St. Francis Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Team Oriented Staff
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOAugust 7, 2018
Helpful and team oriented staff. Care directed toward providing best possible patient experience. Team working and friendly working environment. Welcomes new nurses with open arms and provides continuous teaching and growth for each nurse.
Good people to work with, challenging work environment.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 30, 2018
I like going to work, I enjoy my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is learning to pull narcotics from the safe. The most enjoyable part of my job is making IV's for the patients.
Great Place to Work
Systems Engineer/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJuly 28, 2018
More than comfortable environment with very diverse talent, technical expertise and collaborative team.Corporate changes are currently being integrated and the entire Trinity Health systems appear to accepted and adopted.
poor oversight
Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJuly 19, 2018
workplace culture of fear and intimidation. micro managing is a priority and making employees feel they are lucky to work there vs empowered to do their jobs
Appreciate the opportunity
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJuly 9, 2018
I was proud to work for this company at one point in my life, I wish I can say the same now,but don't like environment at all.they need new management
Pros
Gained experience
Cons
Short lunch break
Great work environment, great team, great pay
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJune 26, 2018
Amazing work environment. It was almost always professional and managers were able and willing to work around school schedules. Amazing team, we are a family and always watch each other’s backs. Amazing pay especially for my job and compared to other hospitals in the state.
Pros
Lots of experience
Cons
Long hours and extremely stressful
Provides excellent experience.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJune 24, 2018
Working for St. Francis Medical Center has truly been life changing for me and my Family. It has opened up doors for me to gain a variety of experience in the operating room, from spine cases to urology. This is a great place to acquire work experience and to be in the presence of wonderful staff.
Pros
Ent, Urology, Gynocology, Vascular, General, Trauma, Neurology, Plastics, Orthopedics, Organ Harvesting
Cons
To far to travel to work daily.
Job Enjoyment
Supply Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJune 21, 2018
In my position at St. Francis I have a opportunity to connect with so many different people. I like the inclusiveness of the organization and the ability to play an intricate role in improving process within the organization.
Summary
CRRN (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 18, 2018
Good management and staff. Team worked together and worked for the benefit of the clients. The hardest part of work was the lifting but was infrequent.
Pleasant and enjoyable hospital to work in.,
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 17, 2018
St. Francis has closed. The hospital was like a family and very difficult for most employees when it closed it's doors in 2002.
A typical day at work was very busy working as a floor nurse from passing medications to giving baths, from admitting patients, transferring patients and discharging patients. Time management was something I learned well in addition to telemetry, working with ventilators, EKG's, phlebotomy and various other nursing skills. The workplace culture was like a family, team work an enjoyable place to work. The hardest part of my job was being there when the hospital closed. The most enjoyable part was seeing patients recover and go home.
Pros
family atmosphere
Review Summary for St. Francis Medical Center
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 13, 2018
Working in the ER was a very fast paced and exciting job, you never knew what to expect! I met with a variety of patients that made the job so interesting and worked alongside many great people. I have taken a lot from working in the ER and I have learned to remain humble. You never know what life is going to throw at you and have to be grateful for what you have.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Micromanagement
Stressful job
Case Management Nurse (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJune 7, 2018
Did not have a job where I was able to interact with patients. My job was dealing with insurance companies. This was a very stressful job. I missed working with patients which I had done my entire nursing career.
Productive and friendly enviroment to work
Member RN TEAM COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJMay 24, 2018
I work with a mixed population, civilian and incarcerated population. St. Francis has a condusive atmosphere for growth and advancement for nurses. Management care about their employees. As a mission hospital, their core mission is commited towards the underserved within the community and beyound.
N/a
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAMay 20, 2018
Good work environment, welcoming working staff, some of the nurses try their best however may lack enthusiasm while working. Tight nit working team within the Rehab Department.
Pretty decent Job
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAMay 18, 2018
I worked in an out sourced clinic. Management was had to get in contact with when I need them sometimes. We implemented a new computer system, and most of the time I was left to figure it out. But the pay is okay. I don't make enough to save especially since I had my first child and had to take on day care expenses. But overall my working environment is pleasant.
Amazing Hospital
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 16, 2018
Fast Pace environment. Trauma Center working with the under served community. Worked alone in bed Control and Emergency room inpatient hospital admission very fast pace environment. Loved working and helping the patients here.
Traveler
Registered Nurse, Trusted Nurse Staffing (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMay 16, 2018
Unsure of pay and compensation for main employees. Management was great. Enjoyed staff on rehab unit. Enjoyed floating to other units employees were easy to get along with.
excellent place to work
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 9, 2018
supervisors made sure employees had needed supplies--always informed the employees of upcoming changes--the company provided bonuses and other incentives for excellent work
Great Hospital
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAMay 3, 2018
I expanded my career greatly with the choices provided during my tenure as an inpatient pharmacist. Home health, intravenous admixtures, satellite pharmacies, inventory control and multiple locations from which to make choices.
Pros
Varied Hospital Environment
The best volunteer job ever
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAApril 26, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company and I love working with the patients and families

It is something liberating about giving back to those who need you physically and not financially