St Charles Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram

St Charles Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Employee Reviews

This dealership is so behind in times. So unorganized. If you like getting yelled at this is the job for you. The system is behind or maybe the controller.
Cons
Unorganized
Don't work for this place, all the managers lie, cheat, and steal. The GM that was there when I worked there got caught taking from the dealership and owner and is no longer working there.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Terrible staff.
The managers at St. Charles Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram treat every porter there like absolute subhuman trash unless of course, you're a female. There is absolutely no room for advancement as a porter and the managers will most likely cut your hours/fire you out of nowhere. Oh, what's that, its freezing cold outside and raining? If you don't lock every car door in the lot you'll get written up! The management is so out of touch with what a porter has to do but will not hesitate to yell as soon as something doesn't go exactly how they wanted it to. Most of the salesmen there are brain dead and don't even know how to jump a car and will lie to customers and say anything to get a sale. Not only should you not apply here but I recommend never visiting this establishment in your life!
I have never met a manager such as the one there now, he was always mean to everyone, treated everyone like they weren’t even human sometimes. He never cared if we got out on time. The only good thing about him is he knows what has to be done to get stuff done but he has lost his humanity in the process
Pros
Hour lunch, pay is nice, coworkers
Cons
Manager was awful, salesman were aggravating
I leaned a lot why I worked there, I learned different way to handle many different situations, such as customers, detailing and working with co workers with different ideas
Pros
Fun and fast paced
Cons
Not enough hours and too many in my position
I would not recommend working here as a porter. They tell you that there is room for advancement and that is not true at all, just ask the guys who have been working there along time. They are so desperate to get new porters they will say anything to get someone in the door. The amount of porters they go through should have been the first red flag. They hire guys and most do not make it past the first week. There are to many cocky managers who treat porters like they are slaves literally. Sales has no respect towards porters and will belittle and degrade you. Anything they need done they expect porters to do it all no matter the request. The way they talk to and treat porters is very disrespectful. The amount of work vs pay is not worth the job. I was started at $10 a hour and told after 60 days would be moved up to $12 but after 60 days no raise. I feel bad for the guys who work there because working at St. Charles Chrysler Dodge Jeep made me hate my job as a porter. They expect perfection but pay cheap and lack common respect towards people. Seriously
Pros
Cons
Managers/Pay
I applied here thinking I was going to be able to grow within the company but I was very wrong. There is zero room for advancement. Turnover rate for porters is very high and usually quit within a week as soon as they realize what they got themselves into. Everyone and I mean absolutely everyone will treat you very unfairly and make you do things that they don’t want to do themselves. My first week there I was warned by other porters that I would have to learn to stand up for myself in front of the sales department otherwise they will talk to you with no respect. Everyone will look at you like you’re at the bottom of the totem pole and will make you feel horrible about working there. Management doesnt care at all about your concerns and will in turn make you feel like you just wasted your time. They will have you outside for long hours on very cold days. They expect you to come in early sometimes at 5am and will not give you the option to do so or not. Equipment is always missing (never replaced) and/or constantly breaking, but they expect you to do your job just as effectively. Just please save your time and do not work here.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, degrading
Everyone at St. Charles CDJ was very easy to work with and nice. They were always in good upbeat moods. The manager were always willing to go the extra mile in order to help out whenever need be, and they trained their employees very well.