St. Francis Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stressful job
Material Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 25, 2018
It was a very hectic job to do daily but very easy once you learn it. The staff can be very rude and matter of fact if you don't give them there way for what they ask of you.
Cons
no pay raise
very exciting environment
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAFebruary 25, 2018
In a busy Emergency room, you learn new stuff all the time. You get to see all walks of life. Its very rewarding to be able to help someone and to try to make there day better.
Pros
awesome co-workers
Cons
it was 62 miles from my home each way
team work,great environment,
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 25, 2018
team work and group effort to complete tasks, dependable and safe conscious employees,management fair, pay increase yearly across the board plus individual pay increases according to performance.
Warm and friendly staff
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 23, 2018
I enjoyed working with the staff at sfh. My interaction with the patients was heavy at times in my office. Most of the patients would come to pay on their outstanding balances, to get clarification of insurance denials etc.
Pros
Great staff and friendly environment
Cons
Grossly underpaid
poorly managed
Active and Courtesy Staff (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 19, 2018
This is a hospital where I admitted patients from my practice, I never worked for them. On the whole, it is considered 'second-rate," but I have to admit that they are working hard to better themselves.
N/a
OB Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILFebruary 15, 2018
Typical work day like any other hospital. Come in, punch in, scrub up and get ready to do rounds. Take a rundown from the relief person or the person you're relieving. Every day is different day and you don't know how slow or fast paced the day may be but it's always a great experience.
Excellent patient care
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Roslyn, NYFebruary 15, 2018
Supportive and encouraging staff; great patient care is provided; collaborative healthcare team; supportive management team; room for growth and career advancement
Must be very hardworking
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 14, 2018
Very fast pace, busy environment,typical take care of 5-7 patients. Most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly management team that tries to make staff feel appreciated for the work they do.
Just a 9-5
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 7, 2018
I worked in the Business Office of the hospital. I developed some close relationships with my peers. However, I felt underpaid, overworked, and unappreciated. There was no room for advancement.
Front office receptionist
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAFebruary 7, 2018
Greeting patients and being friendly is what kept our patients coming back, not to mention the excellent medical staff...miss them, we had to do occasional over time with short notice.
Pros
Friendly supportive staff
Cons
no cons
Poor management but great coworkers
Operating Room RN (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVFebruary 7, 2018
Pay was definitely to low for level of job stress. Management was not helpful at all. She was definitely someone that looked good on paper. Left for job closer to home and more money.
Stressful high volume Emergency Room with mediocre management
Staff RN Cardiac Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILFebruary 5, 2018
Responsibilities include performing registered nurse in a high volume level one trauma center with rapid turnover of patients. continuity of patient care was poor due to rapid turnover and high volume.
Nonexistant
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 2, 2018
This facility has been bought out by KU med and no longer exists.
I have nothing more to report since the place no longer exists as a company or place of work.
Great Environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 2, 2018
It was always very busy. The management was always understanding and helped out with what they could. I worked night shift which was at times really hard because I worked 12 hours shifts, but with the help of my colleagues, it made the workflow easy. I have learned to always be prepared for a change and ready to work. I enjoyed being in a positive environment.
Pros
The benefits are great
Cons
Security is not as secure
Good place
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNFebruary 1, 2018
I had no complaints. We worked as a team. There really is nothing more that I care to say. I would return there if needed. I still have friends that work there.
Great place to work with many different ethnic groups from around the world.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 1, 2018
Very busy work days on the surg/med unit.
Strengthen my medical terminology.
Can be strict yet understanding.
Very diverse workplace culture.
Hearing a code blue.
Knowing that you have been able to help someone who may not have gotten the proper care elsewhere because they lacked something.
St. Francis Barlett has a Great night shift Supervisor and staff members.
Charge Nurse / Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TNFebruary 1, 2018
Report on 6-7 Patients,complete: assessments, meds, admissions, complete management reports,manage pain, and assist other staff. News meds are given every night with print out provided to patients and families. Team work is Great 2 RN's and 1 CNA work the whole floor of 12-14 patients. Hardest part is answering call lights and taking puts to bathroom without a Secretary. The relationship between my patients and me is what I Love..
Pros
Great 401K
Cons
staffing has to many patients
Working with the other nurses and learning from them
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILJanuary 31, 2018
Typical day pull up labs call pcp, check board for who were my patients and who doctors were, doing rounds, preparing meds writing orders,following them.making sure all cna took lunches at correct times checking on all scheduled outings for procedures, hardest part of job was standing all day, The most enjoyable was learning fron other nurses and supervisors communications with depts and client seeing pt go home without pain.
Pros
learning new procedures
Cons
not having enough time to eat, heavy load
Dedicated staff and productive work place
NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 28, 2018
I learned many new skills with smart, and dedicated employees. I'm glad and thankful for all their encouragement and support. I couldn't have picked a better place or people to work with.
Pros
Paid time off, Parking, Parties, Health insurance
Cons
Short breaks, Strict attendance
loved the patients
CNA mental health tech/lpn (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOJanuary 27, 2018
getting to see mental health patients get better and live a stable life is wonderful to see. loved the co workers, had work picnics that were fun, great place that involves all the departments of the hospital.