St. Elizabeth Healthcare Employee Reviews

If you’re seeking employment within a company that respects you Avoid this one.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYApril 16, 2019
Was a Patient Service Rep for the Podiatrist group. Office mgr unprofessional, petty. PTO denials, she invaded my HIPA rights she’s still there! When office short staffed employees unable too use PTO on order too see their own physician.
Pros
Patient interaction
Cons
Micro management
Good Place to work, not many opportunities to move up without a degree.
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, KYMarch 24, 2019
I would recommend a job here if you plan on going into healthcare. But only if you were going for a degree in something relatable. Without a degree there just aren't many opportunities to move up and make a better living.
Fast pace yet exciting workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYMarch 12, 2019
I enjoyed working at St. Elizabeth because I was able to interact with the people of the community. I also liked that everyone stayed busy throughout the day.
The management is very laid back but stern when they need to be. St Elizabeth is a great work environment and I would recommend it to anyone!
Pros
Had the opportunity to work with great people
Cons
Very hard to take your pto time
REGISTERED VASCULAR TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, KYMarch 10, 2019
St Elizabeth has been a great place to work. It feels like the current CEO really cares about his employees. The management (at least for the department I work for) also seems to care about their employees and values our feedback.
The most difficult part of the job is having to accomodate all STAT add ons despite our hectic schedule (though the accomodating of patients increases our patient satisfaction)
Pros
great benfits, great management
Compensation
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ft. Thomas, KYMarch 6, 2019
Compensation package needs improvement. Floor nurses struggle to complete tasks in the allotted shift time. Training program is very good. Big focus on SIM lab. Training opportunities are plentiful.
Na
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Thomas, KYJanuary 7, 2019
St Elizabeth is a good company to work for. Their values reflect values of my own and for the most part I feel as if they follow those values or try to.
Do not work there
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Edgewood and Florence,KYDecember 28, 2018
Small and petty people working there very cutthroat environment,I have never worked around so many people that I felt were truly evil,never had any issues with any doctors just the Nurses and the people in the Patient Transport Dept and the HR Dept ....the hospital would spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on art and I found out the hospital has to constantly construct additions and buildings they don't really need so they can get money from the state....one of the worst places I have ever worked.
Pros
Doing my part to help sick and injured people
Cons
Having to deal with the Nurses, HR dept and the patient transporters.
Fast paced, but relaxed environment
Recreation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYDecember 20, 2018
St. E was a great company to work for and was very competitive in terms of wages, benefits, and offered many other perks to staff. Easy to transfer into other positions depending on your role.
Pros
Benefits, discounts, fairly flexible
Cons
Open 24/7/365 days a year
Fun place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Thomas, KYNovember 29, 2018
Fun place to work. They aren't really flexible with schedules. They don't have paid maternity leave. It's hard to work there when you're sick and if you call off, you're looked down on.
awesome place to work and great people
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, KYNovember 24, 2018
work day is pretty standard. in the mornings you have you daily routine of things. time flies while at work. you work with a great group of nurses, aids, and managers. the culture is great and haven't meet one bad person.
Horrible Place to Work
Clinical Scientist (Current Employee) –  LaboratoryNovember 21, 2018
Micromanagement is their specialty; i.e. you will never see your manager unless you are in trouble.

Their claim to micromanage is actually written into their Culture Statement "I-CARE" (formerly WE-CARE)-- which is literally a full paragraph supporting each letter of the word. Teamwork does not exist as a supporting character, which is why it was changed from I to WE. Every supporting statement is code for "do it yourself, do not involve management".

Horrible, cut-throat environment. Atrocious Administration. They only communicate with one another through email, so you will receive a ton of it. Oppressive.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Vacation time requests are frequently denied. Unprofessional.
Paid less then coworkers and given more responsibility
Clinical Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, KYNovember 8, 2018
I worked for St. Elizabeth for 10 years. I worked by way from being a transporter to being a lead ED technician. At the time I was getting paid less than my coworkers. When asked for a raise, several times, two things were pointed out to me that I didn't have enough experience and that I hurt myself by starting as a transporter. They stated the only way I could get a raise was to quit and reapply for my job with no guarantee I would get my position back. So, I played their game, I took a job in the laundry department and made $2 more. I didn't have to wash laundry or anything, I simply took the carts that were already filled to the floor and then bring the dirty bins down for a company to then pick up. They had no intentions of setting me up for success. I was also denied tuition reimbursement because I was attending class for IT.
Pros
Hardly any
Cons
Too many to list
Not a good environment
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYOctober 4, 2018
Horrible place to work, Bad ethics, cut throat environment. No room for advancement unless you go back to college for another degree they don't care how much experience you have if you have an associates you need to get a bachelors degree to get into management.
Benefits
Cons
Cut Throat
a typical day at work
Medical Technologist, Generalist (Current Employee) –  Fort Thomas, KYOctober 3, 2018
A typical day is fast paced very detail work. You have to be on your A game. The workflow is steady and uncomprising so you have to stay on top of it.
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Positive culture, great place to work
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Thomas, KYSeptember 11, 2018
Great management, learning opportunities, awesome work culture, work 3 days a week with opportunity to pick up shifts, hardest part of job remains in the number of patients and acuity of patients.
Poor management
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, KYAugust 14, 2018
Absolutely horrible management. The overall job duties were great and the staff was fun to work with. The management did not have a clue what they were doing and were misleading to staff. Expectations were unrealistic.
Phlebot
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Thomas, KYAugust 8, 2018
*A typical day here was spent inpatient care. I would go to each floor doing blood draws from those patients admitted into the facility.

*Take the cultures to the lab and input all patient data into the computer and tested.

*Management could have been better, but wasn't terrible. When in a position like management you should always focus on work first and friendships later.

*My job was very enjoyable. I met patients of all cultures and backgrounds. There was always something to learn.
Incredible nurse driven hospital
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYJuly 26, 2018
The hospital is nurse driven, and it ensures that the staff has a huge amount of training and education to be the most competent and focused of any hospital in the area.
Love working with that company
Chiropractic Office clerk (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, OHJuly 17, 2018
I enjoy the care we took to treat our patients. I learned how to file, fax schedule appointments and to utilize my skills and how to learn from them.
Pros
Pay, people
Cons
Moved away
H&v was a great place to work
St. Elizabeth Physicians Heart & Vascular (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, KYJuly 15, 2018
Obgyn needs an overhaul.
Working for St. Elizabeth Heart and Vascular was great I learned a lot. Management was wonderful. Staff was great.
I spent 10 years working with this group of people and learned a lot from all of them including the doctors.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. Elizabeth Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.