St Vincent de Paul Society Employee Reviews

Fun and fast paced work place
Donation Attendant/Processor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORAugust 19, 2018
It is a good place to work and i would recommend it to anyone who is looking for work. There are alot of advancement opportunities. they offer free life insurance.
Pros
fast paced good pay
Cons
bad management
donation attendant
Donation attendant (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORAugust 13, 2018
sort through boxes of donations to sell greet and assist customers with donations and giving them an tax receipt and coupons for store shopping. Most of the time it was a great place to work.
Pros
great pay and paid vacation
Cons
poor managment at times
great job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, WIAugust 8, 2018
a typical day for me would be checking over the electronic to see if they work. Then stocking and pricing them on the shelves. Assisting customer with any question they may have.
Great people...great mission
Processor (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 8, 2018
Super people work here...I had a terrific experience, particularly with my direct supervisor and several co-workers. The pay was minimum wage which was difficult and it was not enough to support me. If the pay were better, I would go out of my way to work for this organization again.
Wonderful People
Administrative Assistant, Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2018
The volunteers and employees if St. Vincent de Paul Chicago and especially the Pope Francis Center are wonderful people driven by a true calling of service to those living on the fringes of society.
In my 3 years working for the organization so far, it has gone through a lot of change.
My job as a case manager is to provide one on one attention for any individual who expresses a desire to make change in their lives or in any areas where I can provide assistance.
The hardest part of the job is finding affordable housing in Chicago as well as the emotional toll working with
Pros
Flexibility, Freedom to implement ideas, Hands on work with community
Cons
Low pay, little benefits, job security
Great Company to help you find employment
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 30, 2018
These guys got me a great job doing janitroial with the state, It was great convienient hours and it was something i really enjoyed. They really work hard to get you somewhere comfortable
Pros
great opprountity
Cons
it was temporary
great company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 30, 2018
One of the best companies to work for if you love helping people, the company is really involved in the community and helping others, there was not a day that went by that I didn't enjoy helping our community
Pros
everything
Cons
Washing dishes was best for me .I was my own supervisor.
Open Hand Kitchen (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 30, 2018
I was hired as a cook then i decided to become the dishwasher. It was too much drama with the other cooks necause everybody wanted to be the boss. Being the dishwasher , i was in the dish room by myself doing my job without any drama.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Drama work place
Fulfilling work but can be stressful at times
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 24, 2018
typical day as a social work intern involved conducting intakes for new clients, case management, individual and group therapy sessions, assisting clients with obtaining documentation and solving problems regarding basic needs, working with neighboring agencies to improve fluidity of services. Lack of communication with other agencies was a common source of stress, also lack of funding sometimes inhibited progress.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
high stress
Job performance
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 19, 2018
I did a number of different tasks, from drywall and painting to proofreading, cashiering and managing merchandise. It was a good job and I should have stuck it out but college was put ahead of everything and I resigned.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Walla Walla, WAJuly 18, 2018
Great enviroment, awesome co-workers. Customers were alot of fun regulars. all sales with into payroll and the food pantry, accepted alot of donations
I was simply there for volunteerism
Volunteer services (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 17, 2018
I was never working there only there for volunteerism I really enjoyed the time I was able to work there. Really kind staff and appreciative individuals
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Work was not evenly distributed
At Vincent de Paul society
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Ruskin, FLJuly 15, 2018
I love this work place . It is well ran and the manager there is such great help . I don’t mind this place one bit . I recommend any one to this society. The customers might get to you sometimes but over all it is a great place .
Pros
Lunch time paid for
Cons
All pros
Not what it should be
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2018
Management blames problems on employees.

No reward for productivity and no accountability.
Pay is low, even for a non-profit.

Confusion from the communication problems and inconsistency.

******Try using transparency and accountability at all levels of SVDP.

******Make it a positive, friendly place to work.
Pros
Nice people, important work
Cons
Communication problems, inconsistency, no accountability
production
Store Secretary, Manager's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 12, 2018
thrift store helped families. only upside to this position. worked with new faces and had a good time. no complaints, gained experience. glad was able to work here
great job enjoye it
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 11, 2018
The job was great had personal family issues I had to taking care of my mom at home worked around people duties included making bed
feeding patient enter acting with families making sure the residents are happy
Pros
good working condition
Cons
more help
Okay if you want to finish your community service
Hospice Store Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAJuly 10, 2018
Its a cool place not many people shop here so its a pretty chill place to work . Coworkers are also pretty cool to work with. I would recommend it to work here.
elaborating environment
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CA 93534July 10, 2018
Helped feed the homeless and hand out services to people in need. Assisted family programs with food or finance. Help provide efficient cleaning to the company.
Volnteer internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 2, 2018
My day would begin as I walk in to speak to staff, smile at customers, I learned how that a nonprofit is very detailed work, such incoming atricles needing to be accounted for as well, I learned to work with many persons with disabilities, the culture was very diverse. The hardest part of the job can be a language barrier, but the longer you're there you learn how to communicate efficiently.I found the most enjoyable part of the job was being needed in all areas, I found that actually as a compliment, it was an excellent experience seeing person faces smile when we loaded up new beds or helping a family find clothing.
Pros
Having the knowledge to learn how a non profit business work.
Cons
I worked as a intern you will work outside.Also you will be in the back, then they decide who worked in the main stores i had the opportunity to do so
A depressing place to work
Substance abuse Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 2, 2018
I was doing hours there to be certified to get my substance abuse counselor certification. so I could work in this field when I was done with the hours I did not want to work in the field.
Pros
learning envionment
Cons
dirty