St. Alexius Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A very stressful and unappreciative company.
Security Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJuly 9, 2018
St. Alexius is a company that asks a lot of their employees, yet offers no leadership or commitment to excellence themselves. The company has gone through a lot of changes within the last 3 years, not caring about the employees in the process.
the job was fun
Food Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJune 14, 2018
fun work place with nice staff but very low paid rate I sometimes work on the grill which I really love but most often work as a room service cook and put in order I was awarded an employee of the month on two occasions my supervisor was very nice and friendly we had some good times together at work and share fun she really used to love me because of my work performance
Pros
we had a good working enviroment we a lot of fun
Cons
short break
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJune 10, 2018
Management works with you and supervisors are understanding.

Schedule isn't a Monday to Friday, but you should expect that working at a hospital.

Co-workers are helpful and informative, if you have any questions.
Pros
Co-Workers, Management, Pay
Cons
Stressful
Registered Nurse Cardiac Floor (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMay 28, 2018
This company is very good place to work. My typically workplace is very different. Most days my typical day is very fast paced but once in a while it can be easy going.
Pros
bad management, bad policies
yes you will have a work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMay 23, 2018
Yes you will have a job. Just do what is expected of you and hope the bosses will figure out stuff to work on the floor. Financial are getting so tight that many are dropped or floated to other floors.
Pros
You will have a work
Cons
policies change frequently
stressful, yet fun and caring
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMay 10, 2018
when I worked at SAMC, it was one of the best jobs I ever had. I was treated with respect from coworkers to doctors. I rarely had any problems working there. I eventually left to move out of state, otherwise I would still be there.
Pros
respectful, team attitude
Cons
stressful at times.
Poorly managed hospital
Behavioral Health Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMay 1, 2018
Administration and manager are extremely critical of nursing and support staff. Wages are some of the lowest in the nation. The facility has a reputation for discriminating against employees.
Pros
They are always hiring graduate nurses
Cons
Poorly managed, low wages, hostile work environment
Stressful with poor management
RN (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILApril 3, 2018
Management was awful. Not supportive of staff. Threatened staff inappropriately on occasion. Co-workers were mostly great. Some Surgeons excellent and others with horrible behavior tolerated by Management.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Great stepping stone for new nurses
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMarch 25, 2018
Great place to start your nursing career. Learn many basic nursing skills. Highly educated and talented nurses work here. Hardest part of the job occurs when you have a high patient load.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Pay including shift differential
satisfying work
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMarch 5, 2018
I am a nurse who loves being at the bedside. My patients are my priority and my coworkers feel the same. There is a team working on the L&D unit. They have my back and I have theirs.

Want to know more about St. Alexius Medical Center?

Ask a question
Medical records
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDFebruary 25, 2018
Was a good job with a fast paced job and we worked independently. I worked on patient records that I had received from the different floors while the others worked on their patient record.
Pros
Fast paced and great benefits
Cons
Having to leave due to having to go back to school
Great work experience
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILFebruary 5, 2018
Short staffed at times, but plenty of working hours if you want them, good benefits, great experience. Management for my department was excellent and fair. A lot of team work there, plenty of staff take great pride in the work they do there
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILFebruary 5, 2018
I worked for St. Alexius for over 20 years. They are an excellent health system. The hours I worked became difficult so i had to leave.
Everyone in the ER worked as a team. Charge nurses were great.
The acuity of patients became difficult at the end
Let go after 12 years with no advance warning
Pain Management Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 26, 2018
PLease see job responsibilities listed in resume. I was let go with no cause, after 12 years. It was like being divorced from my family. No cause given for termination.
Pros
Great staff, salary
Cons
Too many patients for one provider, very long days
Great work place staff was incredibly nice and hard-working
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJanuary 25, 2018
My time at Saint Alexius Hospital was a great experience and I learned a lot from a lot from the job. This job educated me on things I did not know it also gave me safety tips and guides I'm cleaning cross-contamination Biohazard it was a great experience all together
Commitment
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJanuary 12, 2018
Overall St Alexius is a great place to work. I think in my 20 years with St Alexius I felt appreciated and respected. I think for an entry level nurse St Alexius will give great experience.
Fast Paced Hospital Health Care Setting
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 10, 2018
If you like a very fast paced work environment, then this job is for you. Full-Time consists of 3 - 12 hour shifts on a good day. You will learn a lot if you are a first time RN Grad.
Pros
The staff (RN's and PCT's) are wonderful to work with. They make the long days manageable.
Cons
Long Hours, Holidays and every other weekend.
Fast paced and good learning environment
Emergency Department Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILDecember 18, 2017
The Emergency room sees a high flux of patients with acute and chronic illnesses. The job is excellent but demanding, both physically and emotionally.
Good
Phlebotomist-Non certified (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDNovember 27, 2017
I enjoyed working at St. Alexius. The staff was really great and I loved the environment. If I didn't have to move I would still being working at the hospital.
Numbers only no personal care
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILOctober 31, 2017
To work for st alexius is all about how much money you can make for them. It is no longer about taking care of the patients. Employees are cut at whim and seniority means nothing. Managers push to meet numbers meaning quotas so if you are not working at 100% then you send people home early so you uses up your pto to get your hours in for the pay period or you just take less pay. Not a good place to be able to make a living. Nothing good is ever told to anyone just what they did wrong! They also do not give equal pay to other facilities in the area. If you complain they say well leave you can be replaced!
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Salary, Hours, And management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Alexius Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight