St Vincent de Paul Society

St Vincent de Paul Society Employee Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Family oriented work place
The culture of the workplace is like a family. We are there to help the most vulnerable individuals on the streets try to regain a life back into society.
N/a
LOve working there very handy place nice and clean the staff are very nice and helpful and help you with resources and referrals and doctors appointment
homeless shelter
• Assisted with the general operation of the shelter and drop in center.

• Provided resource and referral information for clients.

•Oversaw all guest check-in and mail distribution.

•Made area checks as assigned inside and out the shelter.

•Monitored and controlled activities in the shelter thus ensuring the safety of residents and staff
productive
the hardest part about working here was working with my co workers. some were not knowledgeable, non approachable. high stress level. challenging people to work with.
Pros
free lunch, meet new people
Cons
shorts breaks
I enjoyed my clients
I worked as the Resident Services Manager for The Arlington Hotel in San Francisco. I had over 175 clients in the hotel. Some had Drug Abuse issues, HIV/AIDS and Mental Health issues. I went to jail to make visits, hospitals for visits and to court when needed. Attended meetings with the Department of Public Health and I met with Case Managers within our group. Went to Eviction Court to assist clients who were being evicted from their hotel rooms.
Pros
I enjoyed my clients
Cons
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great
Enjoyed working with the amazing people of St. Vincent de Paul.
good out look
Served customers in eating places that specialize in fast service and inexpensive carry-out foods.
• Accepted payment from customers, and make change as necessary.

• Requested and records customer orders, and compute bills using cash registers, multi-counting machines, or pencil and paper.

• Cleaned and organizes eating, service, and kitchen areas.

• Notified kitchen personnel of shortages, special orders or the changes needed for special diets.

• Selected food items from serving or storage areas and place them in dishes, on serving trays, or in takeout bags.

• Prepared a variety of foods according to customers' orders or supervisors' instructions, following approved procedures.

• Portioned and wrapped the food, or placed it directly on plates for service to patrons.

• Place food trays over food warmers for immediate service, or store them in refrigerated storage cabinets.

• Inform supervisors when supplies are getting low or equipment is not working properly.

• Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed, and provide cooks with needed items.

• Wash, peel and/or cut various foods to prepare for cooking or serving.

• Receive and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas.

• Stock cupboards and refrigerators, and tend salad bars and buffet meals.

• Prepare and serve a variety of beverages such as coffee, tea, and soft drinks.

• Make special dressings and sauces as condiments for sandwiches.

• Use manual and/or electric appliances to clean, peel, slice, and trim foods.

• Mix ingredients for green salads, molded
 - more...
A friendly enviorment thats helps the homeless in many ways
Getting prepped to serve about 250 meals at dinner time to guest that have a beb at the shelter. We use a lot of volunteers it helps to speed up the line to get everybody served in a short period of time
Pros
being of service
Cons
picky eaters
Ask a question about working or interviewing at St Vincent de Paul Society. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.4
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight