St Vincent de Paul Society

St Vincent de Paul Society Employee Reviews for Cashier

Job performance
I did a number of different tasks, from drywall and painting to proofreading, cashiering and managing merchandise. It was a good job and I should have stuck it out but college was put ahead of everything and I resigned.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
An okay work environment
There are people constantly bringing in donations along with the truck. While maintaining a tidy work area and making sure the customers are satisfied, it's just a lot of stressful work, all while competing with other employees for recognition. But there are some good things about working there like the employee discount and the manager makes sure the employees were taken care of.
Pros
Group lunches, fixed hours
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
Cashier
Great enviroment, awesome co-workers. Customers were alot of fun regulars. all sales with into payroll and the food pantry, accepted alot of donations
Interesting
Most of the people are amazing to work with, but the few that are not overwhelmed the sense of enjoyment creating an environment that sometimes cannot be tolerated.
Saint Vincent de Paul
Great work environment. Fun staff and employees. Can be face pace or slow pace depending on day and weather outside. Good bonus options for upper management I heard,
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Productive place to sit and make friends
Like my last job, working as a cashier at St. Vincent de Paul was too slow, even for a second hand store. My employer was racist towards the staff members throughout the store and was barely at work overall.
Pros
Mini fridge
Cons
The workplace
great
I did everything from cash, to answering phones, helping people stocking and organizing. the management is great and i got to help people. I learned alot.
Pros
I had a job
Cons
monday- friday
Wasnt a fun place to work
I didnt like working there the mangers were rude and fired a pregnant person. For no reason boss acts snotty towards people if someone sees that something needs to be done nobody does it and would make cashiers do their work and too much drama
Pros
Discounts on stuff in the store
Cons
Short breaks
Great people, fun environment. Never boring.
Love working here. I am a cashier/volunteer on a paid government program. Started as just a volunteer though. Love the people. Great attitudes (most people) A lot of the customers are regulars and you get to know them. The mission is an admirable one and love helping people. Management is excellent and friendly.
Pros
Good people, great mission. Great finds for cheap prices.
Cons
Little job security, unlikely to move up or gain employment, Most "workers" are volunteers doing community service or programs, Which is great, but not if you need permanent employment.
Worst place to work ever!
I worked here from 2005-2007, and it was the worst place I ever worked! Hopefully this has changed in the last 9 years since I left. They only cared about how fast you were at putting out new clothing, and they would time us. If you were not fast enough, they would give you a warning. Then if you didn't improve enough the next time they timed you, they fired you. I also had two different managers that yelled at me for doing something they didn't like and made me cry. They also did these same things to other workers. Another problem was that the some of the managers were related to the person in charge of everything, so the managers would not get in trouble for anything that they did that was not nice or not professional. One time a worker left on maternity leave and when she came back, they did not let her come back to the same store in Springfield where she lived. They said she could only go to a different store in Eugene. I would not recommend working here unless things have dramatically changed.
Cons
They didn't care about you as a person, only how much you could produce for the company, People who are related to upper management shouldn't be allowed to be managers.
Productive and fun place to work.
a typical day at work consist of putting personal belongings in your locker, clocking in, getting your til and taking it to your assigned register putting it in the register, closing the register and logging into the register and start ringing up customer's items. Make sure that you are on time to and from your breaks and that you sign out of the register, count your til and clock out on time when it is time for you to clock off.Working at a thrift store I learned that one persons trash is really another persons treasure. The hardest part of the job is standing in one spot for eight hour and only sitting on your breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the smile on peoples faces after helping them. The co-worker are great. They are happy fun people to be around and to work with.
Rude
Management and workers are very rude to other workers and workers gossip and try to get other workers fired for no reason.
Sucked
Bad management, back stabbing higher ups. Most likely will never advance. For a non profit organization they are very greedy.
Pros
Deals on stuff
Cons
Greedy liars
Summary Of Work
I learned a lot from working at Saint Vincent De Paul Society.I went from knowing nothing about running a cash register to being the expert I am today.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low wages
extremely fun
I enjoyed working for st vincent very much. I had a wonderful experience, the customers were very nice. I enjoyed waking up every morning to go to work.
I need a company that works with employees and cares that their well being is the first priority. I am sick of working for a company that uses passive aggressive management techniques. Life is horrible enough without having to watch my every movement at work.
Pros
I enjoy working with anyone but I cannot work with people that have no work ethic.
Cons
Having no management is not tolerable for me and I will not do it for very long.
A great place to work
I enjoyed working there very much. It was very satisfing to be able to help those in need. Most people were very gractious. The other employees were very nice and fun to be with.
Pros
interesting items
Cons
sometimes no time for a break
I love meeting and helping customers
I always feel good about myself at the end of the day. the hardest part would be top shelve cleaning.
my customers are the best part off my day my co workers are good people always happy to see me and i them.
Pros
wonderful management
Cons
my job is temporary
The best place I have ever worked.
A typical day at St. Vinnie's would have included ringing up customers, helping them find just what they needed, putting more merchandise out onto the sales floor and arranging furniture and clothing into displays. I also had the added benefit of counting out cash drawers, calculating the books, making bank deposits and opening and closing the store. The manager at the store I worked at was the best, she really cared about her employees and made sure we were doing our jobs without being condescending and she was also an advocate for her employees when she felt they deserved recognition for their hard work. She was also very good at dealing with stressful situations with ease. My co-workers were like family, they were the best bunch of people I have ever worked with. The pay was excellent and the benefits were amazing, my whole pregnancy was covered, including all Dr. visits and the birth itself. The scheduling was pretty consistent, there were two shifts that the cashiers worked, opening and closing, and our schedules changed every three months or so. Overall it was a fun and great place to work, I would work for them again in a heartbeat.
interesting
Working hard, organizing clothes and items on shelves, Enjoyable part of my job is helping people.
Pros
its a job opportunity
Cons
Not enough hours i am looking for.
Wonderful Work Place To Be Apart Of.
I was a cashier there working with customers was a amazing feeling for me. I learned how to run the cash register i how to be professional in a business type place. All my managers were very intelligent always teaching us something new. All us co-workers worked together wonderfully helped one another out all the time. I enjoyed my job so much i met so many amazing customers i cant say there was a hard part of my job is was pretty laid back but we always made sure we got the job done.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at St Vincent de Paul Society. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.4
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight