St. Davids North Austin Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ungrateful, Impersonal Management
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 11, 2019
A very cold and unwelcoming environment to work in. I have been involved with this facility for more than a decade and still treated like an unwelcome stranger while often performing my duties without any reimbursement.
Pros
Great doctors. Beautiful facility.
Cons
As above
Na
Cardiac Sonographer PRN (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 9, 2019
I Enjoyed working for St. David's
Worked for them for eight years, quit for a while then went back to work for them again for a year before I moved.
I would work for them again if I had the opportunity.
Reviewed
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 24, 2018
The most financially successful companies in Central Texas, if not all of Texas. Nationally ranked as one of the best companies, awesome technology, top surgeons.....

DOES NOT REFLECT IN EMPLOYEES SALARIES.
Pros
Job security, good departmental coworkers.
Cons
Management/Leadership, Pay
Fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 4, 2018
I enjoyed working at north austin medical center many years ago. It has grown since I have been there. I live south now and would not be able to work there anymore
great place to work
Unit Clerk/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 3, 2018
working with the best staff and coworkers it's family oriented and great to know even though I am not working as an employee there, the care was always great. I recomment NAMC to anyone
Pros
great environment
Cons
pay
fun co workers
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 26, 2018
The culture at st. davids network seems to be only focused on economic gain and neglects the well being of their employees. Everyone is in survival mode and most days we are all over worked and under appreciated. uper management seems to tell us what we do wrong ,but never tells us what we are doing right.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
pay is way below the national average
Great place
Pharmacist Staff (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXOctober 11, 2018
I havent worked at this hospital in a long while but during the time i was there up until I left they were undergoing extensive construction which was intended to make it a more operationally friendly environment. I enjoyed my time
Enjoyable work enviroment
Accounting Clerk II-Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 23, 2018
Great team work and the opportunity to advance within the department and to transfer to different departments. Wonderful café with discounts for employees.
Pros
Great team enviroment
Cons
Job consolidation
Namc
Newborn Hearing Screener (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 20, 2018
Working here is amazing, they really care about their employees. Theres alot of benefits they give to employees. They always are understanding to employees needs.
I decline to give a review of this company
Lead Patient Care Tech./Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 25, 2018
Overall, this was not a pleasant work experience for me. The hours were not optimal, management was hit or miss (depending on which unit you were assigned to).
Great team and team leader
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 29, 2018
Great team member, love working with them. Amazing team leader who tries to accommodate each and every team member's needs. Great place to increase your skills.
Healthcare Administration Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 13, 2018
Staff is good. The facility is huge and clean. But there is no structure in my department. Management struggles every day to get staff to work each shift. My department is always under staffed
Pros
Great facility
Cons
Low pay
Its okay
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 7, 2018
When I started here it was a dream, however over the years, benefits have decreased, there is no room for professional growth, the pay is about $10k less on average for the positions that I know of, when these items are brought up with management it gets discussed but nothing ever changes.
Pros
schedule flexibility/location
Cons
pay/growth/toxic management
Poor Management
Patient Access/Registrar (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 3, 2018
Managers are not able to manage according to need, and are not given adequate tools or staff. Shifts work short handed regularly. Registrars are expected to maintain specific collection requirements, but are not given the equipment in order to do so. Equipment is in need of maintenance,
Excellent place to work, Manager was great
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2018
I had to relocate due to family or I never would have left NAMC. From the day I started it was a great place to work, they were true to their mission statement, and they truly care about patients as well as employees.
Pros
Many
Cons
this place is falling apart
Surgical Technician in SPD (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 30, 2017
This hospital is badly maintained and managed. The staff upstairs constantly send down sharps and ripped biohazard bags increasing staff risk. Complaints are noted and ignored. The washers and sterilization equipment breaks down weekly and is very slow to repair. We were all given cloth gloves to remove scalding hot items from washers, once these gloves get wet it soaks up and will continue to burn your skin until you throw them off.
The entire system is bogged down in outdated computer equipment and double work hand writing to compensate for the administration not utilizing a more modern system.
Management seems unavailable and disorganized, frankly its a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Pros
ice cream on Friday
Cons
everything else
exceptional Care is only relevant to paying patients
Imaging Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 20, 2017
You are just an employee who can and will be replaced with cheaper and sponsorship jobseekers from around the globe. The most corrupt corporations that goes out of their way to blackball employees from transferring or promotion.
Pros
Learn the cutthroat side of business
Cons
If you never had an anxiety disorder before you will for sure have one after!
Fast paced
Registered Therapist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX 78758December 15, 2017
North Austin Medical Center is a great place to work if you like fast pace. The management is great and they take the time to listen to your concerns.
Great Experience
Certified Nurse Assistant, Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 13, 2017
This was a great work atmosphere. Great experience for me. They paid for my CNA class. I loved my experience with the staff as well as the patients. Unfortunately it was not the right time for me when I was employed here. Personal issues at the time forced me to seek higher pay so that is the only reason I left. I would work there again if I lived in the area.
loved working here!!!
UNIT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 11, 2017
I worked in the NICU as a Unit Clerk. Wish I never had to leave. The staff is great and very helpful. The manager is awesome and very understanding. If I could go back now, I would with no hesitation!