St. Dominic Hospital Employee Reviews

Flee for your life
Former rn (Former Employee) –  FloatpoolNovember 25, 2018
I was employed for 6 years. Injured on the job. Workman’s comp for 12 weeks, was not 100% when I returned. My manager was replaced while I was out. Made that known to new management, who agreed that I could work my minimum PRN shifts. My 3rd shift back I made a med error that I reported to my manager. Was called in for a conference, was expecting to have a write up, since the manager told me that, met with the manager and 2 DON’s. The DON over the icu’s shredded me, calling me a lier. They waited a week to fire me. I was unprepared to face 2 directors after my 12 hour shift. While I was out for surgery, called benefits about my insurance, which I was eligible for because of the number of hours worked, I was told that it would be seen to that I would not ever get the insurance again. 25 long term managers have left in the last couple of years because of the treacherous upper management. Managers back stab other managers, this is no longer a Christian atmosphere. The staff is backstabbing and there’s little teamwork. I hope the new owners bring the hospital back to what it was when the nuns ran the hospital
Don't work here.
Couldn't do what I was hired to do. (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 1, 2018
You will be convinced as you walk through the doors that you are going to help make a change, but you quickly find out you are hired to just say yes and do the same old things that top executives want you to do...that are running this hospital into the ground.

Politics rule here, not what will keep the business thriving.
Wow
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 15, 2018
ST DOMONOC is a great place to work it was one of my favorite places to work and every patient knew me by name I really missed working for ST DOMONIC IT WAS GREAT
Great people
File Clerk/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 15, 2018
People there can be very rude and the work space is very busy and stressful at times. Pay is very low but the company wants you to be extremely professional and expects a lot but hates to pay a fair salary.
Pros
Free lunch from company
Cons
Low salary
Good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 9, 2018
The workplace environment was great. Everyone worked together which caused the day to go by. Only thing is they are on point system and it sucks......
great place to work
Medical Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 5, 2018
fast pace, must pay attention and be alert in your work area...the work environment is very friendly and I feel as if my coworkers are my extended family..
Loved St D
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 29, 2018
This organization was driven by high standards of integrity. Senior management was honest, sincere , and open to all employees. I loved working there and wish I had never left. They offered me so many opportunities for professional growth! Best senior management staff I have ever worked with !
Pros
Everything-
Wasn't what I expected.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 25, 2018
The nurses are lazy! Have to walk way across the street through the skywalk to get to work because you can't actually park on the premises. The only thing good about this place is the days off when you work 12hr shifts. The pay wasn't all that good considering all the work and charting.
Pros
Co worker's
Cons
Lazy nurse's, changing your whole identity, parking.
fast paced environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 20, 2018
Making sure your patients are taking care of and have everything that they need to get better and return home. Giving medications correctly is key. take your time and listen to the patient about their wants and needs as it is important to them also.
Pros
the schedule
Cons
the drive, the not getting down time for break or lunch
Case Management
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  WestSeptember 12, 2018
Care management was a very high school department. Grown people still being in cliques are foolish. What time your eating, wanting to sit together and talk about different providers, your outcast if you do not fall in line.
Pros
Job security
Cons
On call and weekend rotation
Working at St. Dominic is a great
Food Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 7, 2018
Very nice place to work. I love the employees...wish we had longer break times and better insurance. I would like to retire from this company but i need more pay
Pros
Very friendly place of business
Cons
Only a 30 min break
Not a place to work
Coding Specialist III (Former Employee) –  home based, msSeptember 3, 2018
Chairs falling apart and mgmt. will not replace, poor benefits, leadership does not engage and ignores staff needs. Cafeteria is horrible. Many of the staff have o education so cannot effectively provide support. No venue to express grievances - senior management not at all connected to staff.
Good environment
Ward Clerk - ICU Unit - Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 30, 2018
The hospital is in a convenient location. The atmosphere was good and I liked the employees. I did volunteer work and wanted to eventually find employment there.
Enjoy working here
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 23, 2018
typically understaffed not every employee giving 100% due to team leader/management, when managers/leaders are nice & considerate towards the staff the people are more willing to help ease the load when there is a shortage of team players. The hardest part of the job is communication and people not being held accountable for their role in the workforce. The most enjoyable part of the job would be encountering new people on a daily basis.
Pros
programs that help with employees in their personal life
Cons
unequal pay for doing the same job as fellow coworkers
great place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 21, 2018
I love working here , it been 5 years now and everything has been great , the pay is great. I work with a great set of nurses, it nothing but great teamwork on our floor.
Overall a good jobs just needed to upgrade the pay.
Assisting Angels (Current Employee) –  Richland, MSAugust 15, 2018
Low pay for what the job's responsibilities were.I enjoyed the atmosphere and my clients I was taken care of. I learn a lot on the job.My manager at the time was not so fair with her employees so it made the job a lot harder to work
Pros
I love the people and patients there.
Cons
Salary was not enough to live off comfortable.
Good job
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 31, 2018
Keep to yourself, everyones business travels fast. Big on gossip
Good benefits, low moral, loved working with the patients. Nursing staff gets a way with alot as well as doctors. Stay to self
Pros
Lunch credits that come out your check
Cons
Messy
Love St. Dominic
Registered Nurse, Charge (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 22, 2018
Great place to work, structured and cohesive administration, competent and caring staff. I have worked at St. Dominic for 12 years and my goal is management and eventually director of nursing.
Pros
great retirement plan
Cons
minor issues with certain staff members progressing forward
Lab Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MS 39216July 11, 2018
At St. Dominic's the atmosphere was really nice and everyone was very helpful. The employees worked together to give the best patient care possible. Management was great. The hardest part of the job were seeing the patients at their worst, but the best part was seeing them get better when they received the care and help they needed.
Top Healthcare Provider in the State of MS
Computer Tomography Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 7, 2018
St. Dominic Hospital is the Best Healthcare provider in the State of Mississippi. Their leadership is outstanding and the physician engagement is second to none.
Pros
Benefits and culture
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Dominic Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Dominic Hospital Reviews by Location