St. Alexius Medical Center Employee Reviews

Do not apply here
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJuly 7, 2019
Dont go here. Management is not good. They dont value staff. Their management thinking is you are replaceable. Loyalty is nothing to them. Even if you work for them so many years. They can easily give up on you. They can take away your benefit even if you save for long long time
Pros
nothing positive
Cons
more negative
Great Place
EVS Floor Technician / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJune 11, 2019
It is a great place to work with wonderful people. They give back to the community and also give back greatly to their employees! Very great on work life balance.
Organization Lacks Agility and Effectiveness
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJanuary 28, 2019
This organization is needing to improve the organizational design and culture. Leadership is unable to influence decision-making which has resulted in slow organizational progress and decreased morale. Love the frontline staff and immediate management.
Wonderful Hospital
Patient Care Tech/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 20, 2019
Absolutely loved working for this hospital. Still one of my favorite places to work without a doubt. The hospital is still a great place to work and a great place for treatment.
Grateful
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 15, 2019
This institution hired me from my clinical that had essentially paved the way to other opportunities. Without the faith that was placed on me then, the course of my career may have taken a different turn. Great place to learn and a lot of opportunity for learning offeree
Radiology Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILDecember 3, 2018
Very fast paced job, however it makes time go by quickly! Coworkers and environment is very friendly! Management is very professional. Great place to interact with people all day.
Unsure what to say
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDNovember 29, 2018
unsure what to say, as it is a hot mess right now. hopefully the union will make some positive changes and get us back to feeling like a local family hospital, and not a corporation that treats people poorly.
poor working environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDNovember 21, 2018
feels like working in a place that does not promote individuality. hierarchy, poor marketing, poor management, lack of promotional opportunities, limited wellness programs.
enjoyable co-workers, providing quality care to our patients
Staff nurse in L&D (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILNovember 16, 2018
enjoyable co-workers, providing quality care to our patients; self-scheduling is a plus, and there is a fair system for working holidays. Our management team is still being constructed.
The nurse stations are set up in a circle providing less walking for nurse to attend to patients.
Registered Nurse, Telemetry 3 North (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILNovember 7, 2018
St. Alexius is a growing campus that offers much for the patient. They are still limited in some of the surgical areas such as cardiac bypass which they send to Alexian Bros. It is a beautiful campus. Doctors are usually in attached buildings and can make to emergencies in a timely manner. Overall, St. Alexius is a good place to work.
Pros
Discounted food, which is delicious! Also the circular design of the nurse stations is really good!
Cons
I hear from a few doctors that the nurse to patient ratio continues to grow.
Working Environment
TRAVELING DIAGNOSTIC RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDNovember 4, 2018
One of the best working environments I've worked in. Most of the staff was courteous. The cafeteria was outstanding. Due to weather conditions the hospital ensured the outside walking surfaces were cleaned.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Weather
Made good money. Could work as much as you would like by taking on call
Circulator, Scrub, Charge Nurse, BLS Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILOctober 20, 2018
I worked a lot of hours because I enjoyed my work and the staff.
We all worked together.

When I first started at the hospital the CEO would always give all employee nice gifts and lunches.
When the CEO would see you in the hall, he knew your name. And always would speak to you.
The CEO that was there about 2-3 years prior to my retirement did not say hi to you let alone know your name.
My hardest part of my job was Cerner Charting. It was not user friendly.
When we would get new equipment or supply their homes were never
reviled until you would be running around looking for them.It was a secret there they were located.
Pros
good Money
Cons
Cerner
Office Manager / Phlebotomist
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 16, 2018
I had the keys to my work site. I would arrive 45 minutes early to start my day, with out payment. I organised the work for several employees that were under my supervision. I would hear the voice messages and returned all call and documented in charts. I also drew blood for all patients. Also did EKG for patients as needed.

I did the billing for each and every day to bill the insurance companies. I submitted ICD-10 codes. Room patients. Administered injections to patients.

Doing my work very correct and able to assist in every position I assisted. I was always willing to leave front desk to assist my co workers.
Pros
A very positive work enviroment
Cons
I worked 4 hours then doctor went home 3 then have to return to finish every work day.
very nice place to work at. Coworkers were great
Heart & Lung Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, ND 58503October 9, 2018
Very nice place to work. Coworkers and supervisor were great. Patients had difficulty being able to see a physician in a timely manner. This could be stressful at times.
Horrible
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDOctober 4, 2018
Absolutely the worst management I have ever seen. Pitting one employee against another, constant HIPPA violations, hostile environment and extremely high employee turnover rate. Whatever you do, DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
There are none
Cons
Hostile, horrible management
Director (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDSeptember 17, 2018
St. Alexius had incredible leaders during my time there. They help guide you and teach out and looked for ways to promote you. St. Alexius has a lot of great things going for it.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
No cons.
Great place to start my nursing career
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILSeptember 12, 2018
One of the best places I’ve worked. Great team, good over time compensation, overall respectful doctors to nurses. Only downside was having to float quite a bit, especially in the summer.
Pros
Coworkers, team work, patient focused
Cons
Mandatory overtime, have to work every other weekend
Enjoyable and satisfying knowing that you were helping patients to get better and to return to normal life, and even improve their life.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILSeptember 10, 2018
As a Pharmacy Technician I would prep IV's, dispense medication, and assist the pharmacists in any way they needed help. I was able to be on several committees to help with training in CPR,and the annual employee recognition dinner. I participated in the annul 4th of July 3,4,and 5K run. I handed out water and directed traffic for the safety of the runners. The culture was very comfortable to work in because it was emphasized to have cooperation with other departments. Perhaps the hardest part was when we, for some reason were short staffed. Knowing that you were assisting patience to be able to have a better recovery and life.
No job security at all
Food & Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDAugust 31, 2018
Loved the company till CHI took over and started firing anybody for any reason. and now im just filling the space, CHI is horrible they do mot car about moral at all.
religious
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILAugust 7, 2018
fun place to work with everyone. I was a volunteer there so always treated well from them. you do not need to stress about work there and more on that hospital was really religious.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Alexius Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight