St. Charles Hospital

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

St. Charles Hospital Employee Reviews

The best manager I ever worked for, the Nursing Staff were Team players
vEEG Technologist and EKG Technologist (Per Diem) (Former Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYMarch 4, 2019
I had been out of the field since running my family’s business. St Charles allowed me to return and not skip a beat in functionality with patients and patient care. Great small hospital that is a personal and actually fun.
Pros
Pay and scheduling
Cons
Snow days a mandatory duty
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYDecember 26, 2018
They treated me like family it was great to work here but I had to move. I always had help from coworkers when it was busy especially when there was a lot of discharges.
Pros
$4 employee meal
Cons
A lot of areas
Fulfilling with many opportunities for advancement
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYNovember 30, 2018
While employed with St. Charles Hospital I had the pleasure of working with skilled physicians and physian assistants. The environment was always friendly and fair.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Short staffed
My Experience at St Charles helped me to continue developing me as a RN . Continuing on a journey to as productive person .
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYNovember 26, 2018
St. Charles is part of CHSLI system , which strive for rendering excellence. With quality , safe , and informative care for each of their clients. We were given frequent
In-services services Overall is was a very positive experience working at , and working with the entire wonderful Team at St. Charles Hospital .
A great workplace
Radiology Clerk / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORNovember 19, 2018
I loved everything about St. Charles and my work for the past fifteen years. the Management truly really cared about his employees at radiology by trying to make us a better and happy staff one can ever imagine.
Pros
Annual Christmas bonus, dinner, Employee recognition dinner etc..
Cons
all my Pros were eliminated.
Fun Summer Job
Extern- CIMT Camp (Former Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYNovember 1, 2018
Awesome team to work with! Great job opportunity and resume booster for occupational therapy and physical therapy students. Had fun and learned a lot along the way
loved working here
Pathology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYAugust 4, 2018
I loved working in the laboratory at the hospital. I learned a lot from the physician's assistants there. The doctors were very busy but very professional and I had no complaints.
EHR Consultant
Medicare Administrative Contractors (Former Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYJuly 30, 2018
St Charles was a great experience due to the environment and people. Rochester is a small town but it is very relaxing and the hospital is designed to make sure it is easily accessible. Mayo had a very strong culture of exceptional work and peformance and expectation that everyone actually show up mentally for work each and every day.
Department Assistant Review
Patient Care Services Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJuly 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time at St. Charles. My manager was amazing and she allowed for collaboration and understanding when I needed it. I was never not busy and I like that about a position. Overall a great environment to work in. Highly recommend St. Charles for a place to work. Especially in beautiful Central Oregon.
family oriented
Cardiac Monitor Tech/unit Clerk (Icu) (Former Employee) –  Luling, LAMay 23, 2018
Great community to work in. You see alot of the same patients and issues and you develop relationships with them. It is a smaller hospital which limits the amount of different diseases you come across. Hospital does not treat pregnant women or children.
All about management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORMay 1, 2018
Always understaffed. Several texts are sent a day asking for more employees. Its all about the budget. The CNA has about 10-12 patients to balance " safely" according to the hospital.
Supplies are always stocked and ready to use.
Pros
Great array of supplies for patient care. Great team on the floor to utilize teamwork
Cons
Overworked RNs, underpaid CNAs, heavy patient loads, all about the budget.
High Paced Work Environment
Cook (Current Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYMarch 21, 2018
St. Charles is a high paced work environment there is a lot of work to be done in a short period of time. You really need an energetic person. Good organizational skills are a must. With constant cut backs you need to be able to do more with less. The job of feeding the patients must be done so if something is missing or breaks down you need to figure out an alternative way of getting the job done.
Poor Healthcare system
Registered Nurse-Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORNovember 2, 2017
This hospital is behind on evidence based practice. Physicians do not follow up to date guidelines in healthcare. Staff RN's do not promote clean safe environments to work in.
St. Charles hospital
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYAugust 13, 2017
Productive place environment, coworks work great with each other, patient care is awsome, clean environment, supervises are awsome, great benefits, paid vsctions
Pros
Great environment
Hard Work
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYJuly 29, 2017
Too busy doing work constantly and independently. Us workers also worked as a team when the work gets backed up.

Working in a hospital environment is very hard and more competitive.
Pros
Excellent Pay and Benefits
Cons
Working very hard independently as well as a team.
Excellent place to work. Interesting working for a hospital
Medical Billing/Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYJuly 11, 2017
This was my forte, A great job. Working in a hospital can be quite interesting. Many different ailments with a diverse population. I found working in the emergency Department very life changing.
Pros
Diverse duties, one day collecting the next day helping patients
Cons
Just a wonderful place to work. Management was excellent
Great place to work with very good people
Room Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORJune 7, 2017
Management is decent. the job is fast paced but very rewarding. The hospital is full of crazy situations that you learn from the it can be hard. You deal with a lot of people who come in and out of the hospital and the hard part is not knowing if they ended up being okay or not.
Pros
good people
Cons
could use better managers
productive
General Practice Resident (Former Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYJune 4, 2017
The workplace culture is very family-like, and you get to treat a lot of patients who are in need of the service. The hardest part of the job is possibly the weather.
Rewarding
CLEANER AND DRYER RESTORATION COMPANY (Former Employee) –  Oregon, OHMay 15, 2017
A very rewarding job, not meant for everyone. Its really a face paced job. Lot to do and learn. I loved the interaction with the patients and the doctors and nurses.
Pros
rewarding and busy
Na
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Oregon, OHApril 27, 2017
have worked as PRN for the past 5 years like the flexibility in those hours. I need a full time job and that is why I am searching. St Charles hospital has been great to work for and will continue to work for many more years to come