St. Alexius Medical Center Employee Reviews

Director (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDSeptember 17, 2018
St. Alexius had incredible leaders during my time there. They help guide you and teach out and looked for ways to promote you. St. Alexius has a lot of great things going for it.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
No cons.
Great place to start my nursing career
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILSeptember 12, 2018
One of the best places I’ve worked. Great team, good over time compensation, overall respectful doctors to nurses. Only downside was having to float quite a bit, especially in the summer.
Pros
Coworkers, team work, patient focused
Cons
Mandatory overtime, have to work every other weekend
Enjoyable and satisfying knowing that you were helping patients to get better and to return to normal life, and even improve their life.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILSeptember 10, 2018
As a Pharmacy Technician I would prep IV's, dispense medication, and assist the pharmacists in any way they needed help. I was able to be on several committees to help with training in CPR,and the annual employee recognition dinner. I participated in the annul 4th of July 3,4,and 5K run. I handed out water and directed traffic for the safety of the runners. The culture was very comfortable to work in because it was emphasized to have cooperation with other departments. Perhaps the hardest part was when we, for some reason were short staffed. Knowing that you were assisting patience to be able to have a better recovery and life.
religious
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILAugust 7, 2018
fun place to work with everyone. I was a volunteer there so always treated well from them. you do not need to stress about work there and more on that hospital was really religious.
A very stressful and unappreciative company.
Security Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJuly 9, 2018
St. Alexius is a company that asks a lot of their employees, yet offers no leadership or commitment to excellence themselves. The company has gone through a lot of changes within the last 3 years, not caring about the employees in the process.
Enjoyed my time there
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  St. Alexius Medical CenterJune 17, 2018
Busy, great coworkers. Can be high stress but great help from coworkers. Management could be better but tolerable. Decent pay and felt like my contribution was appreciated.
Pros
Great coworkers and teamwork
Cons
Can be high stress/super busy.
the job was fun
Food Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJune 14, 2018
fun work place with nice staff but very low paid rate I sometimes work on the grill which I really love but most often work as a room service cook and put in order I was awarded an employee of the month on two occasions my supervisor was very nice and friendly we had some good times together at work and share fun she really used to love me because of my work performance
Pros
we had a good working enviroment we a lot of fun
Cons
short break
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJune 10, 2018
Management works with you and supervisors are understanding.

Schedule isn't a Monday to Friday, but you should expect that working at a hospital.

Co-workers are helpful and informative, if you have any questions.
Pros
Co-Workers, Management, Pay
Cons
Stressful
Registered Nurse Cardiac Floor (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMay 28, 2018
This company is very good place to work. My typically workplace is very different. Most days my typical day is very fast paced but once in a while it can be easy going.
Pros
bad management, bad policies
yes you will have a work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMay 23, 2018
Yes you will have a job. Just do what is expected of you and hope the bosses will figure out stuff to work on the floor. Financial are getting so tight that many are dropped or floated to other floors.
Pros
You will have a work
Cons
policies change frequently
stressful, yet fun and caring
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMay 10, 2018
when I worked at SAMC, it was one of the best jobs I ever had. I was treated with respect from coworkers to doctors. I rarely had any problems working there. I eventually left to move out of state, otherwise I would still be there.
Pros
respectful, team attitude
Cons
stressful at times.
Poorly managed hospital
Behavioral Health Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMay 1, 2018
Administration and manager are extremely critical of nursing and support staff. Wages are some of the lowest in the nation. The facility has a reputation for discriminating against employees.
Pros
They are always hiring graduate nurses
Cons
Poorly managed, low wages, hostile work environment
Stressful with poor management
RN (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILApril 3, 2018
Management was awful. Not supportive of staff. Threatened staff inappropriately on occasion. Co-workers were mostly great. Some Surgeons excellent and others with horrible behavior tolerated by Management.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Great stepping stone for new nurses
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMarch 25, 2018
Great place to start your nursing career. Learn many basic nursing skills. Highly educated and talented nurses work here. Hardest part of the job occurs when you have a high patient load.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Pay including shift differential
satisfying work
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMarch 5, 2018
I am a nurse who loves being at the bedside. My patients are my priority and my coworkers feel the same. There is a team working on the L&D unit. They have my back and I have theirs.
Medical records
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDFebruary 25, 2018
Was a good job with a fast paced job and we worked independently. I worked on patient records that I had received from the different floors while the others worked on their patient record.
Pros
Fast paced and great benefits
Cons
Having to leave due to having to go back to school
Great work experience
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILFebruary 5, 2018
Short staffed at times, but plenty of working hours if you want them, good benefits, great experience. Management for my department was excellent and fair. A lot of team work there, plenty of staff take great pride in the work they do there
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILFebruary 5, 2018
I worked for St. Alexius for over 20 years. They are an excellent health system. The hours I worked became difficult so i had to leave.
Everyone in the ER worked as a team. Charge nurses were great.
The acuity of patients became difficult at the end
Let go after 12 years with no advance warning
Pain Management Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 26, 2018
PLease see job responsibilities listed in resume. I was let go with no cause, after 12 years. It was like being divorced from my family. No cause given for termination.
Pros
Great staff, salary
Cons
Too many patients for one provider, very long days
Great work place staff was incredibly nice and hard-working
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJanuary 25, 2018
My time at Saint Alexius Hospital was a great experience and I learned a lot from a lot from the job. This job educated me on things I did not know it also gave me safety tips and guides I'm cleaning cross-contamination Biohazard it was a great experience all together

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Alexius Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

St. Alexius Medical Center Reviews by Location