St Petersburg General Hospital - St Petersburg

St Petersburg General Hospital - St Petersburg Employee Reviews

RN at St. Peterburg Hospital
RN (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLNovember 4, 2017
Management does not manage. They listen and do nothing about issues. Staff controls management in my department that are not even nurses.. Management only worried about their bonus . Staff sent home on a daily basis while contract people are working. There was no orientation only 2 days of class and then put on floor like a traveler. Nurses are not respected by physicians!!!! Our department has no coverage for sick time or vacation days. On call is used for scheduled cases rather than emergents
Pros
Patient satsifaction
Cons
Less working hours than scheduled.
Don't take a Part time job there
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLSeptember 15, 2017
I was hired for 2days a week. Those 2 days were defined when I was hired, then changed to calling me every afternoon to see if I was going to work the next day or not, It was like I was on call for them everyday. Never could make plans for the next day. The team members were very "team" oriented though and enjoyed working with them.
Pros
fellow team members
Cons
scheduling
Radiology manager is a joke
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 3, 2017
The people I work directly with are a good group. New imaging management has come in and is the worst I have ever experienced. This is not just my opinion but the general consensus.
great
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 14, 2017
st pete general hospital overall is a very great place to work. theres always hours to get and so much overtime, seeing the patients happy with the care is amazing
A revolving door of employees and management.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 20, 2016
There are some truly wonderful and caring employees there. It takes a special person to thrive in that atmosphere.

Unfortunately, there is a major organizational culture problem starting at the C-Suite and into the Physician leadership of the organization. Senior Leadership is effectively invisible and out of touch with the day to day realities. Outdated equipment and technology is the status quo. Staffing is a major concern and Nurse to patient ratios of 11:1 have happened. A single PCT to a 56 bed unit? That happens too. In a one year span nearly 100% of the Leadership roles turned over, that should tell you something.

Physician engagement is horrifically low and Physicians intimidating or being abusive to staff happens all too often. As a result staff is reluctant to call Physicians with important updates and patients suffer for it.
Outstanding workplace
Hospital Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 4, 2015
Wonderful, challenging position as Hospital Case Manager, multiple daily interactions with patients, families, guests, vendors, Physicians made each day worthwhile. A great experience of 4 years.
Pros
Supportive management, dedicated co-workers
Cons
Organization mediclal facility dedicated to compassionate care
Patient Portal Concierge (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 11, 2015
Working for St Petersburg General Hospital was like working with family. Employees strive to exceed industry standards. I would definitely work there again as thr Patient Portal Concierge.
Pros
Per Diem Status
Cons
Position eliminated
fun place to work, staff works very hard.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg General HospitalJune 8, 2015
fun place to work. staff provides excellent patient care. long hours, short lunch. staff needs more recognition. good customer service, lab staff works very hard to provide the best care for all patients.
Pros
stability
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St Petersburg General Hospital - St Petersburg. Our community is ready to answer.

St Petersburg General Hospital - St Petersburg Reviews by Job Title