SSM Rehabilitation Hospital Employee Reviews

All talk; All about the bottom line
Therapist (Former Employee) –  MissouriDecember 6, 2018
The rehab managers are really just schedulers and meeting takers. Regional and Senior leadership manage the Homeward Bound rehabs and are not fair, don't care and just concerned with the bottom line. 90% productivity is a colossal joke because it can't be achieved with laptops that don't work, Computer servers that don't work, nursing home staff that don't work and and no support. All the blame falls squarely on the shoulders of the therapist. Management only strokes those that work for free to get their 90% productivity numbers met. They clock out early and finish on their own time. Anyone that tells you different either doesn't work there or is lying. There may be a follow up note by someone in HR or perhaps management saying something akin to "oh, we take our staff concerns very seriously and we're sorry you didn't have a good experience. While staffing is always an issue we do our best to make sure our staff has all the resources they need and we never would condone working off the clock, blag, blah, blah." Don't believe it. The facilities are a mess as well. Two of them are in areas of town that you worry about your car being stolen. These also smell terrible and don't have enough equipment to do your job. Not even gait belts for crying out loud!
Pros
Dedicated therapists
Cons
Your a tool used by the "elite leadership"
i like the Hr team
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MONovember 25, 2018
it was a great place to work i would d recommend SSm Health Rehabilitation Hospital to other people that might be looking to work . the pay is ok it could be better
Pros
pto
Cons
no pto sharing
Great Manager
Admission Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 4, 2018
Great manager, great place to work. I was just looking for something full time with benefits. Overall a very nice place to work with one of the best bosses I've had.
lovely work place
Unit Secretary/ Staffing (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 19, 2017
Typical day at work...... on my feet 9 hours out of 12 hours,
ever day I learn how important team work can make your work day better, working in staffing......I concur a new computer task......
management...... very fair and helpful
ever peaceful company to work for
12 hours the hardest part of my job
my co-worker
Pros
teamwork
summary
PRN Supervisor/ Dietary Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2017
Overall this job has been a learning opportunity for me over the years. I appreciate everything i have learned here and will be able to use that no as i further my career.
Pros
Low patient count
Cons
Team work
Outstanding
Rehab Technician (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 17, 2017
Such a beautiful place to work. You can never go wrong working here. Wonderful days each day. Not a bad thing I can say. I love being here. The support system is amazing.
Miracles happen everyday
RN (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOFebruary 1, 2017
It is a privilege to be a part of patients’ lives during their time in recovery. They learn to walk and talk and care for themselves again during our watch. As a nurse, supporting patients in the rehabilitative process is very rewarding. The team I work with also makes this hospital great. I’m reminded every day how happy work-life can be when you choose a career that you love and are surrounded by co-workers who love it too.
Pros
Rewarding work, awesome co-workers, opportunities for advancement
Cons
hybrid charting...but changing to new system later this year.
Don't care
Rehabilitation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 23, 2017
It is a specialty hospital but is starting to be more of a LTAC facility.
New management is trying to get rid of old techs and hire on her own techs from her facility that was shut down.
They don't care how dependable their employees are. There's no employee appreciation.
The company cares more about the money than the patient or employee.
Pros
Nice looking building
Cons
Low pay, expensive insurance, low employee moral
All about the numbers, NOT patient care
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MONovember 30, 2016
Management is very unsupportive and not interested in building teams and programs. Very micromanaged in all aspects of job performance. No breaks or lunch. High performance demands and not focused on what is best for the patient. Benefits are decent but very little 401K contribution and prices of medical insurance increase every year. No opportunity for advancement and no opportunity for pay raises. Very corporate profit driven environment. Good co-workers most of whom are very motivated. Very high turnover among employees.
Pros
Decent benefits, co-workers
Cons
Micromanaged, no opportunity for raises, no breaks
Not sure why keep being listed as best place to work
PRN (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOAugust 24, 2016
Lack of functional and responsible management. Very close knit clique behavior in the last two years. The turnover rate is extremely high. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching a positive transformation in the patients.
positive workplace
SLP Graduate Clinician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 19, 2016
Positive workplace, great supervisor, enjoyed the fast-paced atmosphere and collaboration with other healthcare professionals and therapists to provide best therapy services for patients
Review
Graduate Extern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 16, 2015
A great place to work. Knowledgeable faculty and staff. A great experience as a graduate internship and learned so much from those working in several settings.
volunteer
Experience (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 27, 2014
I observed and assisted with various activities when allowed.
Rewarding
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOFebruary 21, 2013
Daily balancing of previous two days of work from all of the therapist; running daily reports and posting to the home office; filing patients information in their medical charts; taking phone calls; scheduling out patients for therapy; verifying patient information. The hardest part of my job is becoming attached to the patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the progress of the patients. It is so incredible to see a patient come in to therapy in a wheelchair and by the end of their treatment they are walking out. I've seen some amazing and inspiring things since being in this position.
Pros
sharing a desk with a very unhappy and dramatic person
Cons
daily commute is too long
interesting and excitinting
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOSeptember 18, 2012
fast paste
signs and symtoms of strokes
rehab techs
not being able to learn more
new admissions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SSM Rehabilitation Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

SSM Rehabilitation Hospital Reviews by Location