St Vincent de Paul Society Employee Reviews

Found 602 reviews matching the search See all 1,001 reviews
Systematic
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 12, 2019
This job requires a case manager to have or develop a system of caseload management between conducting home visits twice a month with clients, regular compliance check with client's files, assisting other case managers on the team as needed, attending mandatory monthly case manager workshops with clinical director and adjusting to regular changes in documentation forms per auditing purposes.
Service oriented
Client Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 11, 2019
Social service organization. Very good at helping those who cannot help themselves. Most clients are low income and they go out their way to provide services to meet client's needs.
Pros
culturally diverse
Cons
management not very professional
St Vincent de Paul Jackson
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 9, 2019
This is not a place to Work if advancement is your goal. They like to throw around the word ministry and I use that term loosely. The board who oversees the operations have no idea what really goes on. Not a very nice place to work.
Pros
Customer interaction
Interesting
Client Liaison (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAOctober 7, 2019
I worked for rent and food. If you graduated from theirrecovert program and had a good relationship with staff you could get good services resources for housing and education
The mission is to help us help others! A community with open hands.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 1, 2019
Great place of resources for the surrounding community! Mission is to help them help others! St. Vincent de Paul mission is not to turn anyone away who needs help. Love it!
Pros
Fun events with the community
Cons
no advancement
Not a place for good people
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 1, 2019
For a place that has a supposed Christian ministry it is very lacking. The General Manager is extremely hostile and creates a horrible working environment.
Good place to work. Advancement opportunities are earned and I like that.
Assistant manager at St. Vincent Depaul (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 26, 2019
I love St Vincent DePaul and working there has been a great experience. It's a good company that helps a lot of people with cash and voucher assistance. I feel good for helping people through St Vincent DePaul. I've been there for four years almost and I started from the bottom and worked my way up. So advancement is possible and hours are good too.
Pros
We help alot of people with assistance and vouchers.
Cons
Pay isn't enough it's hard to get a raise.
Because my background is Administrative/Clerical the Data Entry Position was a fit for me.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2019
I wasn't very comfortable with the work environment. I worked in a warehouse, which I think cause me to get the flu. My co-worker was not someone I would work with again either. She and I shared an office along with another person.. There were issues that I couldn't ignore.
Work on the mission
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, GASeptember 20, 2019
They need more work on the mission they speak of and not discriminate against those in need that we were there to provide for. Be more grateful for the donations they receive and appreciate the outside efforts of those who want to help and volunteer not judge them for any issues they may have. Be who we were placed there to be look with open minds.
Productive place to work.
Peer Mentor/ Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 19, 2019
Great place to work and grow in your set job field. Many of opportunities to learn and be trained and lots of connection in the community. Very diverse and many locations to work at.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
To much leadership
great
Customer Service / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2019
training was in depth and the customers were always friendly when answering there requests. hours and days were also on track well balanced work schedule.
Pros
schedule
Cons
commute
Too much micro managing, too much politics involved
Driver / Mover (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYSeptember 13, 2019
Managers have no clue how to run the store. Too much mistakes all around. They don’t appreciate a good worker. Too much politics. They don’t care for workers. One day they say something, And next day the exact opposite on the same topic.
Pros
Short days
Cons
Managers, system, too much politics
Humbling, caring mission to serve those in need.
Manager/Volunteer Coordinator • Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 10, 2019
Able to connect with the public and the needs of the community. Have helped many people who are struggling with paying their bills and many who needed transportation out of State. Lodged may families in an emergency crisis. Worked in collaboration with 26 St Vincent de Paul Conference. Placed volunteers in many ares of the store, warehouse, and call center.
Pros
X-mas bonus
Cons
no benefits
Enjoyed giving back
Acting as a street fundraiser (Former Employee) –  grafton streetSeptember 8, 2019
I took part in my school'd efforts to fund raise for Saint Vincent de Paul. I particularly enjoyed the unique opportunity SVP gave me to be able to give back to those in need.
Hard working the receiving dock in 100 degree heat. Management at the time was very unprofessional.
Loading and Recieving (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WISeptember 7, 2019
The management underwent change during my stay at St, Vincent de Paul - not for the better, I might add. The new management was accusatory and unnecessarily scrutinizing. Micro-managing, verbally degrading - basically poor management skills. I would recommend this company, as it was then, only to the more desperate job-seeker.
Considerate work team, Very fun, and Very challenging job that I loved
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, WISeptember 6, 2019
I loved pricing all the merchandise, memorizing most of the prices for the merchandise. Talking and communicating well with the other employees. At st. Vincent DePaul all the employees had different positions and jobs to do but at the same time we worked very hard as a team. I do not regret the challenges they gave me or anything for that matter. Overall it was a dream job, well sometimes. The staff treated me with respect and trust.
Pros
30 minute breaks, free coffee, and was treated fairly
Cons
Workers getting agitated
The most enjoyable place to work for
Thift store stocker (Former Employee) –  Hayden, IDSeptember 4, 2019
I had fun work here just had to quit cuz I had a baby boy then moved to Spokane Washington so I could make more money at a different job or better jobs want to try a different career
Great place to work at
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Carmichael, CAAugust 28, 2019
St Vincent de Paul is a fun environment a typical day at work be wait for the trucks so you can unload the food i learned how to stock shelf's and weigh food the most enjoyable is being around the people
Loved the job.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Alpena, MIAugust 26, 2019
Love the job. Being around so many different people and so many different faces was such a joy to me I love interacting with people and helping others. I want to make sure customers get the best care that they can get from a store associate I'm always on time just basically love working with different things in different areas and learning new things and something I really enjoy
Pros
Independency
Cons
Working as a temporary and not getting the benefits for a full-time worker
Non-profit Organization
Laborer/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 25, 2019
The assistant director has problems with communication between employees and volunteers. Nobody wants to work together and only thinking of themselves, including the assistant director.