St. Ann's Community Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
productive
Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 10, 2018
I don't have anything to say about this place at all.so I don't have much or anything at all nothing good or bad to say about any of my previous jobs I didn't last at
More than just a job
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Irondequoit, NYMay 11, 2018
I have been with SAC for almost 7 years. It's more than just a paycheck, it's a true community. I have been given opportunities to advance in the organization & scholarships to further my education. During difficult times in my life & have been given support & encouragement. My manager & the leadership teams here let me know regularly how I contribute to the success of the organization. Are there times when it's stressful? Sure, it's healthcare!! Knowing that the residents we serve are well cared for in a clean, safe environment is very rewarding. I am proud to say I work for St. Ann's Community!
Pros
employee scholarships, paid time off, a work environment that is a culture of caring
Cons
truthfully, none
philosophy not followed in Marketing Department
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Chapel OaksMay 9, 2018
St. Ann's in many areas is a great company with many departments. The Marketing Department lacks all the essential leadership necessary in multiple areas as to live up to the St. Ann's Experience.
You must walk the walk and lead by example! Maybe that is why there is so much turnover in this Department. Upper Management in this Department is an embarrassment to St, Ann's and has a negative ripple effect outside their bubble. Please by all means seek employment in any department except Marketing... Run fast with your experience - It could be the biggest mistake you could make.
Pros
The Residents
Cons
Lack of leadership ability
good place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  portland campusApril 5, 2018
Every job has its ups and down, but overall this is a decent, fun environment and nice place to settle your feet. Management is reasonable and straight forward and staff is easy going, however there are some thorns.
Pros
patients/residents
Cons
busy, short lunches
Very busy
Registered Nurse, Supervisor Perdiem (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 12, 2018
Can be very busy, consist family communication, interaction with multiple staff disciplines. Heavy medication pass. Culturally diverse. For the residents there are multiple services available ranging from nursing to PT/OT and recreation.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, scholarship opportunity, company sponsored picnic at disconted price for employee, leadership training, your treated like a salaried employee if in that position, company contribute 4% to your 403b
Cons
expensive health insurance, no incentive, very low ability for advacement and growth
Terrible Place
Employee (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 24, 2018
The residents are unhappy and not wel cared for, and employees are treated terribly. Also coworkers are rude and disrespectful. Especially the CNA's are treated poorly and hate their jobs. You can't even get a free cup of coffee. Can't wait to leave.
Team effort
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 17, 2017
Overall stanns community can be a great place to work family oriented about their staff. They are working on a few improvements by giving their staff a chance for advancement by adding cna program as well as their own lpn program.
never again
Combined Food Preparation and Serving Worker (Former Employee) –  food staffOctober 15, 2017
The staff acts as if their in high school and the care is mediocre. Will never work there ever again. I did help me transition to another place better.
Excellent
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 8, 2017
St. Ann's community is an excellent company to work for. Security team management is phenomenal and have the best interest of employees in mind. Would recommend to anyone.
July 10, 2017

We are proud of our Security Department and glad you are having an excellent experience! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Wonderful Company
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Irondequoit, NYJuly 6, 2017
No job is perfect, but I've found that at St. Ann's Community, each area of employment offers the best opportunities for their employees. For example, CNA's are provided great benefits and numerous appreciations such as attendance bonuses and free meals. All employees are given opportunities for career advancement, academic scholarships, tuition reimbursement, leadership academy programs.

It isn't uncommon to see employees who have been at St. Ann's Community for 10-20 years, as well as finding people who started in entry-level jobs and worked their way up to Management positions and Director status.

St. Ann's Community provides everything you could possibly want in a job. It's your responsibility as the employee to utilize everything the company has to offer and contribute to the company and its culture.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement, Academic Scholarships, Career Advancement, Positive Culture, Leadership Program, Pto
Cons
Honestly, none.
July 10, 2017

The "pros" that you mention are all a part of what we offer to make St. Ann's Community a rewarding place to work. So glad you feel the way you do and decided to shared your impression with others.

A good place to get your feet wet.
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 21, 2017
Organization is large enough that it provides a multitude of opportunities for variety, growth, movement to multiple sites and good benefits.

I have not been there in eight years so I'm out of the loop.
Horrible pay
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 21, 2017
My experience was not so great first the pay was lousy. I made more as an HHA than a CNA starting out! The orientation was good overall soon as i was out on my set floor things went horrible NO TEAM WORK in my hall at all and the pettiness with gossip was too much amongst some staff who were in higher roles. The residents were sweet but they need to take their employeess more seriously which is why I left . NEVER any staff my first few months were awful once I was there I saw why they couldn't keep staff.
Pros
Residents
Cons
No staff not enough pay no team work
June 29, 2017

We are disappointed to hear that your time at St. Ann’s was not what you had hoped for, because it’s our employees who make the resident experience at St. Ann’s such a positive one. Our goal is to bring together caring, dedicated people who enjoy working with Seniors in an environment where teamwork and collaboration make a real difference. We are proud of our entire team of over 1200 caregivers, and we are committed to caring for the most important people on earth. - Bob, VP of Organizational Development

Transitional care status post hospitalization; short-term rehab
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Portland Ave, Rochester, NYApril 30, 2017
Direct care for transitional patients status post hospitalization. Patients were in short-term rehab and many had total joint replacements, fem-pop arterial bypass, CABG and post MI patients. The rehab therapists were excellent and were paired in OT/PT which was a very strong aspect of the job.

The hardest part of the job was determining the specific job roles of the assistant therapists.

Management was not very responsive to suggestions by staff. Management was typical top-down and expectations were driven by directives.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast recovery and rapid admission/discharge schedule. Most patients were discharged within two weeks of admission. It was so much fun watching patients improve so well and so fast.
Pros
Great OT/PT paired therapists, excellent admit to discharge records
Cons
Difficult to work with management that seemed not interested in staff suggestions, poor pay, poor vacation time
Christain work place
LPN (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 27, 2017
St. Anns community was a great place to work I enjoyed my time their. the staff was professional, Management was fair with the way they treated employees the hardest part of the job was working with a short staff and doing double shift's because we were short staffed.it put stress on the workers but we always got the job done.
Pros
Working Enviroment
Cons
Short Staffed too often
Busy,busy,& busy...
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 16, 2017
Working with 6 department everyday is a challenge that keep me multitasking all day. I have to get my job done in an efficient and timely manner because our residents depend on our service. Being the Facilities coordinator is a rewarding job knowing that you have made a difference in someone's life.
Pros
Knowing I helped someone today
Cons
Life is short, so enjoy it!
daily interaction with everyone in the halls
Secretary/Transporter Beauty Salon (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 25, 2016
transporter resident to get the hair done so they looked good and felt good...keeping the flow going to help the contracted hairdresser busy and making money. taking requests for appts. for a special occasion and getting them on the schedule in a timely fashion.
Love working with the residents
RN (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 8, 2016
I would enjoy my job more if we had adequate staff. I am disappointed in the quality of some of the staff. Poor work ethic and unprofessional behavior. Surprised to find what little knowledge many of the LPN's have of basic nursing. Management does not support staff.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Management does not support employees, pay
Good place to get expirence!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Irondequoit, NYFebruary 14, 2016
St. Ann's is a good place to get some hands on expirence. The work load can be over whelming and there is little time for breaks. The management could be better and unfortunately there are plenty of lazy people who think they don't have to pull their weight! Not so sure the new CEO has the company going in the right direction.
Pros
The residents are are great!!
Cons
Lots and lots of unprofessional drama !!!
Productive work place with high stress
LPN, CHT, Safety Director (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 10, 2016
Exceptional care provided , team support rewarding. High stress situations, good morale. Patient centered care. Very rewarding.
St. Anns Community was a great place to work
Medical Secretary Admissions Associate (Former Employee) –  1500 Portland Avenue Rochester NYFebruary 4, 2016
I held a few positions at St. Anns, beginning in 1997 as a Certified Nursing Assistant. I was then a Medical Secretary in 1998 and finally an Admissions Associates. I helped residents and their families with the admissions process. I conducted tours and i counseled people that were coming in for long term rehab, assistant living, hospice and long term skilled nursing care. I maintained census reports, I maintained budgets, I was the resource person when it came to training other administrative personnel where new computer programming was necessary. I triaged hundreds of phone calls daily.
Pros
Working with many people
Cons
Sometimes it was emotionally draining.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Ann's Community. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Ann's Community Reviews by Location