St Vincent de Paul Society Employee Review

View all St Vincent de Paul Society reviews

Nobody knows what's going on; fraud is rife
Staff (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 10, 2019
Manager act like little gods of their departments. Mine outright lies about reporting how many client interactions they've done and fudge their mileage reports to get more money. Rules for clients and staff are arbitrary and based on the boss's mood. There's no way to report any of these concerns because the dept head will forward any emails, even marked confidential, to the supervisor and they'll threaten to withhold raises or give a bad performance review. There's no accountability.

The supervisor can, and does, arbitrarily decide to kick clients out of the program if they don't like them or if clients don't do exactly what they're told. I started looking for another job the first month I worked there. It's soul-crushing.

Other St Vincent de Paul Society Employee Reviews

Family oriented work place
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 10, 2019
The culture of the workplace is like a family. We are there to help the most vulnerable individuals on the streets try to regain a life back into society.
I love helping the less fortunate
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 9, 2019
I have met many wonderful people while working to help the less fortunate. It is something I will continue to do even after I am hired at a full-time job. I enjoy helping people.