St. John's University Employee Reviews

A general office setting
Graduate Worker (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 18, 2018
My day to day included answering emails, making phone calls, doing various projects, and managing various study abroad programs and the student requirements needed for those programs. I also created weekly newsletters for semester and short term programs.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no benefits
Relaxed but very attentive
Resident Safety Monitor (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 16, 2018
Sit at the front desk of a dorm building and be alert at all times with the cameras of the building, the people entering and the people exiting. Check in the guests of the residents and make sure the proper identification is given for that individual. Keep track of all the off campus identification cards that are kept. Deny access to residents or visitor that do not belong there.
Productive and fun place to work
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 5, 2018
It was a joy to work in the mailroom. I am currently a student worker who is comfortable in the work environment. I will continue to work here throughout my years in college.
Productive workplace
Information Technology Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 4, 2018
A typical day at work involves helping students with wifi, printing, and laptop problems. They allowed student-workers to do homework so I would read books when it was not busy.
Wonderful place to work!
Reserve Desk Tech.l Assistant III, Access Services (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 1, 2018
Managed and maintained the Reserve Room. Data input, removal and maintenance of patrons information and Library Reserve material. Dealt with fine collections. Trained and supervised student assistants and staff assigned to the Reserve Desk. Reconciled, diagnosed and held responsible for all library reserve tasks.
Assisted with food prep for college students
Sexton Dining (Former Employee) –  Collegeville,MNJune 25, 2018
Assisted with making subs for college students as well as working the grill on a daily basis. Work was very repetitive and there was not much room for growth or advancement.
Friend work place, well balanced of work and study
Student Assistant Worker (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 12, 2018
I was hired by the university where I studied for my master, so we have the restriction of maximum work hour of 20 hours per week. There was no hardest part of this job, the supervisors would not give you too much work or long lasting project. Only during the university application season, the workload would be tired you up. I was doing lots of front desk work. My interpersonal, conversational and problem solving skills were enhanced. The enjoyable part of the job was you could experience different problems and students everyday. I learnt many things and my horizon was broaden. The workplace culture is good, the hierarchy was clear, everyone was working hard.
Pros
No project, No overtime
Cons
Routine office work
Great work environment
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 4, 2018
Working at St.John's University is great, I get to be part of the university that I attend,meet new people everyday and help them with their needs and requests.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 4, 2018
Great place to work if you are a student. Allows a great work life balance during final exams. The management is easy going and understanding. The work is not too hard.
Peer Educator
Peer Educator (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 3, 2018
got a great experience mentoring new freshmen and transfer student athletes on the expectations as a collegiate division 1 athlete and balancing academics
Work-Study
Admissions Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2018
We handled confidential information about prospective and incoming students. You got to handle your own schedules and the supervisor is understanding.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Good Workplace
Department Coordinator/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 22, 2018
During my years at St. John's I worked in an office where I assisted the professors. I learned how to work not only with the professors but with the administrators and students. The University was managed very well and the workplace culture was professional. The hardest part of the job was doing everything I could for the student that was humanly possible in the position that I held; most enjoyable part of the job was when I was successful.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
great place g
College Freshmen Peer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 5, 2018
Great place to work especially being with fellow students. Coordinating the freshman was very fun because I like helping people. The job had its moments of stress but it was okay.
Friendly working environment
Research lab volunteer (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 13, 2018
Supervisors are very friendly. They understand that student workers have other requirements outside the workplace, so they always try their best to accommodate those needs.
well balanced
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 6, 2018
Great environment with great people that are always engaging and helping you grow. Learned a-lot and was helped along the way. very diverse and very inviting.
Working here was okay
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2018
The job was okay. Management is not bad, depending on your department. Coworkers are pretty good and the hours are flexible. I enjoyed working here a lot.
Productive and easy going
Student Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYFebruary 4, 2018
It was an amazing place to work with easy going but helpful co workers. It was truly good experience as a college student. It help build the skills and a good foundation of work ethics.
Pros
Amazing place
I'm only a graduate assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYFebruary 2, 2018
Honestly, being a graduate research assistant was not terribly demanding. I acted more as a secretary than I did as an actual research assistant. Professors aren't willing to entrust a graduate student with their own research, I suppose.
great job.
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  101 Astor Place, new york, new york, 10003January 31, 2018
Great job. i loved working here. the students and faculty were supportive and respectful. it was a great place. i would recommend it to anyone who is into helping people.
Pros
great job.
Cons
A good enviroment for a student worker
IT Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 16, 2018
Through working as a student worker in the IT department, I learned much concerning the maintenance of the campus's computer network and maintenance. Student's would be required to assist professors in trouble shooting or technical difficulties whenever they would arise.
Pros
safe, friendly, social, good work enviroment
Cons
relaxed, not very demanding