St. John’s Riverside Hospital

St. John’s Riverside Hospital Employee Reviews

United States150 reviews
I love my position as a medical assistant so it doesn't matter where I work, truly. I will learn and thrive. Overall, this was an amazing place to work.
Pros
Free lunches, nice staff, nice atmosphere.
Cons
long waiting times for patients, not enough employees.
The only good thing is the compensation, but the management and all of the administrators treat the staff and employees with complete disregard. Absolutely the worst experience of my life! It was a small period of time that I spent here in my 30 year career in healthcare. I was treated poorly and made complaints that fell on deaf ears. I had no choice but to leave because nobody should ever be treated that badly.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Everything else, horrible.
Overall its a decent place to work in but only because we are protected with a union. Benefits are great and the staff are respectful and polite.....
Benefits
Cons
supervisors micro manage
Good people. Management is great. I was a student so they would give us different tasks to complete that were very helpful to my future career. I would work for them
I worked there 3 years many years ago.I always felt that management was not for the workers.Mind you I worked in substance abuse which is a small specialized part of St.John.Some of the counselors were nice. I always felt the nurses looked down on the counselors.The hospital is clean and nice and it was ok.unionized.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Nursing vs. Counsling
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Hated working here, Supervisor at the time rude and racist. They tend to pick on whom they think they can, they like kiss-a#*es.They don't allow you to sit for a breather, they don't want to see you sitting down as if your slaves.
Fast paced work place, good environment, fun people. Great organization, family oriented. People stay at the organization for many years. We have an amazing CEO who goes above and beyond the call of duty for his employees.
Pros
Great Salary
Cons
Insurance
Very well organized. The patients there are very friendly and would recommend to work there. The ER is very calm and peaceful. THE EHR system is very easy to use.
I work at St.Johns for 8 years and became like family with many of the employees. I only left because I relocated. The only thing is that’s there’s no real room for advancement
St. John's Riverside Hospital has great healthcare coverage and job security. Nice place to work. Mgt is always changing, but a nice place to work overall.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at St. John’s Riverside Hospital?
It’s an opportunity to see what it’s like to work in a place that is short staffed not equipped and poorly managed. It’s called the White House so you can get a hint on what it’s like.
Great environment to work at everybody works as a family great doctors great ministration staff well generous everybody work together as a team doctors physicians nurses environmental services Nutrition material handling management One big family
I learned a lot working at St John's. I had a supportive team and I was able to work alongside some of the most competent and brilliant staff nurses. Like any where else, there involves a degree of politics but my suggestion is just do your job, show up to work on time and mind your business and you will be ok.
I worked in the ED. It was a good place for a new nurse to get their feet wet & learn your skills. I learned a lot there & gained critical thinking skills. I liked the people I worked with. Most of the MD's are hard to work with but the ED MD's were great. Not a place for Nurses to work long-term though. Management is uptight. Get your experience and move on to a bigger magnet hospital that supports their Nurses.

theirNurses.
St. Johns Riverside Hospital is a non-profit Hospital that will be partnering shortly with Montefiore. St. Johns has had some financial mismanagement at the top, and therefore rarely gives salary increases.
I started it working there through a agency where they used to send me to do my task as a HHA. and one the manager named phedra love the way I performed my job and she decided to offer me a position there as a registrar perdiem position
I worked in Labor and Delivery. As a CST, I was not expected to float to other floors to work and perform duties of CNA. Did not get much OR experience. To be fair, I worked the night shift, so sections were not scheduled.
Management needs lots of improvement. Most do not know how to handle responsibilities, delegate or process workflow accurately. No sense of loyalty or respect.
its a great place to work and I have worked here over 20 plus years. culture is great and people are too. management is helpful and truly engaged with employees
St John's Riverside Hospital is a great place to work, the staff is very friendly and we have a great team. We always work together and try to make the patient
It's a good place to start gaining experience in healthcare but there's not a lot of room for advancement/to grow, especially in my department. I feel that you have to know certain people in order to move up.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. John’s Riverside Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.