St. David's Medical Center Employee Reviews

good
Westminster Food Service Worker for 1 year (Current Employee) –  ausrinMarch 18, 2019
good, excellent, fantastic, great, quality service. The duties were excellent and phenomenal in terms of quality and care. The atmosphere was outstanding.
Productive,Fun And Educational
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  919 E 32nd St, Austin, TX 78705March 11, 2019
Non Typical

So Much

Understanding, Knowledgeable, Compassionate

Values And Behavior, Social And Psychological

As Long As I Was In Compliance With My Job Duties, I Found Nothing Hard.

Pleasing The Patient
Pros
Employee Appreciation Days, Incentives
Cons
Short Lunch Breaks Made It Sort Of Hard To Revamp
There is great team work . Senior leadership is always available to help resolve complicated issues.
Supervisor nursing unit (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 1, 2019
Most of the time we have complicated situations . However the senior leadership is always available to help. We have great team work ,which helps everyone to get through the shift safely.
Great learning hospital
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2019
Love working with St.David’s. Fast paced hospital opportunities everywhere and everyday to learn something new. The nursing staff was encouraging and loved to train and tech when they had the opportunity to do so.
HIM CLERK (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 31, 2019
Phenomenal company! Great atmosphere. Free food. Family oriented. CEO treated everyone the same from janitors to execs. Could have paid a little better.
Unfortunate
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  North Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2019
Where to start....
This company is very poor and there is only 1 thing on their minds. MONEY. I understand that HCA is a for profit company, but when you are working in an environment where it begins to become not safe for your patients or your license, its time to go. There is little to no communication between ER and other units. I never received report while working there. Half the time, I didnt even know why my patient was there. I have NEVER worked somewhere where this is tolerated. Its understaffed and overwhelming. Management is poor at best. They are very inconsistent and unwilling to actually do something to help employees. They talk a big game, but little to no effort is made to actually fix any issues. Discharges are almost embarrassingly too fast and rushed. Management required us to DC a patient (sometimes 4 at a time) in under 1 hour most times because they lose money if they are not gone before a certain time frame. Patients would actually voice feeling "shoved out the door". Once again, we go unheard when we take it to management. I unfortunately will never work for a HCA/ St Davids company again. its really unfortunate, because they have wonderful PCTs and RNs working for them and they could really be "the best in the world", but when you have management that dont really care or the higher ups that also dont really care about anything or anyone but money, you will never have a successful business without happy employees.
Pros
co workers
Cons
everything else
Needs Improvement
Patient Access Registrar (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2019
The Patient Access Department requires management that is more efficient and open to communication. My onboarding was not completed in the required 90 days and I did not receive my benefits for 6 months. This department has an unusually high turnover as employees are underpaid and overworked. There is however a new director that appears to be making changes and hopefully, things will turn around soon for the employees that remain and are newly recruited.
Excellent
Charge/Lead Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 5, 2018
This was my all time favorites place to practice Respiratory Care this far. The people are genuinely just great employees and the employees make the facility awesome .
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 4, 2018
I enjoyed working in the CHF clinic. All of the staff were very nice and were flexible with my schedule at times. Having small children can be difficult with early release and they were able to accompany this.
Pros
fun place
Cons
busy at times
Fun workplace
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 3, 2018
Meeting people from different places and different areas of the hospital I helped take care of employees and patients needs. Supervisors answered question when I needed them. We have a great team. I enjoyed everything about my job
Pros
we had free lunches in cafe
Not a good place!
PBA-Financial Assistance (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 20, 2018
This place will take your soul. Lack of basic knowledge stemming from the patient access department causing an overflow of unnecessary work for a team of 4 members to handle. Management/Manager do not allow you to voice your opinion on improvement to better the work flow, was told to stop complaining as nothing will change (its been this way for years) and just do what we are told. Co-workers are rude, no communication/people skills (do not even say good morning) No room for advancement, current team lead was recently promoted after 10 year tenure. No Paid holidays, you must use your pto or take the day unpaid. No Vacation time/Sick time, you only earn "PTO" of 5-6 hours per pay period. No overtime allowed. Everyone in the Patient access side is miserable and you can see it in their faces. Company is cheap, they have even cut the budget for business cards and were told to only pass them out if absolutely needed. After several months of back and forth we were able to get a few cases of bottled water (in which the manager asked that we all pitch in several dollars for a case of water)-no sort of incentives given or appreciation shown towards employees. Nothing to learn here other than how to take extreme measures and waste resources to make this hospital some money back. I highly suggest you look elsewhere as this place will make you miserable, all take and no give.
Pros
Lunch time was an hour. cheap cafeteria
Cons
Management, No paid holidays-use your PTO or go unpaid. No overtime offered.
Productive please please to work
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 5, 2018
I will love to work again if want to. Manager is very accommodating and care about their employees safety and well being. The company focus is on patient care.
Postpartum
RN (Current Employee) –  North Austin, TXNovember 2, 2018
Working postpartum at this hospital you do mother/baby care. Make sure mom does not bleed out and that baby is fed (in a nut shell that is what the job is about, but it is much harder than that.)
Headache
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 4, 2018
This place don't care about the people that works here,if you good with making 12.00 an hour,short staff all the time,lazy nurses that don't help,than stay away,I left !!!everyone is fake,talk behind your back, short your hours,tax so much out of your money,please don't play yourself, at st.davids !!!!!
Pros
Patient
Cons
Pay sucks
Love working at St. Davids NAMC
Assist Medical staff (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 4, 2018
co-workers are great, leadership is fair and just, great benefits, opportunity for growth, training as long as you are willing to attended courses, Flexible schedule. great atmosphere.
It is a good company to work at.
Medical Surgical Float Pool RN (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 4, 2018
It is a good company to work at. Staff are very friendly and management is approachable. The company provides a variety of opportunities for staff to learn and grow.
Fair and Challenging place to work as a Dedicated Nurse.
One Call Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 26, 2018
Floor nursing is challenging but doable, as the Charge Nurses have been approachable and helpful. Nurse to patient ratio's are fair. Coworkers are cool and helpful.
Great Team Work
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 16, 2018
I really enjoyed starting my career at St.David's, the opportunity to grow as a RN was ever present in their emergency room. I had several amazing mentors and a great director that was always willing to help or address any concerns that might arise.
nurses work well as a team
Clinical Stroke Program Mgr (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 6, 2018
St. David's team I worked with was supportive, knowledgeable and driven. Nice place to work. Family culture; people generally cared about each other and providing best patient care. Most enjoyable part of my role is educating patients and family about stroke, how to live after a stroke and how to prevent the next even
Pros
great benefits
Cons
work life balance
Great Staff!
Imaging Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 26, 2018
The staff at SDMC is great to work with. The management team in Radiology is very supportive of life-work balance. One can always count on their support!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. David's Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.