St Lukes Hospital Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 7, 2018
I LOVE working at St Lukes. It's like a big family, everyone helps eachother out. We are there for eachother at work and outside of work. It is a wonderful working environment!
Cota
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 31, 2018
My first job a s anew grad. My co workers were great, management not so much. My immediate manager was inexperienced and honestly at times unfair. Overall good place to work.
Great
High quality customer service (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDFebruary 26, 2018
Overall a great environment to work in. Would recommend it to anyone! Took a while to break in to the hospital since I was new to the area. Pleasant community.
Middle management make their own rules and claim network initiative.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 27, 2018
Ancillary staff are nearly all gone . Nurses transport patients. No breaks or lunch time. Expected to smile and hide how busy you are from patients and families
Pros
Clean
Cons
No time to take mandatory breaks
fast paced stressful environment
Head Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Columbus North CarolinaJanuary 26, 2018
managed 3 nursing stations , 2 employees under my supervision, greeted all visitors coming to unit, entered orders into medical record, answered phone, assembled medical chart, made appointment upon discharge, interview potential employees,
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low pay for job performed and duties
overall enjoyed this place of work, would not have left if unit did not close, received severance package
NICU Level III RN (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 24, 2018
12 hour night shift, good NICU team, organized and well run, great management and incentives, everyone helped each other and worked well together, unfortunately womens service department closed
Dont know
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  ChesterfildJanuary 18, 2018
Nice place to work only not paid good for me . And not eazy to transfer for different position. Nice workers . And they have realy good doctors. Good benefits.
Pros
30% discount for food
Stressful
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 15, 2017
Stressful but learned a lot . Too stressful to be good learning ground for new grad despite new grad program.
Great location and knowledgeable well seasoned staff but did not like working in PCSU or working night shift
Pros
quality of life
Cons
stressful
Working at st lukes
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portage Lakes, OHDecember 6, 2017
Working at st Luke's was great I loved it and would go back if I could it was my first job as an aide and I loved it then only reason I stoped is because you can only be a cna for four months before ur state tested and we didn't schedule my test on time.
fast paced but then slow times.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 19, 2017
I worked in the late afternoon into the evening after my regular job. I also worked Sat and Sun.
I needed the extra income due to my husband had a work injury.

I loved meeting the patients as they came in for procedures.

Some of the insurance forms were confusing and getting it coded correctly.

Most of the other staff members were very friendly and helpful.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
weekend hours away from family
st lukes
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 19, 2017
working at st luke can be stressful at times we deal with mentality l ill patients that are court order and violent .like any job we also with with difficult employees.i feel like their is a lot of favoritism towards some employees that aren't held accountable. hours are great.
Pros
flexible work scheduled
Cons
salary
Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 13, 2017
Its a great starting job for any upper medical carreer. It's a fast pace envirnment, you're required to work right at you get here, you processes samples and are expected to draw blood on patients of all ages. I love my job, but the pay isn't that great, you start at 12.60 an hour, I've been here 5 years and I only make 14.60 an hour.
Pros
great knowledgable skills, medical terminology, and hospital experience
Cons
okay pay, managers are not very mangaerial, lots of women=gossip, and little to no recognistion as an employee
I would go back to work at St. Lukes
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNOctober 6, 2017
E very day was a new experience for learning new technology. the staff was eager to teach.The management always gave you opportunity to learn more about new procedures.
Pros
good working environment.Daily learning experience
Cons
Parking for employees often an issue if you were on trauma call
Changed to CHI
PCA/CNA (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Always looking forward to learn new skills and gain experience. It was a wonderful place to work for and met some loving and caring nurses that took very good care of their patients.
St Lukes Entry level
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNSeptember 19, 2017
I started as an operator at St Lukes and I have worked my way up. Management is very hit or miss as with any company. However the admin is very employee focused and strives to keep the employee morale as high as possible. You feel like you are wanted here.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IASeptember 17, 2017
Enjoyed working there but the pay was minimal and hours were not full-time back then. Other than this it was a good job. I am sure they have improved greatly over the years. I would definitely take another position there. The people are kind and courteous.
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 23, 2017
Work hard for our patients care. Our leaders are GREAT. Our Nurses are AWESOME. Caring is our number one priority for our patients. TEAM WORK!! Together we can make a different.
Pros
Productive we get GEM Cards as a reward thanking us for our hard work.
Cons
Short Lunches
wonder ful
data processing operator (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MAJuly 27, 2017
st lukes hospital of Middleboro closed its doors to emergency procedures and became a long term care facility. this was one of the best jobs in my lifetime
Pros
close to home at the time
Cons
working nights
Satisfactory
RN Floor Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 24, 2017
The working conditions were satisfactory. I am now looking for new experiences. This would be the the reason that I originally went into the field of nursing.
Great Place to Work
Dietary Aide June-Aug (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 12, 2017
I worked at St. Lukes for over a year. Everyone there was nice and very helpfull. The atmosphere at St.Lukes is overall great and I learned so much. I learned CPR and took several safety classes. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the paitents.