St. Catherine University Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
recent change in leadership resulted in recent decline in morale
Director of Campus Ministry (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 2, 2018
strong mission; devoted staff and faculty; diverse student body. employees tend to stay employed at St. Kate's a long time. There's a great sense of collegiality. Everyone works together for the good of the students.
Fun workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJanuary 12, 2018
Managed art transactions with guest purchases.
Greet & assist visitors
Transferred calls
Fax paperwork
Close & open building/classrooms
Assist & directed visitors
Pros
Relaxing workplace
Cons
Low pay
First point of contact with Facilities Department - Command Central
Office Manager/Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 9, 2017
Fast pace, challenging - detail orientate- problem issue/direction

Great group of co-workers, a good - comfortable work environment.
Great benefits -
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low salary
Great Student Postitions
Costume Design Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 30, 2017
Very flexible with student schedules. They care about students and make sure academic work is a top priority. They encourage you to grow your skill base.
Fun and vibrant environment with great opportunities to work with a variety of professionals and members of the community.
Collaborative Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 3, 2017
This opportunity provided me the opportunity to work with a variety of professionals and individuals of the community, complete research, and aid in the creation of a screening for the Special Olympics athletes.
Pros
Has a wide variety of professional and personal opportunities.
Cons
Scholars program only lasted one semester.
Consistent Place to Work
Organic Ch (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 14, 2016
I could count on hours every week. It was enjoyable to help budding chemists grow. It also helped me refine my chemistry skills.
Nice place to work
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 13, 2016
Nice place to work.
Every day I learned something new.
The most enjoyable part is to be able to help people.
Good benefits.
Nice people.
I miss the boss, the workplace wasn't the same after she left
Ticket Office Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 30, 2016
A typical day:
-Answer 20-50 calls a day / deal with customers coming to the ticket office
-Helped patrons get best seat/ memorized pricing and seats and 'handicapped areas'
Laid back and relaxed but professional atmosphere
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNFebruary 8, 2016
Life guarding at St. Kate's is a simple job through the work study program. I work and average of 4 shifts a week for an average of 10-12 hours a week. Most of the shifts I cover are in the mornings when the university has scheduled lap swim which is open to the campus and the community.
University that I am attending
Department of Public Safety, Student Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 16, 2015
I am a second year majoring in Business Administration, Marketing and Management with a minor in Sales. A typical day at the Department of Public Safety is documenting and prioritizing calls for the officers that secure the campus catering to the students, faculty/staff, guests, and community in the neighborhood.
Fun and Engaging
Mendel Hall Student Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 22, 2015
Working at St. Catherine allows me to work in a fun fast paced environment along with providing me experience in a lab based setting.
IT Job
Student Computer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 18, 2015
Worked an average of 4-6 hours a day.
Had really nice and caring and hard working co-workers.
Learned a lot of things about computer and softer ward information
Pros
good hours
Cons
N/a
Positive work enviromment
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 19, 2015
Would love to still be there. Unfortunately my position was contracted out to a private firm. Team environment without personal agendas.
Good school job
Event's Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 8, 2015
Worked here with very flexible hours for an on campus job. I used to set up for meetings and events services for the college and got to attend those events and get paid even while doing homework.
Excellant education
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 23, 2014
Labor intensive course load. I adored learning about systemic androcentrism and patriarchy within our current society. Unfortunately, it is also flourishing on campus. Chose assignments wisely and do not clash with any teachers ego or you will pay the price with your GPA.
Pros
free lunches, campus activites and other opportunities
Cons
Hefty homework load & divided student body (academics v. super rich)
Fast pace friendly environment
Program Assistant- Resident Life (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 21, 2014
Plan events for residents, assist manager when needed, and organize store room daily.
Exciting work environment
Manager of Student Accounts (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 1, 2014
Working with the students was a very rewarding experience. It was very rewarding when you were able to keep a student enrolled in the college who had financial difficulties. It was a fine balance setting up a payment plan that both satisfied the student and the university's needs. I learned how to streamline the accounts receivable department and reduce the collection rate significantly by putting strict policies and procedures in place. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I had a wonderful team to work with. They were just as dedicated as I was to educating young women and fulfulling their dream of getting a college education.
Pros
The uplifing environment
Excellent way to tutor graduate students: Online!
Online Graduate Writing Consultant & Tutor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 20, 2014
Working for St. Catherine as a Graduate Writing Consultant and Tutor was an amazing opportunity. My job was to assist graduate students with their writing needs online in a chat room format. Students would schedule with me for 1 hour sessions 5 days per week including Saturday and Sunday. Because many graduate students tend to have very busy schedules, the flexibility offered to them was one of the biggest benefits or working with me online. Furthermore, I loved the freedom to work independently, and from home, during times I knew I would be of most value to students. Most often, I'd assist students with their graduate thesis work, which I found to be both fulfilling and educational. I would have loved to continue with St. Catherine but was unable due to graduation.
Pros
Work from Home, Online
Cons
Technology Issues (when server would crash)
It was a great place for a student to grow and mature.
Publicity Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 21, 2014
I learned how to plan events, create banners, brochures, and small projects for them, and also work with people whose jobs were different than my own. I also interacted with other people, be they coworkers or otherwise. I also was able to take the initiative to work on soon-coming projects by myself. The hardest part of the job was figuring out exactly what the manager wants. However, the most enjoyable job was using my creativity skills.
Pros
Talking to people while I work, creating the banners and posters, watching the people enjoy the events
Fun workplace with friendly people
Public Access Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 19, 2014
I really enjoyed working here as my first job. Everyone was very welcoming and made my transition to college very easy.