St. Dominic Hospital
64Average

St. Dominic Hospital Employee Reviews

United States197 reviews
Wonderful place to work and grow as a therapist.
Great place to work. Work schedule was almost catered to me and my life style at moment. Had to share all holidays equally. Lots of upto date equipment with state of the art therapy modalities.
productive
doing the latter part of my employment management was not up to par and our voices/complaints went unheard. the dismissal of our department was unfortunate and was a shocking surprise for all.
Friendly atmosphere with schedule flexibility for student nurses.
Working while in nursing school, this position allows nurse techs the opportunity to learn from experienced coworkers. The pay isn’t as good as some facilities offer, however the skills learned make up for the pay.
Goodjust
It was a nice friendly job work multiple different shifts always there on timei everyone was respectful i was afraid when they sold out and benefits and hours changed so i just decided to move on.
Overall Productive
A typical day at work was fair. I learned that working for this organization was beneficial for my career. Management was fair. The work culture was overall a learning experience for everyone. The hardest part of the job was seeing the patience in pain. The most enjoyable part was working with patients.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
A hospital I really enjoy working at
Nice place to work, fair pay, flexible hours, plenty of staff and equipment, not saying that there’s no drama or little cliques, that’s just part of hospital life, just go with the flow and step around ant pil
Pros
Good pay, flexible hours, staffed accordingly, no shortage of supplies
Cons
Can be a rigid environment, with their rules, but, overall a nice place to work
Learning new things everyday
The people are very friendly and helpful in any way they can be. The management seems to be under considerable stress to get more work done with less people.
Rn er
Very difficult work environment Management allows and participated in cliques Never came in and worked a shift when dangerously short staffed Passed up eligible and capable people for advancements and promoted inexperienced people to positions Very little education or training updates.Very disappointing.
Pros
Supportive MD’s. Technology sound
Cons
Lack of staff discipline or values. Poor overall bedside ethic
It is family friendly
I enjoyed working at St.Dominic because it made you feel like you where important part of a team,I liked how people work together to achieve one goal and that goal was to give the better care to the patient.
Great place to work. I loved working there. I made many friends and learned a lot. Work could be a bit intense at times but it was overall a great place to work
Diversity
I am ex employee due to relocation. The best place I ever worked at. There is diversity and inclusion. The pay is compatible. They offer matching 401K plan. Work hours are flexible. They offered daycare during work hours.
I give it 100
I really like working there, because it is a good environment to work at.The Mangerment , Supervisors, Crew Leader, treat you with respect good place.
n/a
It's a normal job like any other job. I've learned a lot. Management is okay. Everyone gets along. The hardest part about the job is nothing. The most enjoyable thing about the job is everything
Profoundly gifted custodian with more than 20 years of service.
Responsible for the cleanliness of room occupied by patients and maintaing the appearance and sanitation of all areas in the hospital and ensuring that they are not contaminated...
Best thing about working at St D they show they appreciate you and the work you do. Ilove my jod really don't have anything bad to say
Since I been at St D The managers always showed me they appreciated the work i do If I ever need anything they always came through love it good place
General care
Safe work environments lead to healthier workers, higher worker morale, and increased productivity. Workplace cleanup and maintenance, including worker training, will ensure better control over tools and materials as well as the inventory of supplies. Tidy and clean work areas allow for more effective use of space.
extra pay for shortage
I love how St. Dominic paid their nurses extra to come in to work a critical shortage day. I like how St. Dominic was not afraid to train new nurses on whatever flow they choose to work on.
Stay to yourself and do your job expeditiously. The favoritisms is real and management prioritizes in personal favorites. You have to be in the click to be consider someone and included . They will set you up for failure purposefully.
Under new management
I started in 2005 on a medical surgical floor. We eventually moved to a newer and updated medical floor. I then transferred to an infusion clinic that was varied in medications given.
Great Christian-centered work environment
Learned a lot working here. Collaborative work environment. Opportunities to get involved in community. Family friendly. Good work-life balance for leaders.
Great experience
A great place to work together and meet new people it's a great environment the staff I've met over the years has been awesome never a full moment just a great overall place
Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Dominic Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.