St. Charles Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Working in the lab
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORAugust 7, 2018
Lab work is stressful and overwhelming but beneficial. I've learned so much working here but the schedules are not the best. The work team and supervisors are all very helpful.
Enjoyed working there
Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJuly 21, 2018
Good place to work for. But when you have a disability it may effect your position and you get let go then you find out you are not rehireable. But it's hard to say if Human resources has their records correct because it says yes in one spot and no in other.
Hard long hours with no breaks except a lunch.
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJuly 20, 2018
Poorly operated health system. Nurses had to sue to get compensated for not taking breaks. The culture there was aggressive and unempathetic. The management did not hold employees responsible and only made hard workers do more for the same pay.
DIfficult work environment where opinions of employees are not sought
Senior Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJuly 20, 2018
DIfficult work environment where opinions of employees are not sought. Organization is top-heavy and management in many places is a revolving door. People are overloaded and stress is high
Pros
Good supervisor who shielded me from the difficulties of upper management
Cons
People are overloaded and layoffs are making it worse
Big mistake
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redmond, ORJuly 12, 2018
Management is horrible and so if the favoritism!! They are good at hooking you in, then its a terrible work environment. I relocated to work there and it was mistake.
Inconsistent culture, unclear org goals but great coworkers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Prineville, ORJuly 3, 2018
I was in a good department with great coworkers and leaders, but I saw a lot happen during my tenure. There isn't a clear business plan which makes goal setting a challenge and adds to inconsistent culture throughout.

What's more, a significant amount of higher level jobs have been filled by people from the CEO's home state as opposed to being filled by qualified employees within SCHS. While it's natural to want to recruit folks with whom you've had good working relationships, it demotivates the existing talent.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
unclear goals, inconsistent culture, limited advancement options
Nice place, but management a bit wishywashy
face to face customer service (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJuly 3, 2018
I really enjoyed working at St. Charles, but the management cut several positions. I that hadn't happened, I would still be working there. I felt like a bunch of us were just tossed.
Pros
Great Health Plan
Cons
Mediocre Upper Management
Fun place to work managment in housekeeping horrible. They changed there minds about schedules no communication skills.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORJune 26, 2018
Its ok work, can be fun but I found it stressful as they have a huge turn over and the stress fell back on us always. Couldnt use eto i earned due to staffing issues.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Your expected to do way more than your job description and you dont get recognized for all you do.
Has its pros and cons
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Prineville, ORMay 27, 2018
Some people are awesome and make the day go well. Others don't. There's lots of politics, especially from South Dakota. Hopefully it improves in the next few years.
Decent environment
Certified Nursing Assistant and Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORMay 19, 2018
Chronically short staffed and not very supportive of CNA staff. No incentive for working extra shifts and overtime is frowned upon. Good health insurance but expensive
Horrible
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORMay 15, 2018
Horrible management, nurses treat other co-workers horribly, they think they are superior and the majority are very, very unkind.
The browner the nose the faster the advancement in this place. It’s very cliquey and there is zero training in some departments. It is an overall toxic and draining environment to work in.
Pros
Eto
Cons
The list is too long to write
Well, it's healthcare.
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORMay 15, 2018
If you like a lot of red tape, working in Health Care if your route. I enjoyed our patients and working with multiple departments. It always feels good to put a smile on someones face.
If Possible Do Not Work Here
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORMay 15, 2018
The management in EVS is very cut throat. They violate every HIPPA Law possible. (They've been caught talking about how bad their staff is and how lazy they are) I have worked for 4 hospitals in my years and never once have I ever walked in on this. Management does not put patients first at all, or even the cleanliness of the facility.
Cons
worst work environment i've ever been in
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORMay 14, 2018
Poor management, extremely understaffed because people are always quitting due to the toxic work environment, not family friendly, all around horrible place to work.
Ill defined leadership structure in a constant state of upheaval
Medical Director (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORMay 14, 2018
Repeated lack of leadership and non inclusion in meetings and updates led to constantly trying to work in a vacuum. No information sharing. Lots of posturing and manipulations by supervisors attempting to create their own job security.
Never hated a job so much
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Madras, ORMay 13, 2018
I had started with Mountain view Hospital but had to interview for my position during the merge to St Charles. I absolutely loved my job and the people however everything changed! St Charles management would withhold information regarding product orders and have me do tgeir dirty work. I have never hated a job so much! Then they suggested I needed more training based on complaints regarding the changes they made. I quit on the spot and told them the managers need to do tgeir jobs correctly so othrs can do theirs.
Pros
Cons
The personalities
Cut throat
Patient Service Representative relief/ on call (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORMay 11, 2018
Worked as a patient service representative relief on call. Worked 40 hr weeks for over 8 months. When discussed benefits with Hr since I was working 40 hr weeks I was told it was easier to pay the penalty then pay you benefits. If you weren’t a favorite you got no where. Lots of back stabbing, management doesn’t manage. They use you and then when you apply for the position you’ve been working since you were hired. They over look you and give it to someone else. Over heard on several occasions management yelling at employees while patients in waiting room could hear them.
Pros
Cons
Favorites and you were nothing
I was a remote caregiver
Identity Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORApril 3, 2018
I was remote and I loved working with all of the caregivers. Most were very much team players.

The company I worked with merged with St. Charles, I always felt pretty happy there.
Very poor management, patient safety concerns, poor administration
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORMarch 31, 2018
This employer needs new management and a competitor. Patient safety is compromised and health care staff are underpaid and mistreated. The company has poor leadership.
Very sad place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Madras, ORMarch 3, 2018
Lack of management skills and communication as well as gossip and rumor spreading amongst upper management and their favorite staff in front of patients and other staff members
Pros
Cons
Worst work enviorment