St. John’s Riverside Hospital Employee Reviews

okay for a temporary job
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 14, 2018
I had a great manager whom is very understanding. The leadership management does not care for their employees. They only care about numbers... Did make a lot of good friends there.. we all had the same stressful struggle and it brought us together.
productive and excellent culture to work in
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 30, 2018
A typical day at work entails receiving report, completing hourly rounds, medication administration, and performing wound care. There are educational sessions involved in the daily routine of the floor.
student nurse
Student Nurse Intern (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJuly 26, 2018
I learned a lot. the nurses were helpful. the hospital was nice. it seems like there is room for promotion if i was qualified. The area is out of reach
nice community
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 18, 2018
Wonderful staff members. They really know there stuff. The equipment is out dated but non the less the job gets done. Would love to wok here. A lot of opportunities.
There is always room for advancement
Admissions Registrar/Outreach Liaison (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 8, 2018
I began as an intern 1998-1999 and work my way through different departments since. They, offer transfers/internal. The Union offers a lot of services for its members. I enjoy working for STJRH.
Pros
internship/internal transfers
Cons
under staffing in departments
Wonderful teaching hospital
Night shift Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 7, 2018
I relocated with my family. This was the teaching hospital where I first started my nursing career. Working in the NICU and delivery room, gave me the much needed experience for my current day work-life.
Family atmosphere
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 17, 2018
This small community hospital has been serving the community well for many years. Many of us that work, here went to Cochran Nursing School and have never left.
Pros
Beautiful setting on banks of Hudson.
Cons
Short staffed
Wonderful Place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJune 8, 2018
St. Johns is a wonderful place to work at. There is great community and care for each team member and that allows us to provide the best care for the patients.
Good employees
MAILROOM CLERK (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMay 14, 2018
Overall it was a good experience being an employee of st.john's riverside hospital friendly staff amazing company benefits. It was pretty fast paced which made the day go by pretty fast. It was a pleasure working there
fun place to work
Per Diem Switchboard operator (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMay 4, 2018
As a per diem switchboard operator I am not there all the time. However when I'm there its a good working environment. Friendly employees. Clean hospital.
Great working environment, good collaboration with medical director
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, New YorkApril 25, 2018
Working at St. Johns was exciting, constantly learning or being challengd wich is great for me. The managment is very good and the realtionship with my peers has always been professional and relaxed. The chances for advancement are stagnant and MSN degrees and DNP degrees show no difference in salary, responsibility or advancement. The patients are all great, mutual respect, and made the work satisfying.The most difficult part of the job was advancement and th emost enjoyable part of the work are my patients.
Pros
Constant learning, staying sharp on the medications and care for the patient
Cons
Travel over the GE bridge is expensive and time consuming
It is rumored that this institution is insolvent.
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYApril 24, 2018
Presently it appears that St. John's is operating in the red and the employees are uncertain about it's solvency creating an environment of uncertainty.
Pros
excellent location, excellent benefits.
Cons
poor management
Great place work
ADMITTING REGISTRAR (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYApril 20, 2018
Great place to work, excellent manager, great staff great pay and great benefits. patient flow is great work load is fine great training and great benefits.
Bootcamp
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYApril 19, 2018
This hospital is a great place to learn many new skills because alot of responsibilities are dumped into your lap by supervisors and management. They do give new hires and people with little experience a chance which is great but I'd advise everyone to use this place merely as a stepping stone to something greater and nothing else.
good place to work
Clinical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  Westchester, NYApril 4, 2018
very busy laboratory. These is always room for improvments. I recommed the place for others. the overall inveronment is fine.
good hospital
Productive and professional fast paced setting
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMarch 13, 2018
Had to deal with very rude and ghetto patients, that had know patience what soever. As the professional registrar I was, I always stayed professional and tried to encourage the patient that they would be seen accordingly. That was the hardest part of my job, keeping the patients calm in their need of medical attention. I always enjoyed talking with the children patients.
Pros
Discount on our lunches
Cons
The waiting room could have been cleaner.
Friendly work environment
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMarch 4, 2018
Great hospital to work for. The medical and clinical staff in the women's rehab work as a team and patients are aware of the importance of teamwork on the unit.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Work Day
Scheduling Coordinator - Registrar (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYFebruary 28, 2018
I enjoy the doctors I work for in the Advanced Oncology Associates clinic at St Johns Hospital. I really like my co workers they help make everyday tasks easier but I especially love our patients coming here and seeing how they handle each and everyday gives me hope and the strength to deal with my own life.
highs and lows
Multiple Positions (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYFebruary 26, 2018
Has positives and negatives. I realy don't know what else to say. I think it is all in the attitude and what your are able to handle. I do not like writing these things.
benefits
Cons
stressfull
Productive Workplace
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYFebruary 11, 2018
The hospital and its ambitions are towards patient care and improvement of their day to day activities. We strive to give patients the best care that we possibly can so that they don't have to return to our hospital, and if they must they choose to come back to us to receive the same great care.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
lot of traffic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. John’s Riverside Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

St. John’s Riverside Hospital Reviews by Location