St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center Employee Reviews

lovely place to work
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYNovember 5, 2018
Everyone is really friendly, some people can be too boose other wise a great place to work. Get there on time and do all your required work and you will be fine
Pros
overtime
Cons
short staff
Great work environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Smithtown, NYJuly 24, 2018
Great place to work, great benefits, great growth potential. Management is great and they treat the employees well. friendly work environment. I would recommend anyone to work here.
Fun workplace
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYApril 15, 2018
St Catherine's of Siena Medical Center is one of the best hospitals on Long Island. Everyone is very caring and cares greatly about the patients that walk in and out of the hospital.
I had a great experience at St. Catherine of Siena
Internship (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYNovember 8, 2017
I had my internship here. the supervisors are very understanding.
I learned a lot about what is takes to work in a hospital. took lots of notes. the people are friendly. the office has good atmosphere.
Busy critical care units
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYNovember 5, 2017
Fast paced ICU/CCU settings. Supportive co=workers, facilitating an ongoing team effort. Ongoing educational opportunities. Excellent EMR. Caring management.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
short staffing at times
Currently working here
PCA (Current Employee) –  Smithtown, NYOctober 15, 2017
Working full time for over 20 years in critical care. Not looking to leave, just looking for additional part time employment.

Union contract and pension are fantastic. Health benefits are very reasonably priced for comomete PPO coverage.

Vision plan could be better bit overall, fantastic benefits.
Pros
Health benefits, union pension
Cons
8 hrs, not 12
Cna
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYOctober 2, 2017
Some days can be very hectic and stressful while other days are more relaxed. Overall I learned a lot there and gained a good amount of experience as well.
Stressful enviroment
Staff Nurse, Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Smithtown, NYSeptember 29, 2017
St. Catherine Hospital does have great doctors but the management in my department is very poor. we run out of supplies poorly stocked for emergency services and the management has no clue on how to run an ER. Nurses work very hard to care for everyone and I understand about policies and procedures but are not informed when they are updated. Management hires people who never were managers before and have no clue on what they are doing. But in overall the nurses and doctors do work as a team to get the job done and obtain patient satisfaction.
Cons
No breaks constant fast pace flow no supplies
Productive fast paced working enviroment
Medical Assistant & Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Smithtown, NYJuly 12, 2017
It is a very busy job, they expect you to do a lot in a little amount of time. They give raises every year as pennys but if you ask for one they will turn you down. The doctors are amazing to work for however, the managers need to step up the game and make it more enjoyable to be there.
Great people! Great place to work!
Observer (Current Employee) –  Smithtown, NYMay 30, 2017
Everyone is so nice and so sweet! Lovely people to be around and the OR is always fun and upbeat. Never a dull moment. I love going to work and can't wait to return to talk to all my bestfriends!
Polite and Professional
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYMay 7, 2017
All areas of the hospital work together to give the patients the best care possible. The staff- nurses, pharmacists, doctors etc. all join together to create the best medical plan possible for the patients.
Pros
Yearly raises
Cons
n/a
I'm not working at St. Catherine of Sienna since 2007
RN (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYDecember 1, 2015
It was a good experience to work as a brand new RN. Working with an experienced staff was very helpful for me. The hardest part of my job was to take care of many patients with complex problems and the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing patients feeling better.
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
very busy
Enjoyable
Student Nurse Extern and Patient Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYOctober 3, 2015
Great staff and management in the ER. Enjoyable place to work. Staff really care about their patients and work together as a team.
Excellent work environment
Director of Communications & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYMay 20, 2015
This hospital is dedicated to the patient and the high quality of care that they deliver on a daily basis. The leadership team at the time I worked there was a solid group of forward thinking planners. In confluence with Catholic Health Services we produced visionary innovative leadership.
Pros
Forward thinkers
Cons
Just not a good place to be at right now
Patient Care Assistant (PCA I) (Current Employee) –  Smithtown, NYMarch 22, 2015
I thought that this position would be much better than it was and I was disappointed. Coming from one institution, you expect a certain level of delivery, but it misses the mark at this facility. That is why I had to leave and pursue other avenues.
Pros
n/a
Cons
too many to list
N/a
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2014
• Direct Daily Operations For 160k Sqft 7-Story 5 Star Health & Fitness Facility
• Supervised Engineering & Maintenance Staff
• Assign Tasks Based Upon Skill Level And Job Requirements
• Assist Property Manager In Capital Projects Planning/Budgets Up To $2.5Million
• Implemented And Managed Capital Projects As Planned
St Catherine
Registered Nurse -Medical/Surgical and Oncology (Current Employee) –  Smithtown, NYOctober 13, 2014
Good place to get basic nursing experience. It is a small community hospital that offers many services. Good place to start.
Surgical Technologist- Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Smithtown, NYOctober 8, 2014
St. Catherine of Siena is a community hospital. Overall, friendly staff and management. Quality caring employees .
Pros
Cons
laid off due to reduction of doctors and patients
Typical day at work
Staff Nurse - Medical Surgical Unit - 4S (Current Employee) –  Smithtown, NYAugust 26, 2014
•Responsible for all nursing duties for the Medical Surgical Unit, including preparing patients for surgery and monitoring post-op patients
•Telemetry cardiac monitoring, administer drugs with PCA and IV pumps, change dressing and all surgical-related concerns
•Educate patients and families on healthcare needs and post-op care
•Schedule admissions and discharges, maintain patient charts and confidential files
Medical-Surgical Unit
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Smithtown, NYAugust 18, 2014
The most enjoyable part of working as nurse is the interaction with patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center Reviews by Location