St. James Episcopal Church Employee Reviews

Calm place to work but little room for advancement
Receptionist/ Front Office (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 29, 2018
It's a church so if your career isn't aligned with learning or teaching the faith, there is little to no room for job advancement. At the evening front desk position, you won't learn much besides answering phones.
Loved playing with the kids
Children's Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 4, 2018
Loved playing with the kids. I learned a lot about how to interact with children and really enjoyed working with the teachers. everyone working in this organization is extremely passionate.
Pros
Kids
Cons
Sitting on the floor
Loving and Supportive work environment
Cantor (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJanuary 25, 2018
I was hired to sing as Cantor for a series of Lent services, and throughout my time there it was always easy to relax and enjoy the rehearsals. Everyone was nice and the environment was very calm.
Cons
Temporary
Loved that job! It was home.
Parish Secretary (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLJanuary 15, 2018
I was hired to be the parish secretary and a few years later I also became the the recording secretary. I truly thought that I would stay there until it was time for me to retire. I produced all the bulletins and announcements for the church each Sunday, produced the monthly newsletter, kept up with people who transferred in and out of the church. Arranged the baptisms, weddings and funerals. There was always something going on. Unfortunately when the economy tanked, so did our budget. My job was eliminated. Very sad for me. I still attend the church and I am very active.
Pros
Wonderful place to work.
Cons
Lost my job due to the economy.
Summary
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJanuary 15, 2018
I enjoyed working at St. James it was a very good work environment. Management was good and very easily to communicate with. I would love to still be working there but I needed a job with benefits.
Pros
Cons
no benefits
St. James E. Church
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 4, 2017
My views and experience of the guidelines at St. James E. Church are highly recommend to people that I come in contact with. I've learned in a typical work day to insure safe environment for the children that range from age of infant to five years old. The management is consist and well organized. The work place culture is a friendly basis opportunity to learn skills to work with children in a creative environment . In the years that I've been employed at St. James I haven't had a hard task to complete my job requirements. The enjoyment of working for St. James are meeting new families and working with families of all races and religions.
Hard work but good
Volunteer Baker (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAAugust 4, 2017
This was a volunteer job where I baked bread all day multiple times to feed those who couldn't feed themselves. Fun environment and a great cause. Would do again.
Enjoyed the friendliness of everyone present
Parish Administrator (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 30, 2016
Wonderful environment with many people willing to work as a team. The biggest challenge was accumulating all necessary information from various team members in order to create Sunday bulletins. That being said, working at St. James was enjoyable.
Nursery
Day Care Supervisor, Sunday (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLDecember 7, 2014
I worked in the nursery while the parents went into church. I did this every Sunday for many years. I enjoyed watching the children grow up spiritual, emotional, and physically. Parents were very nice and loving. The school is now closed but the church is still open.
Love 2 years olds
Nursery Worker/Part-time (Former Employee) –  LAKE CITY FLORIDA 32024November 11, 2014
Coordinate activities of young children including meals and assist with homework. This position also includes answering the telephone and working with parents.
An okay job with long hours and little pay
Building Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTAugust 19, 2013
A typical day at work was cleaning and maintaining the grounds and building. The co-workers were basically in their offices doing other things. The hardest part of the job was being told to do something that you didn't know how and then didn't get any help to learn faster.
The management at this company turned this job into a nightmare.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  La Grange, TXSeptember 10, 2012
The management not being able to keep a line between work and personal as it pertained to other employees made this job impossible despite the excellent compensation.
Very supportive environment
Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 14, 2012
Very pleasant and fun place. I got to do what I enjoy doing and learned some new things too that were very helpful to know in the future.
Pros
weekly meetings with priest was productive
fun workplace...friendly families
Nursery and Kitchen worker (Current Employee) –  Amesbury, MAApril 20, 2012
i love this church and what i am doing here
on a typical day i start by making coffee and setting up the tables
then i put out the food and by the time i am done i have usually atleast one baby there to care for.
Longtime volunteer work training helpers at church, producing manuals for use
Head Verger (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TxFebruary 27, 2012
This is more appropriately valuable as extra volunteer, non pay, work. It did however, give me the time and opportunity to develop my training skills, and management of people services.
Pros
freedom to dictate my time and talent use.
Cons
i really don't see a con for this position.
Very small and dedicated Episcopal Church
Newark, DE (Former Employee) –  Music DirectorNovember 9, 2011
Traditional church used familar hymns. Choir started with four voices and later dissolved due to members health.
Pros
great three manual rodger's organ
Cons
twenty dedicated people came to church