St. John's University Employee Reviews

Excellent University Culture
Asst Dir Strength and Conditioning (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 5, 2019
Several generations of my family attended St. John's. Even though it's a large university, it has a family feel. Very supportive administration and opportunities for advancement - particularly through the educational initiatives for higher learning.
Pros
Collaborative Work Culture
Cons
Pay - expensive area to live
Great coworkers, amazing place to start making friends.
Operations Member (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 2, 2019
Depending on what time of the semester it was, the workload would vary immensely.
Towards the start and the end, there was work to be done almost all day, everyday. Between setting up for events and cleaning up others, each shift was jam packed with fun, laughter, roasting sessions and a lot of work.
However, around the middle 8/9 weeks of the semester, most days would be just be us doing our hourly rounds/checks, and coming back to the office.
My favourite part of the job was the memories and the friends I made, as well the experience it offered through everyday tasks and management tasks during events.
Pros
Free food, free entry to most campus events.
Cons
Some events run till ungodly hours.
Productive and Understanding
Queens - Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 14, 2018
I love working here. I'm a student worker, so the bosses are very relaxed with time shifts. I love the managers, things are not too difficult. They give fair deadlines.
Workplace culture
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 14, 2018
Although management actively tries to keep morale to a high. It is difficult to stay motivated when the overarching theme is to do more with less. Employees have left the field and responsibilities are spread among the remaining staff, leading to low morale and overworked employees.
Pros
Healthcare, benefits
Cons
workload
Relaxed yet Focused
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2018
I enjoy working here as a Grad Assistant cause I can learn and teach on the job. My supervisors are wonderful and understanding. They know we're in school and give us some leeway in scheduling. Really helps to know they are on my side.
Adjunct
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Accounting (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2018
Part-time. Adjunct. Excellent Department Chair, Positive culture. Students are my number one priority. Enjoyable place to teach. The University needs to value the education and professional experience of the Adjunct Professors.
Pros
Collaborative
Cons
Compensation, Career Growth Advancement
School and work
Manager of Operations and Events (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 7, 2018
I learned the valuable lesson of balance in this position. During my time as and operations manager I controlled the coming and goes of my fellow students at events and through the halls of on of the newest facilities on campus. It was a time of controlling the space around as well as my own time as a student. Balance is key
Pros
working on campus
Cons
work and school
Outside perspective
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYNovember 6, 2018
I was a consultant, not a direct employee. If you are a direct employee then their benefits cannot be beat. Lot of good people working there when I was there.
Great unviersity to work at
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYOctober 1, 2018
Was an amazing place to work at. This was the beginning of my career but had an opportunity to work with technically good and challenging management. Really felt like part of one team and colleagues were great to work with.
What a Garbage Pile
Professor (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 24, 2018
Do not work here. Nobody cares. Nobody is invested. The only thing people care about is getting to their cars before 4PM to beat the traffic. They say one thing about the goals and mission and act another way. They are disinterested, shallow people who care nothing for other people in the university. They speak only in cynical phrases. They are very toxic, and the place is unhealthy.

It's a shame students come here and rack up 6 figure debt to be made fun of by an old white man in an ill-fitting suit who barely graduated law school and thinks they are God's gift to education. It's pathetic.
Cohesive work environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYSeptember 19, 2018
St. John's University was a great place to work and learn how non-profit schools work. I learned the importance of Alumni and out entities donating funds to the school is highly valued. I worked with an ex Marine. He taught me discipline and how to remain consistent at work and my personal life. He also taught me to go after what I want in life. Keep pushing forward and being progressive.
Pros
Beautiful Neighborhood
Cons
Good energy with different people in each class
Dance Instructor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 17, 2018
I taught a hip-hop class once a week and it was always something that I looked forward to. Everyone who attended my class were so energetic, sweet, and determined. That energy amplified my emotions and for one hour a week, I got to meet and dance with confident and extravagant people.
Excellent environment
Technology Coordinator, (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 14, 2018
Students made this job amazing. One of the first places I worked at in order to move forward in my career. This institution was inflation toward my long term career!
Proctor
Law Proctor (Current Employee) –  Fresh Meadows, NYSeptember 14, 2018
Professional environment,
Great training
Fair place to work at. People are easy to work with, everyone is respectful and kind, we are treated with respect
Pros
Easy to approach supervisors
Wonderful Organization
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYSeptember 6, 2018
My time working at St. John's University was memorable and worthwhile. I made new friends and learned a great deal from my various roles at the institution.
excellent place to work.
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYSeptember 4, 2018
I enjoyed working at st johns university. I was a student and the job was so much fun and productive that I learned so much. My boss was an amazing lady and she taught me so much.
First Job in USA, Nice learning environment, Good team work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2018
Flexible Schedule, Provide Proper Training, Nice learning environment, Good team work, Friendly management, Fruitful meeting in every week, provide Holydays.
Pros
Team Work
Adjunct
Adjunct Instructor - Marketing (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 31, 2018
As an Adjunct Instructor I am able to collaborate with colleagues in my department and College. The administrative team in the Dean's office is extremely helpful and always available to assist. The Center for Teaching & Learning provides ample opportunity for Adjunct Faculty to learn and bring new teaching methods to the classroom
St. Johns University
Grad Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 23, 2018
Loved the atmosphere of my office. I was a grad assistant and my boss was very easy to work with my schedule as a full time student.Truly thankful for the opportunity
I had a positive work experience
Communication Adjunct Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 17, 2018
I am an adjunct just wish there were more classes at night for me to teach. I had a great work experience there. I love going into work to teach every week.