St. David's Medical Center Employee Reviews

Headache
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 4, 2018
This place don't care about the people that works here,if you good with making 12.00 an hour,short staff all the time,lazy nurses that don't help,than stay away,I left !!!everyone is fake,talk behind your back, short your hours,tax so much out of your money,please don't play yourself, at st.davids !!!!!
Pros
Patient
Cons
Pay sucks
Love working at St. Davids NAMC
Assist Medical staff (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 4, 2018
co-workers are great, leadership is fair and just, great benefits, opportunity for growth, training as long as you are willing to attended courses, Flexible schedule. great atmosphere.
Great Team Work
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 16, 2018
I really enjoyed starting my career at St.David's, the opportunity to grow as a RN was ever present in their emergency room. I had several amazing mentors and a great director that was always willing to help or address any concerns that might arise.
nurses work well as a team
Clinical Stroke Program Mgr (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 6, 2018
St. David's team I worked with was supportive, knowledgeable and driven. Nice place to work. Family culture; people generally cared about each other and providing best patient care. Most enjoyable part of my role is educating patients and family about stroke, how to live after a stroke and how to prevent the next even
Pros
great benefits
Cons
work life balance
Great Staff!
Imaging Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 26, 2018
The staff at SDMC is great to work with. The management team in Radiology is very supportive of life-work balance. One can always count on their support!
Great Staff
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2018
Good experience, great people who work there. Get to experience different units by floating to them when needed. Clean hospital. The majority of patients seem to be happy with care. Working nights its rare when you see management.
Pros
great experience, great staff
Cons
lack of training, lack of communication between departments
Wonderful Place to Work
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 17, 2018
Great Place to Work! Very focused on making the employee experience one of the best in Austin. Long tenured employees who are highly engaged in the organization.
N/a
Laboratory Assistant- Full Time Rotating (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 11, 2018
I currently work at this facility. It has put me in a good position thus far. I can see that they really value their culture and values when it comes to patient care.
Na
Front Office Manager/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 11, 2018
They expect for you to change people to be more like yourself, which is impossible when working with adults and that have a set mind. Unprofessional, hardly ever if at all saw the Director and she was more passionate about her business, which I commend and applaud her for having her own business. The extra support would have been nice.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 9, 2018
I worked here for about 6 months before i had to quit to move home to care for my father. The team is friendly, helpful, and respectful. The hospital is the busiest one in the St. David's chain.
Pros
helpful staff, good pay and benefits
Cons
very busy
na
HR BUSINESS PARTNER II (Current Employee) –  Austin, texasJune 8, 2018
Owned by parent company so local decisions are limited. Pay is lagging in most areas and leadership is weak as many managers are fairly new and don't have much prior experience in leadership.
Productive and team-oriented workplace
Registered Patient Care Technician/Nurse Extern (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 30, 2018
I have loved working for St. David's Medical Center, specifically the neurosciences unit. They have allowed me to become a better nurse and practice my skills in a supportive, team-oriented environment. My patients love this facility as well. The teamwork is second to none. I never feel like I am bothering anyone if I need to ask for help. If I do not know something, there is always a coworker ready and willing to answer my question. Our unit manager and nurse educator are excellent and have helped me grow as a student, a nurse and a healthcare employee. The hardest part of my job is managing a substantial patient load when we have a full census, but my coworkers make even the most hectic day bearable! I can always count on them. The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of camaraderie and the culture of learning on the unit. Asking questions and practicing new skills is encouraged. The staff is accepting of new employees and patient when they are still learning.
Pros
A great cafeteria, a diverse group of patients, always interesting, & fosters learning.
Cons
Short lunch, sometimes understaffed (nursing in general)
Terrible company
RN (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78758April 25, 2018
Don't work here!! Busy, understaffed, new graduates with no experience, two faced managers, drama... List goes on. We are supposed to be compassionate to our patients, yet managers have no compassion for employees and their circumstances. Culture of blame. Leaving was the best thing I've done.
Hire too many people for certain jobs
Unit Secretary/Patient Care Tech II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2018
Management is lacking because there's always a turn around. They hire too many people for certain positions and subsequently leave people home on call to use PTO or unpaid.
Pros
rotating schedule
Cons
home on call without pay or use PTO
Great Hospital!
Echocardiographer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 19, 2018
The cardiology department and especially Echocardiography are top notch! I would recommend the Cardiologists and EP doctors to anyone. Great environment to work in!
Everyone always has a smile on their face
Lead case puller (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 19, 2018
Overall, good place to work. The management is good, but could use improvement in organization. Most everyone is always very friendly, but you run into a few bad apples as with any job.
Great Company
Technical Analyst I/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 16, 2018
For 15yrs this has been my 2nd home & enjoyed working every minute of it. There is always something new going on, growing day by day. Really like the open door policy throughout the facility if it is a complaint or a recognition. I have grown to love working here & my coworkers not only are my coworkers but have become my friends/family outside of the work place. Friendly faces if its employees or patients always a very welcoming setting.
Pros
Cafeteria food is awesome (cant say that ablout a lot of other hospitals)
Great hospital to work for
Newborn Hearing Screener (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 27, 2018
I love the atmosphere and the friendly staff at St. David’s Medical Center. Staff is very nice, caring, attentive and helpful. Usually every staff you run into, they have a smile on their face and greet you in a very positive and sweet manner.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 26, 2018
I love working here! Great Teamwork!! Everyone helps out and management is open to suggestions. I would stay here except there is no longer a position available for me.
Excellent Employer
Construction Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 26, 2018
Working at St. David's is a continuing learning experience. The entire staff cares so much about their role in the healthcare arena, that it does make it a special place to be as an employee. There is so much opportunity within the company, that anyone who is offered a position here should take advantage as they can learn so many different aspects of the healthcare industry and how everyone works together in providing an amazing service!
Pros
Annual Raise, Internal Opportunities, Wonderful Co-workers
Cons
Revenue driven, Lay Offs, 401k

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. David's Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

St. David's Medical Center Reviews by Location