St Vincent de Paul Society Employee Reviews

It is a nice place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 13, 2019
It was a nice environment I was a driver , so me and my helper were almost always on the road. But overall it was nice, sometimes a bit stressful trying to complete your daily assigned route.
Operativa y dinámica en lo elaborar .
Desde el 2010 soy empleada en esta compañía te ofrece todos los beneficios .
Nobody knows what's going on; fraud is rife
Staff (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 10, 2019
Manager act like little gods of their departments. Mine outright lies about reporting how many client interactions they've done and fudge their mileage reports to get more money. Rules for clients and staff are arbitrary and based on the boss's mood. There's no way to report any of these concerns because the dept head will forward any emails, even marked confidential, to the supervisor and they'll threaten to withhold raises or give a bad performance review. There's no accountability.

The supervisor can, and does, arbitrarily decide to kick clients out of the program if they don't like them or if clients don't do exactly what they're told. I started looking for another job the first month I worked there. It's soul-crushing.
Employment Specialist/Business Outreach (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 9, 2019
Rewarding, stressful, amusing, sad, fantastic co-workers. Great Program Director. I gained an immense amount of knowledge re Social Services. The culture is caring and compassionate. Most enjoyable part of the job was co-workers that truly worked as a team
Gonna miss everyone
Librarian (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDNovember 8, 2019
I enjoyed working at St Vincent de paul.... busy, busy, busy!!! The time flew by so quick . Everyone was professional took pride in what they were doing and friendly to one and other . I'm very grateful that I was given an opportunity to work there and with those fine people," all of them."
Volunteer position
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 7, 2019
I worked as a volunteer for 2 months and I gained a lot from the experience! Great place to work for and the discount was worth it. Definitely would recommend
Processor
Processor (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 7, 2019
Good place to work and fun co-workers who wee willing to help anytime. Responsible for providing excellent customer service; loaded merchandise to customer’s vehicles and assisted with any returned items, transferred priced items to sales floor for display, faced items on shelves; organized clothing on racks, adhered to all safety protocols established by company.
Hardest part of the job
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kent, WANovember 6, 2019
Hardest part of the job is the theft! Depends on location of course but theft was huge and took up most of your day. Hard to finish projects and what not.
Most enjoyable part of the job were the customers! You become so close with them and part of their lives. I had so many regulars that would come in just to be able to talk for a few and shop for their favorite treasures! Definately made the rest of your day AMAZING!!!
Manager great Asstent manager not
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 6, 2019
All the manager at st. Vincent de Paul was great, assistant manager on other hand was unbearable. She never left her office, yet she was always willing to criticize your work without Ever Getting any input on problems or other things that may have Arisen during the day to take you away from your work. It seemed all she could do was criticized your work and never had anything good to say or any helpful input.
Great Place to work
Cashier/Truck (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 30, 2019
I had an amazing Manager who worked with the employees, and set a great example. It was very motivating and a great sense of discipline and respect was shown between all staff. I enjoyed meeting new people and helping customers with any questions they may have had! I especially enjoyed having extra projects that management would trust me with as a sign of hard work. I would recommend working there for anyone looking for an opportunity to grow as an employee and to anyone looking to meet a great staff and customers!
N/a
Program Aide (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94102October 30, 2019
LOve working there very handy place nice and clean the staff are very nice and helpful and help you with resources and referrals and doctors appointment
This company is a good charity with which to work.
Receiving Agent (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 23, 2019
The rules of this company are very strict; that said, management was fair to me. There was little regard for long-time devotion to the company, however, in my opinion. This company performs good services, and deserves to be supported.
Pros
Autonomy; working with a non-profit charity
Cons
Very strict rules; hard working conditions
Society Of St Vincent De Paul
Truck Driver/ Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAOctober 17, 2019
Was proud to work there had close relationships with a lot of our regular customers and even got on a first name basis but still kept it as professional as possible
I gained a second family working for the Oconomowoc St. Vincent De Paul.
Clothing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIOctober 16, 2019
I left right before my 5 year start. Not by choice. One of the top dogs thought he was God and unfortunately I didn't think that at all. We butted heads a few time throughout the years. Nothing really serious. But in the end he didn't appreciate my ways and I didn't appreciate his.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
Lack of Management
Systematic
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 12, 2019
This job requires a case manager to have or develop a system of caseload management between conducting home visits twice a month with clients, regular compliance check with client's files, assisting other case managers on the team as needed, attending mandatory monthly case manager workshops with clinical director and adjusting to regular changes in documentation forms per auditing purposes.
Service oriented
Client Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 11, 2019
Social service organization. Very good at helping those who cannot help themselves. Most clients are low income and they go out their way to provide services to meet client's needs.
Pros
culturally diverse
Cons
management not very professional
St Vincent de Paul Jackson
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 9, 2019
This is not a place to Work if advancement is your goal. They like to throw around the word ministry and I use that term loosely. The board who oversees the operations have no idea what really goes on. Not a very nice place to work.
Pros
Customer interaction
Interesting
Client Liaison (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAOctober 7, 2019
I worked for rent and food. If you graduated from theirrecovert program and had a good relationship with staff you could get good services resources for housing and education
The mission is to help us help others! A community with open hands.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 1, 2019
Great place of resources for the surrounding community! Mission is to help them help others! St. Vincent de Paul mission is not to turn anyone away who needs help. Love it!
Pros
Fun events with the community
Cons
no advancement
Not a place for good people
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 1, 2019
For a place that has a supposed Christian ministry it is very lacking. The General Manager is extremely hostile and creates a horrible working environment.