St. John’s Riverside Hospital Employee Reviews

Management must support the hard working staff who served more than 10 years
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYFebruary 24, 2019
Staff were given the opportunity to join work association,benefits were cut down who were recently hired.Staff were allowed to choose to transfer to different floor of their choice if their is a vacancy.
Productive workplace
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 3, 2019
I would recommend St John's as a work place. Very professional nursing stafff. The hospital is a community hospital which cares for patients in the highest of standards. I worked full time for more than 35 years and I have seen improvements in both nursing care and customer service.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Challenging personalities
fast paced and understaffed
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYDecember 24, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of receiving a daily run down on each patient individually regarding their diagnosis/severity of their sickness. Answering call bells, answering phones, turning and positioning patients. Recording I&O output and daily vitals/BP.
Meal time is too short and there are no provisions to purchase.
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYDecember 7, 2018
At present I am not willing to review the overall work environment or St. John's Hospital. Currently the morale at St. John's is very low due to the new administration that was installed beginning in January of 2018.
Pros
Salary is comparable to my creditialing
Cons
Little room for advancement
Great opportunity to gain healthcare experience.
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYNovember 15, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of me picking up and moving patients to examinations and different departments. I learned so much hands on experience working in the emergency department. Management was workable and understanding to such high volume environment. It was a mixture of different cultures whether it was staff or patients, very diverse and understanding. The most challenging part of the job was being the only transporter for the ER department. It was a constant and non stop patient flow, sometimes playing catch up with work volume from lack of man power support. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing the best but most understanding support and service to the patients. That was such an immense self rewarding feeling that's priceless.
Pros
Discounts on movie tickets and broadway show events.
Cons
No staff on my line of work or department.
St Johns
Stress Cardiac Technician (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYNovember 10, 2018
Worked there for 37 years. I liked working there as evident in the time I spent there. Made many wonderful friends and helped countless patients. Had I not needed to retire due to an injury I would still be there.
Great Job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYNovember 7, 2018
Worked as a security officer, enjoyed every day. Great experience dealing with different people. My team members were friendly and understanding. We always helped each other.
Pros
great team work
Good people
Clinical Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYNovember 6, 2018
St Johns afforded me an opportunity like no other. My first nursing leadership opportunity was a risk for both them and myself. I am fortunate to have had the chance that they provided me. It was a life lesson
productive
Intern (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 24, 2018
Check case load,dissimed those who finish there course in chemical dependency and give them referral to other faciality.Also with activities and food.
Pros
no lunch
Cons
healthcare
okay for a temporary job
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 14, 2018
I had a great manager whom is very understanding. The leadership management does not care for their employees. They only care about numbers... Did make a lot of good friends there.. we all had the same stressful struggle and it brought us together.
productive and excellent culture to work in
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 30, 2018
A typical day at work entails receiving report, completing hourly rounds, medication administration, and performing wound care. There are educational sessions involved in the daily routine of the floor.
student nurse
Student Nurse Intern (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJuly 26, 2018
I learned a lot. the nurses were helpful. the hospital was nice. it seems like there is room for promotion if i was qualified. The area is out of reach
Offers flexible work schedule
REGISTERED NURSE/ TELEMETRY STEPDOWN UNIT (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 21, 2018
Provided opportunity to work with patients with cardiac issues. Great environment to advance your skills. Offer opportunity to work in high skill settings.
nice community
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 18, 2018
Wonderful staff members. They really know there stuff. The equipment is out dated but non the less the job gets done. Would love to wok here. A lot of opportunities.
There is always room for advancement
Admissions Registrar/Outreach Liaison (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 8, 2018
I began as an intern 1998-1999 and work my way through different departments since. They, offer transfers/internal. The Union offers a lot of services for its members. I enjoy working for STJRH.
Pros
internship/internal transfers
Cons
under staffing in departments
Wonderful teaching hospital
Night shift Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 7, 2018
I relocated with my family. This was the teaching hospital where I first started my nursing career. Working in the NICU and delivery room, gave me the much needed experience for my current day work-life.
Family atmosphere
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 17, 2018
This small community hospital has been serving the community well for many years. Many of us that work, here went to Cochran Nursing School and have never left.
Pros
Beautiful setting on banks of Hudson.
Cons
Short staffed
A great experience
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 13, 2018
Liked the opportunity for upward mobility and a place to learn and be educated continuously. The supervision was excellent and most times the supervisors were open to suggestions and willing to make changes that benefited all staff.
Benefits
Cons
resistant clients
Productive and Busy work place
Human Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 13, 2018
The HR department is big, but broken down into categories. In the end we all work together as a team. One one person is out, they other helps with whatever they can.
Wonderful Place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJune 8, 2018
St. Johns is a wonderful place to work at. There is great community and care for each team member and that allows us to provide the best care for the patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. John’s Riverside Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

St. John’s Riverside Hospital Reviews by Location