St Alexius Medical Center Employee Reviews

Loved our department until they got rid of it.
TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDFebruary 26, 2018
I enjoyed working for St. Alexius until they started not telling us the truth about what was happening with the merger with CHI. A lot of us in the department left before our department was done away with.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Dirty business dealings, not truthful.
It can be stressful.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 28, 2018
It can be very stressful. Most of the time always short staffed. Very nice nurses though. They will try and help as much as they can. Always busy though.
good place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILDecember 19, 2017
good starting place to work, have to be careful who you talk to, lots of high school type drama. Love the nurses and doctors that i worked with, place feels like one giant family.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short breaks, long hours, bully coworkers
Hard to work with medical records supervisor
Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDSeptember 10, 2017
It was a good job, but the supervisor was very demanding, in my opinion she was too immature to be a supervisor. Very critical to fellow employees. Not very personable not very approachable.
Corporate Employer
Retail Supervisor/Starbucks Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILSeptember 2, 2017
Long hours for those employees who are dedicated to their role. Management for Food Service is in the process of re-evaluation; lackluster at best. Workplace morale in F&N is biased and unbalanced. Employees with integrity and good work ethic may find it difficult to work alongside employees who are just there to receive a paycheck and allowed to poorly perform their job tasks.
Job cuts have hurt
Programmer Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMay 27, 2017
Used to be a great place to work, Job cuts have put stress on existing support staff. Hopefully things will turn around in the future. Only time will tell.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Job cuts
Great hospital
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMay 13, 2017
Challenging work environment with lots of room for advancement for anyone interested in advancing their skills. Fast paced hospital with trauma 1 emergency room
First Hospital Job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILApril 28, 2017
As hospital systems go, this one is sub par in my opinion. Advocate Good Shepard has a much better environment to work in.
The hours were long and the shifts were brutal. I loved caring for the sickest of patients though.
Beautiful Hospital with Meditation Room
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDApril 19, 2017
Drawing patient in the morning through out the hospital. After morning draws are done, I would come down and draw out patients until it was my turn to have breakfast/lunch
I Learned how to draw Neonatal and Pediatrics from one of the best trainers ever.
Our management team was great, I felt like I could talk to them regarding issues, if I was not able to solve the situation between the two of us.
The hardest part of the job was feeling comfortable with drawing Neonatal and Pediatrrics by my self.
Pros
Employee discounts through out the city
Cons
Short staffed, busy, long hours
meeting new people
Central Scheduling, Data Entry Specialist, Patient (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMarch 4, 2017
Gave me change to see new people and more companion for all and different type of people. receiving all as Christ I know understand and beleive.

Want to know more about St Alexius Medical Center?

Ask a question
Floor nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILFebruary 25, 2017
Very routine with different patients. Receive report, assess patients, review labs, new tests and plan for the day. Patients receive their medication and daily assessment first thing in the morning. Day is planned with patient and nursing tech.
Pros
three shifts per week.
Cons
long hours, high acuity patients and high patient load.
Hospital 12hr shift productive day
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJuly 2, 2013
Typical day at St Alexius Medical Center would be staring at seven am. Get report from night shift PCTs. Taking an assigned group of patient to take care of. Taking vital signs and assisting patient's needs. Documenting vital signs, in/out put of patients, collecting specimens, following nurse's directions, and being a unit secretary. Doing hourly rounding on patients and answering call lights. Taking lunch break and two fifteen min breaks. Give report to night shift aids when exchanging shifts.
Friendly staff
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILDecember 6, 2012
Manage all calls to the appropriate destination. Satisfying callers to patient rooms, providing telephone numbers to Doctors on staff.
Respond to National Hospital Codes by alerting the emergency team via pager in a timely manner.
Provide compassionate care to everyone I come in contact with.
Experience working in Alexicare.
Work
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJune 4, 2012
A very busy job and meeting new people each day and learning new things each day
Pros
lunch discount
Cons
management
St Alexius Medical Center
Charge Nurse/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILApril 17, 2012
Typical day overseeing the daily functions of same day surgery.
Learned new procedures.
Management always there to help.
Co-workers always helping each other.
Hardest part of job was having to move.
Most enjoyable everything ran smoothly.
Pros
management always there to help.
Cons
husband got transfered and had to move.