St. David's Georgetown Hospital Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
APN Hospitalist, admitting, rounding and discharging patients
APN hospitalist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 20, 2018
great work culture, supportive and inclusive
not all disciplines represented (no NS, ID, or neurology), so hospitalists have to take all cases
Able to transfer to higher level of care as needed though
Pros
good funding mix and strong PCP support for their patients
Cons
Georgetown is 30 minutes from central Austin
taking things away from us that we need, making promises they don't keep, stating "You have a voice" when our suggestions are totally ignored,
RN Medical-Surgical-Telemetry Nurse (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXApril 11, 2018
as above, and add that there is definitely choices based on favoritism, as dedicated work from staff is not rewarded. Budget cut backs take a toll on the med-surg nurse as this is the least favored area by administration
Pros
local hospital, staff known by name
Cons
staff is cut according to a matrix which counts patients as numbers only, not taking into account their level of care.
na
Lead CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMarch 10, 2018
I perfer not filling this section out at this time. I enjoyed working there for a great number of years, but advancement and pay was the initiative to seek other employment.
Enjoyed working with my coworkers
Technologist (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXFebruary 10, 2018
Loved working at the hospital. My coworkers made it a pleasure to come to work. Overall it’s a wonderful place to work.
As far as upper management-I feel like many of the managing directors are not competent in their roles as our superiors, and the departments as a whole reflect it.
The staff feel a lack of direction because they have no proper feedback in certain departments and question daily activities.
I, also, feel like HR doesn’t listen to every side of the story when approached with issues. I think minds are made up before all sides are heard.
Pros
Coworkwers, shift availability, overtime
Cons
Director is incompetent
Great Place to Work
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXNovember 7, 2017
Great atmosphere. Very faced placed office environment. Co-workers were very pleasant to work with due to their laid back personalities. This made for a more relaxed day with the hectic patient schedule and time sensitive documents needing to be filed. The hospital celebrated birthdays and anniversaries for an employee for the particular month they were hired and the month of their birthday where they provided lunch and gift cards.
Pros
Acknowledgement by CEO, celebrate birthdays and anniversaries with lunch at hospital
Cons
Short lunches, small workplace for amount of employees in office
code of conduct
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXOctober 18, 2017
lack of code of conduct for a few employees

employee and director preach about about code of conduct. but do not practice it themselves. very stressful environment
Pros
wonderfull place to help and save lives with compasion.
Cons
patient care "number 1", facility "garage sale on steroinds" OZ land do not look behind the curtain
Great team
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJune 25, 2017
Great team, fast paced rehab unit. Management is supportive. Lots of lifting and mobility. The Physicians are easy to work with. The benefits are excellent.
Patient safety is of utmost priority
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJune 7, 2017
A typical day at work is busy. Workplace culture promotes teamwork. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing patients stablized. I learned time management.
great team support
Patient Access Specialist ER Team Lear (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMarch 19, 2017
This is a Wonderful place to work. Staff support is amazing, but the support from managent is non existent. Pay is wonderful and will keep intrested. Potluxks are great
Pros
good food
Cons
mgr is bad
Fantastic work environment
Surgical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXFebruary 16, 2017
This hospital is dedicated to patient safety, care, and satisfaction. Everything is done to ensure patients and their families are taken care of and satisfied with their results. The physicians are wonderful to work with and have a professional and positive attitude.
Nice coworkers
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJune 8, 2016
Really nice coworkers, but the days were long. And at least for me, I live far away from the hospital and it turned the 12-hour work day into a 14.5-hour day away from home.
Pros
Only work 3 days a week
Cons
Short breaks, long days
Great Small Hospital Environment
Womens Services RN (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMay 12, 2016
Good small town hospital, easy and friendly work environment. It could use a stronger education program. Not the best place for new grads.
Pros
Friendly Management
Cons
Poor Nurse Development Programs
Amazing career building opportunity
Contract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXDecember 1, 2015
The management of the organization was exceptional. It was a perfect job to build my career due to the amount of things I was exposed to and the knowledge I gained. I was exposed to a wide variety of operational tasks and decisions on a daily basis.
Pros
The leadership
Cons
Opportunities for advancement
great workplace!
Cardiac Rehab Internship (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 28, 2015
I really enjoyed this internship, because it was rewarding to work with patient's and watch them improve over the time that I worked with them. I monitored the patient's as they worked out by taking their blood pressure and checking oxygen levels. I also stretched and did free weights with them at the beginning of their workout. I had the opportunity to get to know each patient and their individual goals. It was truly a rewarding experience.
Productive and educational workplace
Radiologic Technologist and Mammographer (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TexasMarch 18, 2015
The job provided me the opportunity to work in Mammography, Diagnostic Radiology, Surgery and Bone Density. I learned a lot while working there.
Rewarding work with a high level of responsibility and stress
nutrition director (Former Employee) –  georgetown, txJanuary 16, 2015
St. David's Healthcare provides excellent patient care with emphasis on compassion and professionalism. St. David's demands a high level of dedication from department directors who are compensated accordingly. Directors are responsible for their departments 24/7 so must continually prepare for the unexpected.
Pros
respected nationwide healthcare organization
Cons
high stress level of department director position
Was a nice place to work.
Lead Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJanuary 3, 2015
-Performed Ultrasounds on all age patients and Huddles.
-Vascular technology.
-Manager was very helpful and intelligent.
-Wonderful co-workers that helped whenever you needed it.
-Being on-call 24/7 for 2 months straight.
-Meeting patients and their families.
Pros
Lead technologist and the physicians knew they could count on me. I had all of their respect.
Cons
Call.
great hospital
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXOctober 3, 2014
I work as a generalist in all areas of the lab chemistry ,hematology ,blood bank .
Pros
lot of training coulter schools and advance chemistry training on deminson
Great place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJanuary 26, 2014
Management is wonderful. Work environment is friendly. Patient
population is great. Patient load is reasonable. Ability to pick up extra hours.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Long hours/nights
Fast Paced Environment
ER Registrar (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXJuly 3, 2012
As patients are triaged into the ER, it is the registrar's responsibility to gather thier demographic and insurance information, to determine payment arangments, and to ensure accuracy.
The doctor's, physician assistants, and nurses are very friendly.
This job can be very demanding at times and you will be given many task to do at once, thats why it is important that you are able to manage time wisely and prioritize.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. David's Georgetown Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

St. David's Georgetown Hospital Reviews by Location