St. Anthony Hospitals Employee Reviews

Very stressful
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 12, 2018
Management needs to worry about the care and not numbers, heavy workload, dont get breaks, pay not great, you do learn alot in the emergency room but other than that you feel rushed for every other area
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
No breaks
I did not like working nights
Register Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 2, 2018
could not give good patient care with the patient load that was always given. Not enough time with the patients and too much time charting. By the time I was done give meds and charting it was time to start all over again.
Apply somewhere else
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 30, 2018
Working in the laboratory is extremely stressful. You are constantly on the go from time clocking in till you leave. Pay is unfair. Supervisor and team lead lack leadership. Teamlead literally does nothing. She won’t help you stick and hall monitors you as you work to get sticks. They refuse to let you take off on weekend unless you find coverage. Paid holidays are taken out of your earned time off. If you have no vacation days you will not get paid for holidays. High turn overrate. They talk down to you like a child.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Supervisor, training, knowledge under staffed and pay
N/a
Endoscopy Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 26, 2018
Descent work environment. Most co-workers are easy to get along with. Management is approachable and easy to talk to. I do not wish to say any more about this job.
Great
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 26, 2018
Very good company to work for, employees are cooperative. Security is good, most people work together. They need more staff. present staff feel like they are being over worked.
Poor environment
TECHNOLOGIST, SUPERVISOR, MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 23, 2018
Started my sleep career there. I was initially a self taught technician, later became a supervisor. The Hospital had horrible High level executives who drove the institution into bankruptcy
Pros
Learned my trade there
Cons
Poor executive management
Graduate Opportunities
Natalie Wright, Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 22, 2018
SAMC is an excellent opportunity for any new graduate nurse. The mentoring program is excellent and affords eh graduate an opportunity for continuing education
mid-sized hospital currently being merged with larger hospital
Laboratory Technologist, Microbiology Department (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 21, 2018
While I like my coworkers. I feel management does not care about me as a person. A typical day is working at the bench. It can be crazy busy with little help, or slow with little to do. I have learned I would rather travel and work at different labs across the country on a temporary basis at each. I feel management best serves the company(hospital) by supporting the employees instead of driving the employees like task masters.
The present work place culture is feeling like my managers are task masters, but my co-workers are supportive. We help each other out most of the time, The hardest part of the job is consistently getting out on time. We put in a lot of overtime. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I have played a part in caring for our patients.
It's a good place to work.
Staff RN in Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 19, 2018
My first job as an RN was at St. Anthony. I liked the mission statement, and I appreciated that they really do seem to care for patients as people rather than paychecks. That being said, the company is very large, and my experience was entirely dependent upon the culture within my particular department.
Pros
A friendly atmosphere
Cons
It is a very large company
okay
Patient Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Carroll, IAJune 17, 2018
This is an okay place to work for the hours are unstable and there was no communication within the departments. Nice people to work for all in all but just needs some work.
Great staff and surgeons to work with
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 16, 2018
overall this is a great place to work, the staff are all friendly and helpful. Even the managers are understanding if children are sick or having family trouble. They make sure to give morning breaks and lunches at decent times. Really the only draw back is the pay is just not competitive with other hospitals in the area, hopefully that changes in the future,
Pros
Understanding with family
Cons
hourly pay
Exciting place to work
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 12, 2018
As a level 1 trauma center St. Anthony can be an exciting place to work. There are many great nurses and physicians. Hospital hours can be challenging with work/life balance.
No, Thank You
Safety & Security Officer (Former Employee) –  OklahomaJune 10, 2018
At first the Safety & Security Officer job was a good fit. But after changes in Upper Management, the environment became one that no longer aligned with my goals and expectations.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Everything Else
The Management was hostile and unethical
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2018
The Management was hostile and unethical. Lot to lot validations were faked after the fact. I left because management made it difficult for me to get a day off for a friend's funeral.
Student
Sonography Student (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 23, 2018
They taught me a lot as a student. It was a very busy and flexible place to work and they were very accommodating as a student. they teach a lot to their students.
Pros
Staff
Loved working here
RN (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 14, 2018
Culture and work environment conducive to advancement and professional growth. Management supportive of employee efforts. Recognition for achievements readily provided.
St. Anthony's
CNA II (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, ORMay 8, 2018
I can't remember much from when I worked here but was a small hospital. Don't talk about personal life because there gets to be a lot of drama and people talking causing issues. A good chunk of the people that come in you know outside for it being a small town. The hardest part of the job is when people are really ill or when they pass away.
Pros
discount lunches with badge, mandatory staff meetings
Cons
short breaks, drama
St Anthony has declined
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 8, 2018
For many years, I have been a proud and loyal employee of Centura and St Anthony. In the past year, their culture has declined in my opinion- they have replaced experienced and sensitive LEADERS with MANAGERS who have low concern for their staff, little loyalty to that staff, and are unable to keep their staff. The turnover rate is terrible, and the reasons are that the staff is overworked, and at risk for their licences, their nursing leadership has been overworked and has quit or been fired as well. They replace them the people who fit their "new" culture profile. They let go experienced and valuable staff with little respect for their tenure or years of work. Even physicians are bailing! Just look at the HCCAP scores, LOS, retention rates, or employee satisfaction scores if there is any doubt.

I feel sad that such a fine institution will have years of rebuilding to get back to what they were before.
Pros
Dedicated employess who care
Cons
Top administrators
Very friendly and caring
Franciscan Alliance Physician Network (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INMay 3, 2018
Nice relationship with provides
Caring and listening
Great environment
Sad to leave the palace . Reason for leaving the practice is relocation with family
Pros
Friendly and positive environment
Cons
Far distance
Employees care about the patients
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKApril 17, 2018
I enjoyed working for St Anthony, it felt like family. The employees are all so kind, I have stayed in touch with the majority of them. They care about their patients even if its 5min while checking you in.