St. Dominic Village Employee Reviews

Featured review
St. Dominic Village selected this as a representative review
St. Dominic
License Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2018
St. Dominic is a great to work with wonderful Doctors rounding there and a great rehabilitation department. The unit managers should be replaced to have a much more pleasant work environment.
Pros
Cons
Horrible unit managers
Low pay. Twelve hour shifts.
Nurse Aide/Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2018
No room for advancement. Tax bonus checks. Backstabbing coworkers. Management does not stand up for employees. 2007-2008, pay rate went up to $8.00. Was making $6.90 in 2005. Station 3 and 4, and the Assisted Living only have 8 hour shifts. Patients load are heavy. Medication Aide stealing patients Narcotics. Have more to say, but I must not stop.
Pros
No free lunches. Dietary take food out of freezer on weekend and cook meat for friends and family.
Cons
Plenty of overtime
May 18, 2018

There are many criteria we look at when hiring...experiences, how long certified, etc. We pay comparative rates with other facilities in the market.

Throughout the year we provide free lunches/dinners via cookouts, pizza parties, food trucks, cookies, treats, monthly birthday/anniversary celebration, etc.

okay
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2018
Providing skilled nursing home care to the Missouri City community. At Windsor Quail Valley Post-Acute Healthcare our residents come first. Maintaining quality of life through skilled nursing and rehabilitation is what makes us proud. Wound Care, IV Therapy and an in-house rehabilitation team are a few select services that
only thing good about this place is the residents
CNA (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 8, 2017
This is the worse place that i ever worked .Management is terrible and hide things that should be reported but treat employees like criminals . If you vale your license this is not the place to work ,Management is very disrespectful and play games with your schedule if they get upset with you. No where near a clean place especially health care .it is infested
Pros
loved the residents
Cons
being over worked, under paid, disrespectful management
December 15, 2017

Upon acceptance of employment all staff are given the opportunity to work as full-time, part-time or PRN. We schedule our employees according to census & staffing/residents needs and we adhere to States regulations. We maintain a clean environment for residents & staff on a daily basis. Management values all employees and residents. We have several long term employees of over 30 years.

Working as a Dietary Manager and Registered Diet Tech for the residents was an interesting and rewarding job experience.
Registered Diet Tech / Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2017
A typical day started very early in the day by getting the kitchen up and running with breakfast. My job entailed performing nutritional assessments on 130+ residents in the Nursing Home. I also did some nutritional counseling referring all dietetic issues to a Registered Dietitian. I had 10 employees that I supervised in running the kitchen.
great place
Accounts Payable/ Front Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2017
there is a lot of potential here they have village of different types for elderly to be placed the Independent living, assisted living, nursing home and priest wing and nuns wing. They have great benefits also.The staff are ll friendly.
easy work/ management poor
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2017
Became very stressful trying to assist the manager. hard time with management with following the company handbook. Human Resource changing rules as the days go by
Pros
dress code simple
Cons
medical center traffic
April 11, 2017

SDV personnel policies are reviewed and revised as needed on an ongoing basis to ensure they meet the needs of SDV and its employees.

teamwork
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job was working with a great team which made the job fun and less stressed and out residents happy.
Pros
benefits, hours, overtime
Cons
broken equipment, no support with management
Work Day
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2015
Patient chart set up for clinic day, Room patients, Assess vital signs, 12 Lead EKG if applicable, assist MD during patient visit, Schedule tests ordered if applicable, Medication administration, Assist patient back to lobby
Pros
Patient interaction
Cons
Away from home due to Hurricane Katrina
nurses beware, poor care
LVN (Former Employee) –  houston txMarch 8, 2015
The place is an older building, the residents and longer term staff who have been there a while makes it a place with potential. HOWEVER from caring nurse to caring nurse it is a black pit in which you can kiss your license goodbye. Units 3 and 4 are safe, managed and often referred to as "quiet". Units 1 and 2 are nightmares; wound issues, incontin pt not being changed by CNAs, daily care not being completed by CNAs, tubing not being changed, important legal/medical documents not in order, no crash cart (yes i said it!) no supplies, lack of team work, lack of management, lack of professionalism. wokers show up whenever they please in the mornings. L-A-Z-Y nursing, I wouldnt take a dog there for rehab. Despit this posted be so negative I was an employee how left in good terms after a very short say with the company, I am not a disgruntled worker, I am a resident advocate first and refused to drop to the poor standards they embrace amoung management, they know it is wrong but continue to look The other way. Also there where ruin of nurse's vehicle getting vandalized in the pasted by upset CNAS because they where corrected in regards to thier poor resident care. And given the attitude of some of the CNAs on units 1 and 2 I would believe then to be true, personal.
Pros
I didn't loose my license while working there by the grace of God
Cons
low pay, horrible pt care, bad attitudes from staff.
Wonderful
Certified Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 7, 2013
Close to medical center and highway 288. Easy access to any route and large facility.
super stressful work environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2013
my first experience as a Certified nursing assistant and by far my worst.
Pros
n/a
Cons
to many to list
Try to forget my 18 year there
Med Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2013
N o morals or values this company has no policy in place that they follow treat their employee like their at the bottom of the barrel no repect.. Enough said thank you
Pros
A job
Cons
Stress
Excellence in achieving compassionate care-giving to deserving seniors.
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2013
Care-givers and Administrative Staff meet the challenge of providing exceptional care and attention to seniors who are independent but no longer wish to live alone and who either require some assistance or 24 hour continuous care. St. Dominic Village treats each resident individually paying close attention to their physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. A typical day demands patience, a sense of humor, a listening ear and sensitivity to patient's needs. More than a decade of service has taught me how to embrace life's fragilities, beauty, strength and hope. From management to maintenance, employees at St. Dominic Village are humble, introspective, and dedicated to servicing our elder community members. The hardest part of the job is letting go and the most enjoyable part of the job is holding ourselves accountable to sustain the health, happiness, and longevity of each resident at St. Dominic Village.
Pros
Providing award-winning service
Cons
Saying goodbye
Average
Certified Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2013
Learn a lot of entry-level nurse aid experience. You will have the opportunity to exercise your nurse aid skills in a geriatric setting.
benefits
Cons
long work hours
Family and Christian base oriented
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 12, 2013
Its an ok company, it christain based non profit compay, friendly cowokers
Was laid back until certain people was hired
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2012
They have clicks that some nurse look out for and when you tell management about it they dont do nothing. They dont care about their CNA or residents only the nurses.
Pros
laid back
Cons
healthcare coverage
Good workplace
CNA (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2012
My review is everything is okay the people are great, but very little staff.
Pros
good people to with
Cons
not enough staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Dominic Village. Our community is ready to answer.

St. Dominic Village Reviews by Location