SSP America Employee Reviews

Practice what you preach
BUSINESS UNIT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85034December 14, 2018
All in all everyone that is a unit manager are great people. The problem lies with the ops team. There is little or no support for the managers. It was run like a dictatorship. If you disagree you won't last long.
not a very good work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 8, 2018
a typical day at work was busy. The management was unfair and always yelling .The workplace was clean ton of different backgrounds. The hardest part was nit enough hours.
Pros
work with great people
Cons
healthcare
Fast paced
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 2, 2018
It in the airport so it’s fast pace the management is at time all of the place pick and choice when they do work . Always under staff they great thing union is involved
Pros
Hours flexible schedule good benefits
Cons
Poor management and unorganized
Productive work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 30, 2018
Pretty fun place to work as long as you get the job done. Not much room for many mistakes but the job is almost fool proof. I recomend this job to people that are trying to broaden their horizons
Restaurant Work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 27, 2018
Fast paced airport work. They treat you like you don't know what you are doing sometimes when actually they don't have a clue what is really needed. It is frustrating.
Pros
Free Food
Most managers suck
Cook 1 (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2018
They just fired me so the wouldn't have to pay me back pay of $3300.They wrote me up for 2 things,so they wouldn't have to pay me, which i hadn't been written up for before.Neither of which were a immediate fire offences.One was leaving early which I was told i could do by manager.Training where i worked was extremely poor,hourly worker's usually know more than managers.I intend on getting that money as well.
Don’t recommend it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2018
I personally didn’t like this company because I was pregnant and had to like things way more then my weight limit and my managers were never around. I really did not appreciate that.
Busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 7, 2018
Make sure your cash drawer accurate make sure was stock make sure you greated guest with a smile on your face. Management was really immature they need actual adult managers than adult children managers.
Very nice people to work with.
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 7, 2018
Very professional. They will let you learn your role and will be flexible with your professional growth. I have been working for a.month and learned a.lot about being a barista at the airport.
Well run
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 5, 2018
Very well run organization. Sever great concepts withing the San Diego Airport. Drawbacks, management although very good, very hard to find. Clean and fun.
Pros
well run
Cons
hard to find management
I enjoyed my job
Barista/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2018
Was a great place to work had really good bosses very diverse place to work for.i learned alot in my time there. Worked with me being a single parent.
Pros
Was appreviated for our hard work.
Cons
Hard to get to when no transportation.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCOctober 22, 2018
I was great at what I did this company fired me after working years for this company it was like a slap in the face. I was always short of staff everyday but still manage to do my job regardless of that. They would put you in situations to make the job stressful everyday
Pros
Free card nothing big
Cons
Will over work you, they don't care
Terrible company
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYOctober 15, 2018
This company is terrible. The management is solely based on favoritism & the employees are even worst. Don’t get on anyone’s bad side or you’ll be a walking target.
Pros
50% percent off meals
Cons
For the ones looking to grind for time.
Bar Back, Cashier and Host (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2018
Day starts 5:30Am-6AM thru 3pm-11pm for server/cashier. On your feet 24/7 all day, always opportunities to claim shifts or other colleagues call out and leave open shifts available to claim.
Armando
Assistant Facility Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYSeptember 28, 2018
I was one of the best team maintenance.

To all ppl talking about SSp. ( Ssp give me second home and also i grow up in this company. Ssp show me A lot respects and also how to be family member for the team.

I love ssp and always ssp be in my heart. (Make bad decisions never blame your company ) blame urself.

SSP always love you💖💖💖💖
Pros
ArmandO
Cons
NeVer have issues. The problem was me
Poor Management
former employee (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 22, 2018
General manager needs to learn on how to socialize with her own employees and know atleast how to smile and greet not when she feels like it. She have to fair with all the races. Other managers should do their job equally and not just sitting around and do whatever they want and ask employees to do their job or buy them food or whatsoever that is not part of the employees job description. Managers starts all talking about their employees to the other employees and act like they are innocent. It is more complaint than resolving the issues. They pick their favorites, they have to learn on how to be fair.
Pros
Co-workers are fun to work with.
Cons
Poor management and General Manager have a Race preferences.
Long hours with no breaks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2018
I worked as a cashier 10 or more hours a day with no breaks not even for the bathroom. If you were a cashier you could not go home until the person who is scheduled after you comes and takes your spot and sometimes they would not show up and I’d wait hours after not getting a break for someone to come. They were understaffed and at times I would have to cashier at multiple locations because people call out so much. Managers were no help at all the team would just have to fend for themselves. Managers had a lot of favoritism and would start drama and talk about other employees behind their backs. The only plus side of working here was the tips and the amazing people I worked with.
Pros
Great tips and amazing coworkers
Cons
Management, long shifts, no breaks
Amazing Place To Work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 18, 2018
Ssp america is the best company you can ever work for. Nice environment , great management , great work space and the pay is great. Highly recommended !
It’s okay.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2018
To be honest if you need to make money just to pay Your bills and stuff this is the job for you. Nothing else much to say about it. It’s a job and it pays your bills.
Pros
You get to eat food half price off and paid time off.
Cons
A lot of call outs and you barely get breaks.
Productive and fun place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 12, 2018
Ssp was a good company overall I
Yes I would go back to work fo r them again. They have great customer service skills and is very helpful in the food industry
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Clocking out for break systems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SSP America. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight