St. Clair County Employee Reviews

Great tight knit group at the prosecutors office.
Illinois State's Attorney (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILFebruary 26, 2019
The St. Clair County State's Attorney's office was a great place to gain courtroom experience. Everyone was equal from the top down, there was an obvious administrative hierarchy but it was not present on a personal level within the office. All attorneys and support staff acted like colleagues and not bosses and subordinates.
Positive place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Health departmentFebruary 10, 2019
Great place to work. Relaxed, fun and encouraging. I find it to be a very rewarding experience helping others within the community. Great team work and support from management with informative meetings and training.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
n/a
Secretary/record keeper (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILSeptember 26, 2018
This was a great environment to work in with great people. I wish I wouldve made more gains at the job but due to my lack of resources. Also, not alot of room for growth within the company.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
No room for growth
Good place to work for
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILApril 28, 2018
Managers are very friendly and understanding. CEO is very understanding. CEO and managers appreciate the employees. Once a month there is a meeting held with all of the departments to inform the employees about the agency(Budget, New hire, Positions, Salary, ETC)
Pros
supervisors are easy to get alone with.
Cons
low salary
Excellent benefits
Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Pell City, ALMarch 17, 2018
Family oriented organization. Staff worked well together with no real work related problems. The patient load was such to allow time to speak with patient without feeling a sense of being rushed.
Great place of employment
Office Admin Intern (Former Employee) –  Ashville, ALFebruary 27, 2018
While I was only an intern, it was one of the best places I have worked! Everyone gets along and helps one another. There is no my job or your job, it is, lets all work together.
The people are great
Paraprofessional/Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILFebruary 26, 2018
The people are great. Culture is great. No vacation. Pay could be better. Hours are great if you have kids or another job. I have nothing else to say but it won't let me submit.
Great school district
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  District 118January 22, 2018
Some days are challenging depending on what group of kids you work with. Teachers are great and so is support staff. Love working in District 118. Great People to work with.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Teaching difficult students
Not fun anymore
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJanuary 15, 2018
Not applicable for this purpose. I'm just looking for a possible part time job that is flexible that I can work at and enjoy that pays enough so I don't have to go to my current job for overtime.
Lazy, lazy,lazy
Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Clair, MODecember 23, 2017
Laziest bunch of deputies I have ever met. If they would get off of the office chairs and do their jobs, they wouldn’t all be pushing 300lbs. Hang up on residents asking questions and needing assistance. Hang out in large group in the parking lot for hours while people wait for them to show up for calls.
Deputies act like they’re doing everyone a favor by showing up to work. They lie about the laws to get out of doing their jobs.
Still There
Corrections Officer (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILDecember 14, 2017
No review due to me still being employed. I have enjoyed working there over the past nine plus years, but need a change due to issues that have occurred.
Will hire anyone to be a department head
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIOctober 30, 2017
My current department head is a sore excuse for a human being. He comes to work late, he constantly leaves and is never working when he is there. He leave early to go to the bar. But you can’t even think of taking your allotted break because you got a break getting the job you have. Mind you he wasn’t there when I got the job I have.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management all the way up.
Great Place
Judicial Clerk (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILOctober 30, 2017
The job consisted of all things necessary to a local government. The job as well as internships allowed plenty of growth. The growth was centered around education and personal development.
Love the work just not work ethics of others
Account Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Health DepartmentSeptember 1, 2017
I've worked at St. Clair County for13 years and am looking for something part time to subsidize my income; low pay scale for job expectations. I last approximately $15,000 annually when I left Able however the County was more secure for my future and was a it less stressful. I like the freedom of not working fir a micro manager however I would like to have more consistency amongst other employees.
Pros
Retirement
Cons
Lack of good management
Too many women
Processor/Verifier (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMay 15, 2017
A work place dominated by over bearing women. Horrible environment, extreme catty, over worked managment no real leadership, to much mirco management supervisors are NEVER at work
Pros
no weekends
Cons
no benefits
It certainly isn't what I thought it was going to be.
People Greeter (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILMay 1, 2017
Communication was lacking on every level possible.The hardest part of the job is that management backed those lacking professionalism. Lots of good programs!
Pros
Good programs
Cons
Staff unprofessional and can't be trusted
My St. Clair County Deputy experience
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIApril 30, 2017
-typical day at work: nothing was typical. 12 hours of patrolling and answering call for service.

-what I learned: how to survive in the streets, work as a team, and was very well trained in all fields.

-management: hold the highest respect for all my supervisors.

-hardest part of the job: getting injured after 17 years of service and having to retire.

-most enjoyable: the relationships created with the community and everyone I worked with.
Pros
Helping others, and locking up criminals
Cons
Emotional toll as it relates to the observations and experiences.
Very Productive Workplace
General Office Aide (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILApril 3, 2017
Typical day at work, data entry, filing, and answering the phones and directing them to the proper person. I learned alot about environmental health. Management was very polite and helpful.
Great school
Freelance Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIMarch 9, 2017
I was a student and freelance student designer there. I enjoyed my time there. Very friendly and willing to work as a team to achieve amazing things..
It was always a learning experience.
Facility Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJanuary 31, 2017
I absolutely loved working for the sheriffs department. I got to learn about many sides of the law. In my position I learned about all aspects of what the road officers and correctional officers do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Clair County. Our community is ready to answer.