for career growth and to learn things in a professional manner. Good infrastructure, friendly colleagues and management. Best place for long term career development. Transparent work process, good incentive structure and loads of benefits. Rewards and Recognition will always be a part of your hard work. Environment with healthy competition and active events for fun & recreation.
Exciting work place!
Lead Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 24, 2017
When you are doing the same job for almost 7 years, you tend to loose interest in what you are doing, but working at SSI is something which is against to it, you get to learn something new everyday and you are always involved in the smallest part of the growth of the company. This is something which makes you excited coming to work daily. I review SSI as a place which acts as a ladder for you to enhance your skills. Its typically a different workplace, where you have great bunch of people working along with you and also a motivating management.
Cons
Working for SSI was fine. Working for CACI, not so much.
Technical Analyst 3 (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 13, 2017
I subcontracted for CACI and it was not the best company I've worked for. The management seemed quite dis-organized and always seemed to be putting out brush fires. There was almost no on-boarding training and very little project training for developers transitioning from one team to another.

I would not recommend this company for employment.
Pros
Nice building to work from.
Cons
Poor training. Bad communication.