St. Francis Healthcare Employee Reviews

Horrible management.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMarch 12, 2019
You will not feel a part of the team. The interview is not what the actual job entails. Upper management could care less. They do not allow any time off at all your first 90 days and if you fall ill, it is held against you. Poor training, poor morale, favoritism, lack of communication and depending on who you talk to, the rules are different. To be a Catholic establishment, the employees there are very rude, condescending, and are not helpful at all. You are treated as an outcast and a threat. Do not believe what you hear in the interview process; it is definitely not what is offered.
Pros
Reduced price on lunch but it is the same thing over and over.
Cons
Poor management, high expectations.
great place to work
Supply Chain Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 29, 2019
St Francis Health Care is an awesome place to work. It is a friendly work environment and the St. Francis staff display some of the best work related qualities I have ever experienced.
good long term position with a catch
Stationary engineer (Current Employee) –  boiler roomSeptember 5, 2018
All in All Its a great place to work.
I have a great boss and all of my co-works are just solid good people. I see no backstabbing within my realm of work.
I do feel the place is a little behind the curve of present-day life-work balance and I urge them to change up the shifts and the pay scale that matches the competitors 24/7 365 work requirement.
They are going through some positive changes and once again fantastic co-workers.
Highly recommend working here, as long as you are aware of the life-work balance. Who knows this work schedule might be what you need; its just not for me long term anymore
Pros
Consistant job with a direct employer in Delaware
Cons
life work balance, work every weekend with no change in sight
St. Francis
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 24, 2018
St. Francis is a small non profit organization. Their mission is to serve the community through peacemaking, simplicity, and charity. It is a comfortable place to learn and grow.
Productive work atmosphere
MD Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 14, 2018
Overall Roper St. Francis was a great place to work with wonderful co-workers. Management was sometimes a little hard to follow ; but overall great atmosphere
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Applying for advancement was a problem
cut throat coworkers, management cares only about management
LPN (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DelawareMay 26, 2018
worked on floor and found management showed favoritism, coworkers were cut throat and untrustworthy. Since buy out, the bottom line, not the patients, is the only thing that seems to matter. THINK carefully before taking a job.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
very, very poor management
full of integrity
CHARGE RN-BSN ROPER (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 27, 2018
Interactive management, treats nurses very well, magnet accreditation, adequate nurse: patient ratios, up-to-date practices, patient-centered care. Felt respected and valued
Pros
great area, family like environment
Cons
non-union
Transformed me to be a better leader.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILJanuary 18, 2018
It was a challenging role at the beginning, but rewarding towards the end. If similar opportunity came up again, I would do it again. The team members I had gave me the best of everything in this role. Thank you.
Pros
Commitment, creativity, respect, last but not least a GOOD team.
Great for experience.
Patient Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 13, 2017
Lots of perks to this job, cafeteria, credit union, flexible scheduling. Co-workers can be challenging as they tend to be territorial. Management tries to accomodate.
not fun at all
Life Center Colleague (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 21, 2017
the hardest part of working here is trying to make the participant happy on a daily basis and dealing with the manager with her personal problems with seem to follower her to work every day i loved talking to the clients because of their back ground and how much they teach you about life
Pros
nothing free
Cons
no breaks
Scl health not recommended
ER Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 21, 2017
ST FRANCIS Healthcare in Topeka was a great company to work for until they merged with Exempla of Denver and moved $260 million from Kansas to Colorado to expand the Denver market place and stopped investing in St Francis of Topeka in order to close the hospital.
Cons
SCL Health
Excellent source of education and MRI work experience.
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DE 19805February 20, 2017
A typical day in MRI at ST Francis Hospital requires working in-patients and out-patients flowing to excellent patient experiences.
Review the code cart and sign book.
Do daily phantom test and log it into log book.
Pros
Excellent work flow
Cons
per diem no healthcare
Good workplace
Business Development Mgr (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 17, 2016
Learned a variety of skills regarding working with physicians and business development. Worked well with Business Devel team and enjoyed the professional environment.
Enjoyed in the process improvement and development and growing with the network of physicians and providers.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILDecember 9, 2014
Very demanding job. Learned to grow with the physicians and understand the culture of the organization and how to work with the physicians to create results and improved performance. Embraced the entire team's creativity. It was a dynamic group. President of the company was a mentor and allowed autonomy.
Pros
Dynamic Group
Enjoy working with my coworkers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Breckenridge, MNFebruary 19, 2014
There are several issues here. Mangement being one of them. Morale being another.
Safe, caring, Catholic Sisterhood history type hospital.
Medical Language Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 14, 2012
I appreciated the size of this hospital. I appreciated the quietness of this hospital. I appreciated the thank you that was shown to the employees by having ice cream socials or celebrations under the Oak tree after the new wing was added, etc. I appreciated prayer everynight for the sick over the intercom. I appreciated the chapel. I appreciated the forums. I was a patient there and appreciated the nurses and doctors who took care of me.
Pros
smoke-free hospital.
Cons
lunch break too short.