SSM Health Employee Reviews

tough to keep up the pace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 2, 2018
It was hard to keep up with some of the changes of procedures that we were supposed to follow, would change often. Management made it a stressful, pushing to do more and micro-management. .
Community Based Hospital
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 29, 2018
Ssm health does not in anyway discriminate any of its employees and they take excellent care if each employee under hospital supervision if needed. Adequate training updated are kept up to date and employees were always notified of needed or required re certifications.
I learned a great deal and grew as a person.
Medical Front Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKNovember 29, 2018
I learned a lot about dermatology and Epic. I definitely learned how to multitask and also learned a great deal about technology. I think that if I had more time and more help, I would have definitely been able to advance more.
Excellent Place to work!
Sr. Tier II Epic Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 26, 2018
I had the pleasure of a short term contract for there Go-live implementation. I learned so much and was able to do my job well with the training that was provided. All the staff was eager to help and encouraging. I loved it here.
why
Registration Schedule (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 23, 2018
I feel like its nobdy business I hate I have to tell you my liife before moving forward this is public why would I say anything I was this sight would
Gotten to big
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baraboo, WINovember 21, 2018
There could be a lot of changes. Expect a lot for less. There’s good and bad. Pay good, over worked, nice co workers, fair benefits, good doctors, I would give 5/10
Absolute fabulous because of direct managers rapport with staff
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 20, 2018
I definitely recommend this health care agency. Work relation with manager was awesome. Management supportive of staff, effectively guided and directed staff in accomplishment of his or her overall goals, and frequently kept staff informed of upcoming changes.
Pros
Superb management skills
Cons
Hard place to work - learn a lot
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MONovember 16, 2018
It is a hard place to work. Very fast paced. Low staff.
Great benefits. Great co-workers. Great teamwork. Pay is comparable to other health care systems.
Productive and fun workplace
Clinical Partner II (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MONovember 14, 2018
All of the nurses are very nice and helpful. I am a student nurse and none of the nurses had made me feel like "nurses eat their young." They allow you to make your own schedule and only require one weekend every 3/4 weeks.
Great job
Central Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MONovember 13, 2018
A typical day was calling patients for scheduling imaging test or receiving calls to schedule patients. I learned a lot about how hospitals schedule patients for MRIs, CTs, Ultrasounds, etc.
Basic Job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MONovember 13, 2018
I was not looking for a career in this field of work, but it has kept me out of trouble and I have got to meet a lot of really inspirational people. Not just the coworkers but the patients as well.
Pros
Helping the Sick
lunch breaks
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lake Saint Louis, MONovember 7, 2018
SSM was a nice place place to work. I was actively working with people with disabilities and worked with professional people inside the facility. Only quit because they changed working hours and I wanted to open my own business.
Pros
good work days
Collaborative environment
Data Warehouse Developer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 6, 2018
Staff work together to uphold mission of providing exceptional health care services
Good infrastructure teams worked well across departments
Nursing staff are dedicated to their patients
Productive and fun place to work. Great teamwork.
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MONovember 4, 2018
Lots of positive job opportunities. Different ways to advance. I've been with SSM for 12 years and I had some positive experience.Willing to network weekends and holidays. Volunteer overtime as well.
Pros
Open door policy
Cons
Very little autonomy
No comment
LPN-IV CERTIFIED (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 1, 2018
SSM was once a place that was mission driven to provide exceptional health care but has since lost its way and is now driven by the overall revenue it obtains and the productivity of the staff instead.
Very pleasent place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 1, 2018
Our department is going through alot of changes. Physically moving to west county. Changing from working for St. Louis University Hospital to working for. SSM HEALTH CORP.
Pros
Friendly good pay
Cons
Questional direct supervision
Lead tech Chemistry (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2018
I love my job working as a lead tech,I also like to work in core lab , being generalist, I also can work in hematology , coag,urinalysis & bloodbank in case of emergency,
SSM Corporate
Pre Registration (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOOctober 27, 2018
I absolutely loved the management staff! There was a lot of opportunities for career advancement. Everyone worked very well together.

When I started the Corporate Office was a new building, and with the management team everything flowed smoothly. All staff had separate departments, but as a whole the building worked together to get special projects completed.

I meet a lot of great people working at this office, and most I still have contact with!
Pros
Cons
Long training process
Productive and a great place to work.
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Saint LouisOctober 21, 2018
Great to work but looking to advance. Great coworkers, they are always willing to help when they can. Everyone is a small piece to the big puzzle and we work well together.
Great Unit
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, MOOctober 18, 2018
I worked within the medical ICU at SSM St. Mary's Medical Center. It was my first RN job and I enjoyed the job as well as my coworkers. They had a great orientation period that added a great deal of 'real world nursing' education.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SSM Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at SSM Health.

Powered by Comparably