St. John Health System Employee Reviews

Sad hopeless environment
Document Specialist AKA Mailroom (Davis Tower) (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 17, 2019
Like I said before if you have a problem in your department don’t go to your manager because it will make you the problem instead of the actual “person” problem that’s the issue. I tried to resolve a problem I had with another employee being hateful and rude, not just to me but to other employees in other departments and my manager did nothing....After my 3rd attempt to get a resolution, the manager called both of us into his office and had me explain to him what problem I had with the employee who was sitting next to me. Talk about being unprofessional. On top of that I never got an orientation and I didn’t have health insurance the 11/2 years of working there. But that according to my manager was my fault as well So this was just my experience there. if you want, it might just be the right place for you, but if you want to make friends while working and have people smile at you and say hi, and feel like you have a voice.....Look at another company for employment.
BTW: I am not one of those people who only leave negative feedback on sites, I believe that everyone’s opinion matters and it helps others know what to expect. So I’m sad that I have to say only negative things about this company but that’s all there is.
Pros
Covered parking (but get some mace and get to work early)
Cons
No one listens to you and no one sees you either
Beware case managers
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 16, 2019
Not very much support by management in the case management department. The treat you like you don’t know anything and constantly pressure you to discharge patients. It’s all a numbers game. The bottom line is most important. The two managers don’t support their team and I will run far away from working in the case management department at St Johns Medical Canter.
Pros
Co workers are great
Cons
Bully mentality by management
part of a larger Catholic health ministry
Drug Room Supervisor/ CS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Nowata, OKJanuary 15, 2019
good benefits, good pay, reimbursement on tuition. Good opportunities for advancement. Must work well with others patient oriented facility. I have made some good friends working for this facility
excellent work enviroment
Registered Nurse (Med Surg) (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 8, 2019
great health system. You always feel apart of the team. lot of professional learning experience and mentoring. benefits are good too. Tuition reimburtment and health cares
Love my job
PCT/CNA (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 4, 2019
We were family we met everyday to discuss our patients care and we save lives even tho we were on the rehab unit it was wonder for team work when we had disagree we would have private conversation and sold problems.
Pros
Friend ppl
Cons
Change in management
team work with fellow nurses, however patient to nurse ratio is too much
Registered Nurse - Float Pool (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 28, 2018
Its hard to give good patient care when the patient to nurse ratio is too high. The nursing staff that i have worked with on the various floors i have floated to have pretty much all been very helpful and glad that there is extra help through the float pool. Team work is displayed on most floors. The patient load however is way too heavy. It is impossible to give good patient care because there is no time available for that. We are ran ragged by the end of a shift. Also I think the charting system could be greatly improved by truly charting by exception. There is a lot of redundant charting that goes on and unnecessary. I wish that big John would get the hand help patient touch machines that Jane Phillips has in Muskogee.
Pros
set own schedule
Cons
patient to nurse ratio
great place to work
Patient Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 10, 2018
St. john health system is a great place to work for. they take great care of there people who work there. very friendly place to work for. pay is great
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nowata, OKNovember 5, 2018
Coworkers are amazing, getting to help people in the community. Opportunities to learn new things all the time. The management is great, always willing to help where needed.
yes productive work place with ping pong tables
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 30, 2018
it is fun but a place were there is much work to get dune, some down time to relax, but good incentives toward pay. and good benefits for employees, nice environment , busy place. and clean, good food for guest and resident
Pros
yes some free lunches
very fast pace
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKSeptember 24, 2018
very fast pace environment. i worked with some of the most amazing doctors and nurses, very clean and by the book hospital. loved my fellow coworkers and the benefits that came along with it as well.
I was happy working there when I first started but new management and a new company took over and things and values changed.
Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKSeptember 12, 2018
I would not want to work for St. John’s in Bartlesville again unless new management were brought in. The values aren’t followed and upper management has no concern for the entry level employees. If you have family working there, you will always have job security, otherwise it’s a very stressful environment to work in.
Productive, Fast Paced, work environment.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 15, 2018
Every shift begins and ends with a floor meeting (Huddle). Sometimes you waited on your coworkers, other times you were sent out as a sitter, if you were a CNA. If you worked the floor as a CNA (on 5 East), it was a gamble for how many patients you will be taking care of and on occasion could reach upwards of 15. Most of whom are recovering from open heart surgery. I can't say for sure that I learned anything new, mostly just seeing firsthand how the floor of a hospital operates. Management was better than most as far as taking care of their employees but staffing alone was pitiful. The culture at St. John's was tolerant, in the sense that we respected all cultures as you have to in medicine. The hardest part of the job there was when you would have to work with the lazy nurses. There were about 5-6 nurses on the entire floor's team that kept them all afloat. Without that handful, St. John's would not have had the best cardiology unit in the region at that time because patient satisfaction would have been non-existent. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the shifts that I worked with the nurses who enjoyed their jobs or could at least perform them well. They were always your angel of mercy.
Pros
Abundance of work opportunity.
Cons
Abundance of lazy staff members.
Morale is extremely low
Neuroscience Nurse Navigator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 12, 2018
St. John is in transition right now. Morale is low, management/administration is in flux. Appx 6 years ago, St. John was bought by Ascension and, ever since the acquisition took place, the work environment has become less about quality of care and patient driven and more about the bottom line. Quality is no longer valued unless you can save or make money at the same time. Very scary and very sad.
Pros
The staff who has decided to stay
Cons
everything else. Just a commodity
patient focused care
Assistant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 4, 2018
St John Senior Community a continuum of care for long term care rehabilitation and dementia. A beautiful setting for care and recovery. The decision to exit from nursing home care of their two facilities was disappointing as the goal of service to the poor eliminated two venues to provide such care.
Longterm
Material Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 29, 2018
The typical work day was pretty laid back.

You must be a self starter.

Pay close attention to safety & cleanliness guidelines.

Strong, faith based culture.
Fast pace job
Certified Nurse Aid (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 23, 2018
job was very fast pace and rewarding. working with nurses to give patients good treatment. great place to work. Would recommend this company to work for.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
long hours on your feet
A wonderful place to learn and grow
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 18, 2018
The culture at this hospital truly follows their stated mission beliefs. This is a wonderful place to work and I have recommended it to many friends. The staff truly care about one another.
Cons
Newer management can be difficult to work for
Growing Pains
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKJuly 16, 2018
As I began working at the Owasso location before it opened for patients I was part of the preparatory work. I waxed floors, Cleaned the ER and OR to OSHA standards to be ready for patients. I trained a scrub tech to clean the OR suites between procedures to government standards. I attempted to get all staff mentally prepared for adhering to Standards of cleanliness prior to and early after the facility opened but I was med with resistance. Staff did not comprehend the importance of infection control since their previous positions did not prepare them to be mindful of precautions. I ended up leaving because I was seen as a trouble maker rather than concerned about the health and welfare of patients.
Pros
Important for cleanliness & infection control
Cons
Rigid thinking processes
Good first job experience
Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 9, 2018
St. John is a great hospital, but there was no room for advancement in the company. St. John was taken over by Ascension Health System right before I left, and I have heard there have been a lot of layoffs and poor job security.
Pros
Good experience and benefits
Cons
no room for advancement
Don’t apply
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 5, 2018
Horrible management, pay sucks, management does a lot of favoritism. Hire people they know or like. Managers are rude and inconsiderate. Hours suck, have to work weekends, holidays. Always hiring since people are always quitting. Dirty place, dirty work environment. Coworkers have horrible hygiene while working with medications. Just don’t do it. No bonus or pay raises either.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Management sucks, pay sucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St. John Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight