St. Anne's Employee Reviews

Well established, strong foundaton and a wrapround service oriented agency
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 16, 2018
I have been working at St. Anne's for about ten years and it has been nothing but pleasure. A great suportive and a multiculturally staffed work environment where everyone is treated with respect and lots of room for promotions. A wraparound social service oriented agency to meet the needs of the children, adults and families in need of services.

A great place to learn and share your skills and a whole bunch of great people to work with. An agency with great history and culture with a very supportive management team.
A Great place to learn, grow and serve.
Pros
Service oriented, Non political, 9/80 work schedule, lots of room for promotions.
Cons
Paycom and at times, quality of food in the cafeteria
Toxic work environment
MSW (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 10, 2018
Management was disrespectful, unsupportive and manipulative. Utilized the ol' 'other duties as assigned' trick to give clinical staff mismanaged work from other programs at the agency. Social workers are easily working over 12 hours at this job and St. Anne's has the lowest pay rate of any social service agency in Los Angeles. No opportunities for advancement. Very high turnover rate. I didn't realize until I left how stressful of a workplace culture St. Anne's is.
Cons
low pay, unqualified and disrespectful supervisors, long hours
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 10, 2018
St. Anne's is a great place to work for motivated staff, who are dedicated to serving our client population. There is a lot of opportunity for advancement and plenty of opportunity to for lateral transitions across different programs within the organization. The work environment is fast-paced, and expectations for staff to adhere to job responsibilities are high, but fair and reasonable. As in any other workplace, there are times when the work is stressful, but having a supportive management team and co-workers helps to balance the stress of the work. The organization has a fun and collaborative workplace culture! There is a team-oriented approach to providing quality services and meeting program goals. There is also a 9/80 flex schedule that allows employees to flex a day off of work every other week, which is meaningful for maintaining a healthy work/life balance. The most rewarding part of the job is working with the incredible young women, children, and families that we serve.
Pros
promotional opportunities, ability to work in multiple programs and learn new skills, fun and collaborative workplace culture, working for an organization that provides quality services to clients, 9/80 flex schedule
Cons
benefits could be more competitive
Great for experience, room to be promoted
Lead Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 10, 2018
I started working at St. Anne's in November of 2016. I worked as an Residential counselor for a year then promoted to a program assistant, then a Lead program assistant. Each role has given me insight into how a group home is run. As a residential counselor you will get great experience in working with at risk youth. Although, the job could have its difficult moments and frustrations the experience is worth it. I believe it is key to remember that the residents come from difficult backgrounds, as an RC you are there to help them grow and become wonderful young women, unfortunately many of them do not have parents to teach them these skills so as an RC you can assist them in these aspects. You also get to participate in fun activities as taking the residents shopping, restaurants, etc.

I have had great managers who have helped me grow. They encourage you to move up and will show they steps to getting there. But as an employee you also need to advocate for yourself! Always attempt to interview for that position, thats what I did and was able to move up.
Pros
great experience
Cons
stressful
Good work Experience
Early Head Start Teacher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90026April 3, 2018
It's a good place to get work experience. Right out of college I was looking for work and St. Anne's offer me a job despite having very little work experience. I learned a lot while I was there.
benefits
Cons
Short lunches
Great Company!
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 19, 2018
Great agency! I love the 9/80 schedule and the family friendly environment. Great people to work with. Throughout my 5 year career at St. Anne's I felt nothing but support! I have learned a great deal and I am motivated to continue to grow within the agency!
Pros
9/80 Schedule, Room for career development
Cons
Like any non-profit agency the pay rate can improve, however HR strives to maintain a competitive rate.
Great place to work!
Management (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 6, 2018
I was employed at St. Anne's for 8 years and enjoyed every moment. During that time, I was able to promote 3 times and always felt valued as an employee. St. Anne's has grown significantly over the past 5 years and with that growth there were some growing pains but management never stopped trying to integrate all programming and ensure that staff were happy. The agency has made significant progress in listening to it's staff and implementing the suggestions as long as they were in reason. Although the work can be stressful, I always felt supported by my colleagues and supervisor. I learned a lot during my time at St. Anne's and feel I am the employee I am today because of the leadership and guidance I received.
Pros
Colleagues, management, agency culture, 9/80 schedule
Employees work together to provide services to families in need
Lead Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2018
St. Anne's is an agency dedicated to provide support and services to families. On a daily basis, families come to St. Anne's in the hope of receiving services that they critically need. As a St. Anne’s employee I ensure that families receive the services they need. I have learned that in our community there is a lot of homelessness, poverty, abuse, neglect, and at-risk pregnant young women, parenting young women, children and families in need of different types of assistance. Fortunately, St. Anne’s is a workplace that collaborates to offer an array of programs that support families that are going through these circumstances. I must say it is gratifying to work for an agency that is making a difference in our society.
Pros
Work Hours, Paid Time Off, Healthcare
Sorry it's not a good place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2018
Do not work here RACIST!!!! horrible place to work. Management sucks. DONOT work here. The pay is horrible and it's all favoritism. Management plays favoritism. No support from anyone. Coworkers in wraparound date each other. It just sucks.
Pros
Cons
The entire organization
Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 26, 2017
St. Anne's provide excellent opportunities for advancement. As most social services agencies, there is lots of work to be done and never enough resources which can make it stressful. Management has high expectations of staff since we work with populations in challenging situations; they deserve our very best effort! St. Anne's is very committed to serve the community and offer a breadth of services to meet it's needs.
Pros
Dedicated administration
Cons
Hard to achieve work/life balance
Co-workers some were nice and others just didn't care
anonymous (Former Employee) –  ca.October 9, 2017
Working at St. Annes was horrible, there training was just a few film slides, couldn't ask for help, needed to learn cold turkey, team members don't follow protocols, I witnessed first hand, made me feel like I didn't know my job. All thier worry about are reports to be done, clients that really needed to be served weren't, just a sad place, non-profit organization are paid by reports. Supervisor unprofessional, regarding incidents within office.
Pros
non
Cons
poor management
Good workplace to gain experience ONLY
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 5, 2017
No matter how good you do your job, by one little mistake they get rid of you without notice. Management only cares about themselves and not getting a law suit. So under staff, and why is that? Because no one wants to work there. Staff would get assaulted. all St Anne's cared about was the protection of the girls even if your life, as staff, was the one being threaten by the girls. So much favoritism that it makes it difficult to move up. Just the structure of the program is a joke. So not worth all the stress that causes.
Horrible place to work; no structure
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 25, 2017
St. Anne's does not care about their staff. There is no structure within the program itself along with each individual girl's program, staff will get hit, spat on, have things thrown at them, lack of staff support and when things boil down, it will always be on you. New staff gets thrown into positions that they have no knowledge of and there are times where staff in higher positions will not show up to work just to let you sink or swim. Some may see this as a challenge that they may be willing to accept but trust me, it is not worth getting a DCFS case opened against you.
Pros
HA! none
Cons
lack of structure, staff support, verbal & physical altercations (without consequences for teens)
Awesome for the girls but poorly run
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 17, 2017
This place could be AMAZING if it was being run properly. Like most centers it is under staffed and full of children, the girls always feel overworked and underpaid.
Unsupportive management
Child & Family Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 17, 2017
I made a mistake and was fired immediately. No warning. No write-up, even though the quality of my work was constantly being praised. I often stayed late, without compensation so that my work was done in a timely manner. When I was hired, I was a full-time salaried employee. After a couple of months, the company decided to change my status and others in my position as well, to hourly non-exempt, due to changes in overtime labor laws. The company did not value the work I did and would not raise my pay so that I could remain on salary.
Pros
my manager did not micromanage
Cons
ethics of other employees are questionable. staff lies on reports.
Community work
Parent partner (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 25, 2017
Being able to work in a group with 3 other individuals that can support one another during a busy week is a plus. Being able to have training on a monthly you help support your clients.
No work life balance
Registered Therapeutic Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 2, 2017
Paperwork is placed more important that client care and working on the weekends and after hours is expected. The only thing that kept me there as long as I stayed was the flexible schedule (every other Friday off), the love for my clients and the relationships with my co-workers
Favoritism
None (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 18, 2017
Great purpose this company has. not greatest to work with. Human resources is not very helpful. Theres so much favoritism, no support from management.
Pros
16.50 hour
Very unorganized
Teaching Staff (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Education department is horribly managed. Very disorganized company but they have high expectations of teaching staff to meet deadlines when no time is given to complete assignments. Everything is last minute. The trainings are a joke and numerous. The heads of Education are not supportive and seem like they are new to this field- just lost... Unable to answer questions, unprofessional.

Apply at your own risk
Cons
Unorganized, irrelevant trainings, uninformative trainings, no real support
Forget it. No support for their overworked teachers.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2017
I love the community that we serve, but there's no support from management through all the difficulties we face when working with this community. The workload is unrealistic, no matter how fast & organized you may be... you will be stressed out every day AND on top of that, you get blamed for not completing the work on time (by unexperienced managers). HR is unhelpful. Overall, a very unprofessional & unorganized work environment with very-obvious favoritism.
Pros
Some nice staff
Cons
Favoritism; unorganized; very delayed/no yearly pay raise when due!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Anne's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8