St. David's Medical Center Employee Reviews for Patient Care Technician

Enjoy this company
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 20, 2019
I really enjoy the culture of this company, fist place I’ve worked and not had a million complaints about! The people are all so kind. I wish we had 8 hour shifts to kind of off set finding child care as a PCT since we really don’t make a huge sum of money.
Great place to collect a paycheck.
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 15, 2019
As long as you are a nurse you can pretty much work your way into any position in the company. If you aren't a nurse be prepared to be stuck in the position you were hired into.
Pros
Awesome management
Cons
Little to no advancement
St. David’s is a good place to work for. They care about their patients and employees
PCT II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 9, 2019
I loved working for St. David’s . The employees work together like a family. We all done our jobs with care and compassion. It’s one of the best rehabilitation centers in United States.
Pros
Medical & dental insurance
Great learning hospital
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2019
Love working with St.David’s. Fast paced hospital opportunities everywhere and everyday to learn something new. The nursing staff was encouraging and loved to train and tech when they had the opportunity to do so.
Too laborious
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 4, 2019
The hospital is always short staffed and most employees aren't willing to help their coworkers. Management likes to micromanage.
The work for a tech is extremely back breaking. I worked on the oncology floor and the only good thing was we occasionally got free meals catered by drug reps.
Pros
Occasional food catered
Cons
Laborious
fun co workers
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 26, 2018
The culture at st. davids network seems to be only focused on economic gain and neglects the well being of their employees. Everyone is in survival mode and most days we are all over worked and under appreciated. uper management seems to tell us what we do wrong ,but never tells us what we are doing right.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
pay is way below the national average
Work Hard but easily replaced
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 20, 2018
You will work and have the opportunity for a ton of hours but will have to work OT to survive in Austin. The people in the department are very young and make for a fun family environment but the patient population can be hard and rough.
Very bad hospital and employer
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 26, 2018
This hospital cuts corners on patient care and does not care about its medical staff you are short staffed and expected to give mediocre dmedical care to compensate for shortage
Productive and team-oriented workplace
Registered Patient Care Technician/Nurse Extern (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 30, 2018
I have loved working for St. David's Medical Center, specifically the neurosciences unit. They have allowed me to become a better nurse and practice my skills in a supportive, team-oriented environment. My patients love this facility as well. The teamwork is second to none. I never feel like I am bothering anyone if I need to ask for help. If I do not know something, there is always a coworker ready and willing to answer my question. Our unit manager and nurse educator are excellent and have helped me grow as a student, a nurse and a healthcare employee. The hardest part of my job is managing a substantial patient load when we have a full census, but my coworkers make even the most hectic day bearable! I can always count on them. The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of camaraderie and the culture of learning on the unit. Asking questions and practicing new skills is encouraged. The staff is accepting of new employees and patient when they are still learning.
Pros
A great cafeteria, a diverse group of patients, always interesting, & fosters learning.
Cons
Short lunch, sometimes understaffed (nursing in general)
Great Experience
Certified Nurse Assistant, Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 13, 2017
This was a great work atmosphere. Great experience for me. They paid for my CNA class. I loved my experience with the staff as well as the patients. Unfortunately it was not the right time for me when I was employed here. Personal issues at the time forced me to seek higher pay so that is the only reason I left. I would work there again if I lived in the area.
High Stress and Long Hours
Unit Clerk/ Patient Care Technician/ Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 11, 2017
If you are a masochist, work here. Really though, long hours. Great benefits. Stressful work environment. The HR department is a total disaster. Good luck advancing even if you are qualified.
Excellent Employer
Patient Care Technician II / Med/Surg (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 17, 2017
Excellent Employer. Nice, caring staff and management in all departments. Both patients and employees are treated like gold. I have been a patient and an employee at this company and have always been treated exceptionally.
Pros
Caring
Cons
Buffet of hours,always short-staffed, select of favorites
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXNovember 16, 2017
Management staffing is rough.They just always have new management. I was employed there 15 months and they went through 3 directors for our floor. The staff to work with for the most part are nice. JUST DO YOUR WORK and everyone you work with is pretty cool.
Pros
hours galore!!
Cons
Not enough money for all the hours worked.
Workplace life
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 7, 2017
Like anywhere else, some nurses were kind and some weren't.
You just have to be mindful that there's a lot of tasks but no time to do as a patient care technician.
Hard job, very stressful
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXOctober 1, 2017
Management has no idea how hard this job really is. Most supervisors just want a warm body to fill a spot. All anybody cares about is will you be able to make it into work,no compassion.
Pros
Cons
Heavy work and not enough workers
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2017
Great patient care. Opportunities to grow. Great health benefits. Decent flexibility for school and life. Great co-workers. Great doctors and great patient care
Fun hard working team
PCT II (Current Employee) –  North austin medical centerSeptember 21, 2017
Very hard working team involve who deserve bonus some time- great construction views great people.but short staffing happen a lot. Great doctor. Future best competitive hospital for adult and minor pediatric facility. Room to grow. A lots of upgrading... in & out. Unit set up great. Charge nurse best knowledgeable. PCT are auwsome. Nurses are very hard working travel nurse are the best!!!
Pros
Badge access to your account use @ the cafe
Cons
Short Staffing
Very organized and professional
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 25, 2017
I've been working here a year and it's been the best experience that I've had in a long time and I would like to continue working here for years to come.
Pros
Discount on meals
Cons
Get put on call to often
Needs teamwork
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 25, 2017
Low moral, little teamwork, employees always leaving, lots of traveling nurses, management changes frequently, lots of negativity, overworked and underpaid.
Pct
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 23, 2017
I love St david's medical center, awesome job culture, they really show the implementation of of all their values! i love the the staff, nurses!!!!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. David's Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

St. David's Medical Center Reviews by Location