St. David's Medical Center Employee Reviews

nurses work well as a team
Clinical Stroke Program Mgr (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 6, 2018
St. David's team I worked with was supportive, knowledgeable and driven. Nice place to work. Family culture; people generally cared about each other and providing best patient care. Most enjoyable part of my role is educating patients and family about stroke, how to live after a stroke and how to prevent the next even
Pros
great benefits
Cons
work life balance
Love working at St. Davids NAMC
Assist Medical staff (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 4, 2018
co-workers are great, leadership is fair and just, great benefits, opportunity for growth, training as long as you are willing to attended courses, Flexible schedule. great atmosphere.
Excellent Employer
Construction Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 26, 2018
Working at St. David's is a continuing learning experience. The entire staff cares so much about their role in the healthcare arena, that it does make it a special place to be as an employee. There is so much opportunity within the company, that anyone who is offered a position here should take advantage as they can learn so many different aspects of the healthcare industry and how everyone works together in providing an amazing service!
Pros
Annual Raise, Internal Opportunities, Wonderful Co-workers
Cons
Revenue driven, Lay Offs, 401k
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 9, 2018
I worked here for about 6 months before i had to quit to move home to care for my father. The team is friendly, helpful, and respectful. The hospital is the busiest one in the St. David's chain.
Pros
helpful staff, good pay and benefits
Cons
very busy
Not a good place!
PBA-Financial Assistance (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 20, 2018
This place will take your soul. Lack of basic knowledge stemming from the patient access department causing an overflow of unnecessary work for a team of 4 members to handle. Management/Manager do not allow you to voice your opinion on improvement to better the work flow, was told to stop complaining as nothing will change (its been this way for years) and just do what we are told. Co-workers are rude, no communication/people skills (do not even say good morning) No room for advancement, current team lead was recently promoted after 10 year tenure. No Paid holidays, you must use your pto or take the day unpaid. No Vacation time/Sick time, you only earn "PTO" of 5-6 hours per pay period. No overtime allowed. Everyone in the Patient access side is miserable and you can see it in their faces. Company is cheap, they have even cut the budget for business cards and were told to only pass them out if absolutely needed. After several months of back and forth we were able to get a few cases of bottled water (in which the manager asked that we all pitch in several dollars for a case of water)-no sort of incentives given or appreciation shown towards employees. Nothing to learn here other than how to take extreme measures and waste resources to make this hospital some money back. I highly suggest you look elsewhere as this place will make you miserable, all take and no give.
Pros
Lunch time was an hour. cheap cafeteria
Cons
Management, No paid holidays-use your PTO or go unpaid. No overtime offered.
busy facility
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 20, 2018
Coworkers are great. Facility needs updating. Need to work on better pay. They don't match 401k until end of the year. The workers all agree they need to be making more money.
Great Team Work
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 16, 2018
I really enjoyed starting my career at St.David's, the opportunity to grow as a RN was ever present in their emergency room. I had several amazing mentors and a great director that was always willing to help or address any concerns that might arise.
Good place to work only if management would take better care of their employees.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mopac expwy.Austin TxAugust 10, 2017
Nurses,techs highly knowledgeable of their jobs..enjoyed working as a RN on med surg unit..the culture I would say is survey driven with emphasis on pt.satisfaction high scores and not with employee retention..management should treat nurses well as they are the core players to achieve optimum care..if their morale is low they will leave for greener pastures..they have lost a lot of good nurses because of that...
Pros
Good 401 K benefits
Cons
No time to eat of take appropriate breaks..extremely busy.
Great Staff
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2018
Good experience, great people who work there. Get to experience different units by floating to them when needed. Clean hospital. The majority of patients seem to be happy with care. Working nights its rare when you see management.
Pros
great experience, great staff
Cons
lack of training, lack of communication between departments
Registration
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 1, 2017
Continuously doing the redundant and repetitive registration process for every ER patient without receiving any raises, opportunities for advancement, or potential other jobs within the company. Have been working same shift (night shift) since I started and have yet to be given any significant or tangible acknowledgment for the hard work I've contributed.
Great staff, great management
Unit Secretary (Postpartum) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 25, 2017
Enjoyed my experience working at St Davids North Austin Medical Center. Worked with an excellent staff and wonderful management. The compensation, however, was less than acceptable for the amount of work and skill required for the position.
Headache
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 4, 2018
This place don't care about the people that works here,if you good with making 12.00 an hour,short staff all the time,lazy nurses that don't help,than stay away,I left !!!everyone is fake,talk behind your back, short your hours,tax so much out of your money,please don't play yourself, at st.davids !!!!!
Pros
Patient
Cons
Pay sucks
Fun workplace
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 3, 2018
Meeting people from different places and different areas of the hospital I helped take care of employees and patients needs. Supervisors answered question when I needed them. We have a great team. I enjoyed everything about my job
Pros
we had free lunches in cafe
team work
Certified Pharmacy Technician II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 19, 2018
A typical day varies from day to day and i enjoy the challenge. I have learned that everybody has something to bring to the table no matter your background and work experience. Management team is a great bunch of people to work with on a daily bases. The workplace culture is awesome. The hardest part of my job is all the drug shortages. The most enjoyable part of my job is I make a difference in a persons life even though i will never meet them.
Pros
flexible hours
Great Staff!
Imaging Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 26, 2018
The staff at SDMC is great to work with. The management team in Radiology is very supportive of life-work balance. One can always count on their support!
Productive please please to work
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 5, 2018
I will love to work again if want to. Manager is very accommodating and care about their employees safety and well being. The company focus is on patient care.
Productive and team-oriented workplace
Registered Patient Care Technician/Nurse Extern (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 30, 2018
I have loved working for St. David's Medical Center, specifically the neurosciences unit. They have allowed me to become a better nurse and practice my skills in a supportive, team-oriented environment. My patients love this facility as well. The teamwork is second to none. I never feel like I am bothering anyone if I need to ask for help. If I do not know something, there is always a coworker ready and willing to answer my question. Our unit manager and nurse educator are excellent and have helped me grow as a student, a nurse and a healthcare employee. The hardest part of my job is managing a substantial patient load when we have a full census, but my coworkers make even the most hectic day bearable! I can always count on them. The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of camaraderie and the culture of learning on the unit. Asking questions and practicing new skills is encouraged. The staff is accepting of new employees and patient when they are still learning.
Pros
A great cafeteria, a diverse group of patients, always interesting, & fosters learning.
Cons
Short lunch, sometimes understaffed (nursing in general)
Excellent
Charge/Lead Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 5, 2018
This was my all time favorites place to practice Respiratory Care this far. The people are genuinely just great employees and the employees make the facility awesome .
Postpartum
RN (Current Employee) –  North Austin, TXNovember 2, 2018
Working postpartum at this hospital you do mother/baby care. Make sure mom does not bleed out and that baby is fed (in a nut shell that is what the job is about, but it is much harder than that.)
Help one another grow in service of others
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78705March 2, 2018
Cooperative and friendly group from top to bottom. There is a lot of room for growth, and the assistance from management to go to the next level. Based in a hospital, work hours can be tough, however, if you want to work, there's is plenty of opportunity! With a number of employees with multiple years of service, they help guide all through the workplace culture; which can be adjusted to,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. David's Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about