St. Clair Hospital Employee Reviews

good experience
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 20, 2018
it was a typical non monitored floor, it was busy. It was a 23 bed unit and there was always something to be learned. There was a high turn over rate on that floor, however, it had the potental to be what you made it.
The best place that I ever worked
RN (Former Employee) –  Mount Lebanon, PAMay 24, 2018
Hands down the best hospital in the area and the #1 place to work; I only left for a FT position that was work from home, otherwise I would probably never have left. The people truly make it a wonderful place.
Pros
the people
Cons
n/a
Very Helpful
Internship in IT (Former Employee) –  St.ClairApril 16, 2018
They provide detailed relevant experience through an internship assignment. All staff were knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. They are considerate to clients and work hard and walk through their job process.
Pros
Valuable learning experience
Cons
Unpaid internship only
Great learning experience
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 13, 2018
As a fairly new surg tech, I learned a great deal here. Most of the surgeons were fine with answering any questions I had and offering to teach. The other techs were polite and helpful in my training.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Read the fine print on policies
Good team work.
PT/OT escort (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 10, 2018
All coworkers were supportive and willing to show me technique due to I was still in school for PTA. Supervisor was always unavailable to discuss to further my position .
Pros
lunch free.
Cons
worked on weekends.
St.Clair Hospital
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Upper St. Clair, PAMarch 22, 2018
St.Clair Hospital is a great place to work. Management is involved and the department runs smooth. Staff is a little less accepting of new hires but once you get to know everyone they are great. Pay was more then i'm making now working for High-mark/ AHN. I think tha'ts because they are still privately owned. Hardest part of the job is getting the hang of everything as a whole, buts that's hospital life in general.
Overall great place to work. Would have never left if i didn't relocate.
Pros
Pay, Management
An enjoyable place to work
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 21, 2018
I worked with an amazing group of ladies. We were always busy,but everyone was willing to help. I learned more about how to be more effective by using the Toyota method, I use this in my daily life to this day. The hardest part of my job would be learning everyone's job and trying to become proficient in the all, but somehow you manage to do it, with the support from the team. it was one of my favorite places to work.
Pros
Wonderful Co-workers
Cons
Somedays we can get very over crowded
best overall hospital in area
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 1, 2018
Absolutely loved my job. Loved the environment at St Clair. The doctors and nurses are all wonderful to be around and would recommend this hospital to anyone looking for work if you can get them to interview you.
Pros
environment
Nice hospital to work at
INSURANCE FOLLOW-UP ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Upper St. Clair, PAFebruary 28, 2018
I enjoyed my time at St Clair, only left for higher paying position as no room for advancement as a newer employee. Co-workers were great, nice lunches, boss was lacking but friendly. Good 401k, pay scale ok, but could be a smidge higher given hospital is doing very well, relaxed work area that was quiet.
Pros
nice work environment
Cons
limited PTO, have to wait a while as new employee for advancement opportunities
good hospital to work for
escort department (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 2, 2018
good working placed employees are willing to help each other, busy department sometimes difficult to get help on the floors with assisting with the patients
Pros
enjoyable group of people to work with
Cons
sometimes minimal help on floors to transfer patients

Want to know more about St. Clair Hospital?

Ask a question
Okay place
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 30, 2017
The doctors were nice and most of the co-workers. There is no advancement in administrative position and not paid appropriate wage. And employees could only go to doctors under St Clair on their insurance plan.
Pros
Nice Director
Cons
Low pay, no advancement
very nice place to work
At-home Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 3, 2017
I have always enjoyed working for St. Clair. Management in my department is excellent. Ive never had a bad experience in the 9+ years I've been employed there.
Pros
work from home
Cons
sometimes feel out of touch with the hospital environment
great place to work and advance
Director of Nursing Quality until retirement (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 29, 2017
St Clair is a great place to work and advance a career. The expectations and accountability are high at all levels but the resources to achieve goals are available. Continuing Education is recommended and supported.
Pros
Great management team, many opportunities to improve all aspects of work environment.
Cons
Parking is limited and is not free, although the hospital is building a parking garage for staff.
St. Clair Hospital is an excellent place of employment and care.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 16, 2017
I recommend working at St. Clair Hospital to anyone who is interested in working in the medical field. You have to have know your medical information that you learned in school. You also need to have patience whether you are working with patients or hospital staff.

Three people who work at St. Clair Hospital should not be working there because they are breaking the rules and getting away with it. This is unfair to all the other Employees of the hospital who follow the rules at work.

The three of you know who you are and you should resign from your positions and find other jobs but not in a hospital setting.
Pros
One of the best rated hospitals in the USA.
Cons
I was disappointed in how Human Resources handled certain situations.
Nice but stressful job
Safety Sitter (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 12, 2017
St. Clair Hospital has a wonderful, cooperative staff that are compassionate to their patients and are willing to try to help you receive the best experience possible.
Pros
Wonderful Staff, Flexibility for scheduling and vacation
Cons
High stress environment, Parking Issues, breaks are dependent upon availability of staff, very little room for error
HIgh stress, fast paced environment with great staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 7, 2017
Excellent nurses on the floor that make a stressful, fast paced environment easier to manage. Great team work, great nurses. Manager is willing to work with your schedule needs if possible, however it is a floor nursing job so the schedule does rotate, unless you are straight nights, and the 40 hour work week requirement does strap you down to a 4 day minimum week. There are no 3 12 hour day/week positions.
great
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 25, 2017
Very busy job. But the people I worked with made the job great. Everyone worked wonderfully together. We were chronically understaffed but made the best of it through teamwork
Organized and Relaxed atmosphere
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  PGH, PAAugust 11, 2017
Well paced, structured, and organized processes are in place that promote patient and employee safety. Culture of positive and continuous process improvement.
Pros
Free parking
Nice place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15243July 21, 2017
Working with the patients, learning more about cancer and watching the people who was dealing with cancer and how they handle it. The nurses were great with the patients
Pros
Differenct cultures
Cons
The drive
Great hospital, great atmosphere
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 18, 2017
Employed at St Clair from 2008-2009, worked primarily Swing Shift. Awesome employees to work with, loved hospital atmosphere. Great benefits and strong job security.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Clair Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.