St. Edward's University Employee Review

View all St. Edward's University reviews

Fun workplace and helpful and considerate staff members
Office Assistant/Front Desk Worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 26, 2014
Since I was on work study, staff members and management team were very flexible and considerate. Everyday I provided administrative support to seven staff members and career counselors. I helped by answering phone calls, managed calendars and scheduled appointments. I assisted students, employers, faculty staff, and visitors with questions regarding office services like workshops, resume editing, career counseling, interviewing skills. I also, updated event calendar and maintained department’s website to post new employers and jobs and/or details regarding upcoming events.
Pros
Joyful atmosphere, access to career planning events
Cons
Few work hours

Other St. Edward's University Employee Reviews

Don't adjunct!
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 7, 2018
Adjuncting is rough. My immediate departmental supervisors were great: supportive and helpful in all ways. And there is a whole adjuncting machine at St. Edward's. But it's a completely exploitative system. The administration hires people with advanced degrees for just thousands of dollars per course to shore up their other programs. Not a good deal if you're supplementing your pay with food stampls in order to feed your kids.
Great place to work when you're a student
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 18, 2018
Great place to work over the summer for an internship. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH - I was a student at SEU and the professors are great and people there are great as well.