SSM Health Employee Reviews

SSM was a great place to hone my leadership skills
Various Leadership Positions (Former Employee) –  OK, MO, ILJuly 16, 2018
SSM was a wonderful company to work for during much of my tenure there. SSM was always on the forefront of quality and healthcare trends.

As a senior leader, I was always able to recruit the talent I needed to meet the strategic goals of the organization. I was able to be innovative and move forward in the organization. SSM allowed me to use my leadership skills and business acumen to further there
Would Stay
Supervisor, Patient Business Services (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2018
Great place to work. Would not be leaving if I were not transferred to a different location that caused me to commute 120 miles per day. The pay and benefits are fantastic
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Location of my office
great place to work
Outpatient infusion RN / Home Care Infusions (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MOJuly 11, 2018
Love working with the people here, management seems to really be driven by company mission statement. My team leader is one of the best to work with. !
Amazing experiences
Graduate Externship (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJuly 9, 2018
I was placed at SSM DePaul Hospital for a graduate externship. I had so many great experiences that I will be able to take with me into my career. I loved working here.
Job enviornmet
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 7, 2018
SSM Health is a great organization to work for. I was given plenty of opportunity to grow and learn professionally as a nurse while caring for wide range of diverse patients.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
employee turnover
Hostile work environment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKJune 30, 2018
Will give you PTSD and your mental health is compromised. Low pay, horrible management. Too much drama. Hostile work environment. Will terminate people who are there for over 25 years.
Pros
Cons
Hostile work environment
Racist
St Joseph Hospital (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJune 28, 2018
Not a good place to work for blacks. Cut throat staff, racist management and no opportunity for advancement. Nurses are rude and some are uneducated and they only like you if you "do as they say." Bad place to work with the management staff they have now.
Really depends on your floor
Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKJune 26, 2018
Some nurses use you for the majority of the patient care,while they have 4 patients as their limit a tech may have up to 24. Doing the required shift tasks on top of nonstop patient care can be incredibly taxing and frustrating when the nurses for said patients aren’t helping. Like I said it depends on the staff youre working with but for the most part this became a problem. Several shifts consisted of nurses playing on their phones while telling me what their patients needed
Pros
You can pay deduct meals so you don’t need cash to buy from the cafeteria
Cons
Lazy nurses and being floated to other floors with out compensation as a float tech
SSM Good Place To Work
Technical Support (K-Force Contractor) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63112June 23, 2018
SSM is a pretty good place to work, I was a contractor so I really never got a chance to work with them and fit into company that much. My supervisor and management was cool with work for
Low Morale, Poor Management Style
PTA (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 22, 2018
Low Morale, no respect for family life, no organization for scheduling patients, territories are large and can drive more than 100 miles per day with Mgr askiing you to account for your time.
Pros
Established Company, decent benefits
Cons
Poor Management Style and Low Morale
COMMERCIAL CLAIMS PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  st louis, moJune 21, 2018
SSM is a great place to work- the only issue I had is that the compensation was lower than I needed, and is not typically based on performance over the past year. I enjoy the work place and the people.
Great Organization
Office Manager/Business Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
This is a great organization. It is also a great place to receive treatment as a patient. They follow joint commission guidelines so you know everything is clean.
Stressful environment
Clinic Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 20, 2018
Love helping patient. Nursing staff and management only care about certain doctors and their patient. Management only allow some people to go on restroom break when they needed to, other must wait.
Pros
na
Cons
na
nice company
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 17, 2018
I really enjoyed working at St. Mary's Hospital. It is fast paced but I like that. I learned a lot & had a lot of fun coworkers. I thought the benefits would have been a little cheaper for a hospital but they weren't too bad.
RN (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILJune 14, 2018
Very rewarding career as they live the mission providing the best patient care. Close to home care with big advancements in medical technology. Ssm employees are like one big family
fun place to work
Medical Assistant/Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 6, 2018
I enjoyed working at SSM urology department because the doctors were wonderful. Unfortunately it wasn't a very fair place to work and some people got away with doing nothing while others worked their butts off
Good company
Gastroenterology Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 6, 2018
Great work life balance with opportunities to advance. Good benefits and compensation. I feel valued and my opinion is taken into consideration. I highly recommend SSM Health/ Dean St. Mary's.
Great Place to work
Senior EHR Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 2, 2018
Management is top notch and always working to improve work life. Annual raises and plenty of room to advance. Very well balanced organization to work for.
Flexible hours
Patient Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 28, 2018
Offered flexible hours which is good for parents and students. Offered overtime at certain times of the year which is very helpful at Christmas time and for single mothers.
thoroughly enjoyed working for SSM
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOMay 28, 2018
SSM Medical Group-O'Fallon was a wonderful place to work, with dedicated doctors, practitioners, and staff. The attention to patient care was top notch and we were all continuing to strive for excellence in our professions.
Pros
people/patients
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SSM Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight