SSM Health Employee Review

volunteer
Experience (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 27, 2014
I observed physical therapy and assisted with folding towels, cleaning mats, etc.

Other SSM Health Employee Reviews

Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Maryville, MOApril 20, 2018
What a great small city place to work! I work in OB and at night it is you and one other nurse; we are in charge of labor, post-partum, and neonates. So I very much enjoyed the variety. It is also very easy and common to orient to other departments.
Great place to learn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MOApril 15, 2018
SSM hands down had the best interview experience. I was offered a position within a week of applying. I entered an RN residency program and was trained in class/in hospital with great nurses for 4 months. SSM also offered me the highest compensation in the area as a graduate nurse. It is a great place to learn and start a professional career. During high census times or when a floor has had an exceptionally hard day the management brings around snacks for the healthcare staff. Seems like they use food to celebrate every occasion and I can't complain. The hardest part so far is night shift, but that's the position I was offered. SSM's hospitals are a bit older, especially the one I work at -- I feel like they could update their technology a bit more and have nicer work spaces for us. Other than that, I love working for SSM.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Outdated technology, 3 year contact for training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SSM Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight